infiltrator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by arnoldX05, Jul 15, 2019.

1. arnoldX05

i mostly play vehicle and long range sniper or scout/smg inf and max but when i play as light assault/medic/heavy i just cant get any kills 1-2 but with inf/max/venchile i can get 10-50kill streak pretty easy any tips ?
  2. JibbaJabba

hehe sounds like you've been crutching on the cheese my man. KDR is easy to achieve from a sniper scope or behind a vehicles armor.

Generic playstyle things for a heavy:
    • Prioritize survival over kills and the kills will come (a respawning man gets no kills).
    • Run medkits and chug one anytime you take a hit.
    • Retreat when reloading...like far... run away full speed for 1/2 the reload, run back for the remainder.
    • Disengage constantly unless the kill is happening. Enemy starts one bullet ahead of you? break off. Got the drop on someone but taking fire elsewhere? break it off. Started the engagement first but just body shotting and you get some return dinks to head? break it off.
    • Call forth the spirit of the cockroach and move like one. Track near cover constantly. When engaging be able to retreat to cover easily (and don't pick cover that is just grenade bait).
    • Do not overpeek, use corner edges to turn a 3v1 into a series of 1v1s
    • Learn to Therum Shuffle.
    To chain kills you need to win a 1v1 decisively. That means initiative and headshots.
    • For initiative, be sure you are the one exposing line of sight, not the other guy. If on local offense, be aggressive. If on defense retreat, peek, retreat, peek. Never peek a door while already ADS. Too slow and you lose clientside initiative.
    • For headshots, pre-aim constantly. Every building has a yellow horizontal stripe, use it. Don't hang your crosshairs when running around, pre-aim every corner you approach.
    • Up x 2
  3. Savadrin

This is clearly up for debate :eek::eek::D:p
  4. That_One_Kane_Guy

This right here. OP I cannot emphasize the above enough. The nature of this game is such that you will inevitably die more quickly than you expect. There can be as much as a quarter second of delay between what you perceive is happening in the game and what is actually happening on the server. Your 'Fight or Flight' window in this game is incredibly small. Eventually you will get a feel for the game where you will 'know' if a fight is good or bad almost immediately and be able to take appropriate steps.

Also something to note specifically about your class choices and performance; don't use KDR as a measuring stick for performance. You are practically never going to get the same KDR with other infantry classes as you get with a sniper, MAX, or vehicle. Vehicles and MAXs cost resources and by their nature provide more potential combat power than normal infantry classes, and while Infiltrators can rack up impressive killstreaks they will generally have lower KPM than most other classes.
  5. Badman76

Would like to add that your main enemy as a heavy is going to be cqc infiltrators and light assaults so bare that in mind. I rarely get killed by max's, medics or engineers in 1vs1

• Up x 1
  6. Twin Suns

I fully agree with this gentleman. As a filthy SMuG infil I make a beeline for those Heavies, especially those VS Beetlecheese Heavies. :)

Dirty dancing with Heavies, that's what I do. "Nobody puts baby in a corner" LOL

o7
  7. JibbaJabba

Just poking through some random recursion sessions it looks like my deaths to HA are roughly the same as my Infil and LA deaths combined. So for me at least my #1 threat as an HA is other HAs. It varies wildly by session though.

Probably the #1 counter to a heavy in my experience is a CQB Bolter. I don't find other infil variants to be a huge problem. They are a high KDR but low KPM class. The bolter loadout is an exception to this. I also die to maxes fairly frequently but that's mostly because I divert to engage them cuz that's kinda my job.

disclaimer: I'm only a 1 kpm heavy on a good day so not I'm not all that.