Why are some players specifically, super fast? Pretty sure it isn't a cheat.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Jun 30, 2019.

1. JibbaJabba

I took considerable time typing up a polite, reasoned, and rational explanation of what you are seeing.

Fine. L2P then. You suck and I can't help you.
  2. JibbaJabba

Network hacks are not needed for instant weapons switches.

Again, just game knowledge. Put quicknife on a middle mouse and weaponswitch on a scroll wheel. You can "flicker" through weapons such that your game model will fall behind and it will not be obvious to opposing players that you have switched to a new weapon and may be about to fire it. You don't actually get an instant weapon switch. No advantage can be gained, but you can *appear* to have an instant weapon switch and I suppose there may be some gain in that.

Healthpacks: They are always instant but slow you down when you use them. game knowledge: But not if you are airborne! A jumps is *exactly* the length of a medkit use. Exactly... if off in your jump by even a few milliseconds the slowdown effect will still kick in. Jumping in a downhill direction can be helpful as it makes the jump last longer.

Ain't got nothin' on teleportation. Pretty sure that's either packetloss or just outright cheating there.