[Suggestion] playing against a siege basically...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by typnct, Jul 7, 2019.

1. typnct

you all had this situation, and it happens on a daily basis and it doesnt make it fun to play on the recieving end
    its happening usually to one nation per server
    and we all know what it is

double teams or whatever that cause extreme pop imbalance in battles
    for example a good fight - 50 50
    a bad fight 55-45
    a really overpoped fight 60-40 and then there is the i cant get out the spawn 65 - 35+

points to remember:
    *you cant do anything, being under-popped isnt an advantage, this isnt the bible use logic
    *you cant use infils as there are so many spawn camping infils that you'll die in an instant
    *thinking positively is good, but it doesnt mean its an advantage to your side
    *saying that you have equal pop to every other nation while you can only get into a 60-40 fights isnt really a balanced fight and there is nothing you can do about it
    *saying you can always be calling out for reinforcements while every flank is 60-40 or worse is total utter ******* move
    *its usually nobody specific fault, unless its an organized event which is rare and is a bannable offense(if i recall) not that you'll really be banned as it cannot be proven

what can you do?
    nothing, absolutely nothing
    fairy tales wont work here, its not an anime

how can we solve this?
    well this is why im making this post, we need to discuss this
    we need to find a solution so the developers could actually get our feedback on this
    because right now it might give a really bad experience for newer players in bad server times and just make them instantly quit the game, ive tried to hook up a few friends, but they all just quit as they cant even get out of the spawn tube and the only better option for them is to just say **** it, this ****** games not worth my attention, and honestly i cant blame them!

anyway, there are a few options i can see to solve this

1. health modifiers
    2.20 sec shield with a shield health modifier(2-10X) depends on the population
    3.free maxes
    4.no nanite waste
    5.iso rewards for participating in an underpopped battle
    6.overpop weapons(can only be used in overpoped bases for a limited lifetime) example: heavy damage profile guns and ohk bolt action rifles to the body etc..
    7.speed modifiers
    8.fast health and shield regen
    9.rain drops(randomized drops in the base)

just drop your opinion on the matter or any other suggestions you think might help
  2. TR5L4Y3R

nanitecost or generation -moddifiers and xp boost is the only sensible thing to add .. anything else would be TOO impactful on gameplay imo ..

things like blocking certain weapons is a very dump idea when people invest both time and money into unlocking the stuff so this is a HUGE f ck no ..
  3. Skraggz

I agree with you and I would like to agree with OP's number 9 BUT after the last spawn fiasco when you drop podded into an enemy platoon I am not sure about it.
  4. JibbaJabba

Reach chapter 6 of Sun Tzu's Art of War.

(Cringe: My god I've actually memorized the chapters, I didn't have to look that up. )

Among other things it will cover how to deal with population imbalances, and more importantly how to make the enemy do what you want them to do.

Just as a very loose generic example: You see them pushing down a lattice... go *threaten* a cutoff of that lattice back at some previous base. You are smaller than them, so will not actually accomplish it but that's irrelevant. You are provoking a response, and when they react, you leave them there holding their D cks and you instead do a counter attack at their main thrust. Might have to rinse repeat until you whittle that force down to a **locally** manageable size.

Also read up on "Defeat in Detail" and "concentration of forces"..

The 1:20 to 1:25 part is the KEY. Getting the enemy to do this part will let the rest succeed. See that chapter 6 for ideas on how to do it.
  5. JibbaJabba

LOL, OK well ignore my previous post. I misread, my bad.

I thought you were trying to discuss how PLAYERS deal with overpop and it sounds like you are proposing something NOT found in the Art of War: Whine to the devs cuz not fair.

Best of luck, and again my bad. Should have read more carefully.
  6. Demigan

As always you shouldnt focus on rewarding the players for staying in a fight they clearly dont want to be in. All you would do is make players stay when they arent enjoying themselves.

The goal is to make being outpopped just as fun as any other fight. Give players the tools to make the fight fun. Make it always possible to get out of spawns and assault important positions like the Sunderer Garage or the points. Allow them to prevent capture without having to suicide themselves against a superior position in the hopes they get through and then hold the point... somehow. For example add attrition mechanics where the defenders add a few seconds to the timer for each kill they make. Theres tons of ways it can be made more fun without encouraging people through XP carrots to stay somewhere they dont want to be.
    • Up x 2
  7. typnct

yeah, i know
    would be nice to be able to drop with some sort of temp shield or something
    but what if there is no fight you want to be in?, what if the options are either go to a bad fight, go to a really bad fight or go to a really really bad fight? ^^
    if happens
    but yeah, i know what you mean

and btw the adding more time to the timer is actually a great idea
    an area where more skilled fighters could actually contribute to an anti zerg as a tactic to hold them off until you can get a few organized squads to bash the zergs away or at least delay them