new emp grenade effect

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VeryCoolMiller, Jul 6, 2019.

1. VeryCoolMiller

Was it really necessary ? Emp grenade was already strong... now is at the same time a white out grenade and an old emp grenade... was it necessary to buff the best grenade of the game ?
  2. Demigan

What do you mean? Does it act like a flashbang as well as EMP? I did notice more people using it and the grainy effect seemed worse but it didnt make my screen white.
  3. iller

Probably a Driver/Hardware inconsistency. The exceptionally Rare time(s?) I've been hit BY someone else's EMP (cuz I'm usually the only one tossing them out most days) ... it only seemed slightly brighter than the DX9 version to me.

They only time they're ever "overpowered" is when your enemies are stupidly standing on their own Proxymines / or C4
  4. NeuroDamage

EMP was and so a strong a grenade!(ideal)
    she's become too strong! now it removes the screen completely! and even the implant does not help !
    I demand the old EMP back !!!!
  5. Crayv

I always found it odd that it effects a humans eyes but has 0 effect on the cameras of vehicles.

Not every debuff grenade needs effect your vision. At least make it so it blinds vehicles but not infantry, give a bit less power but more utility.... which is what I suggested before they nerfed them years ago.
    • Up x 2
  6. Tumdaydar

As i see it EMP should be used to fight vehicles and gagits like turets and spoters. My question is are we useing camras on our helms to make us not see? Why we prity mutch blind when we use emp when its used on gagits in rooms or vehicles so they cant see us or use thare wepons on us easyaly?
  7. JibbaJabba

It now:
    Disables a manned engineer turret.
    Disables spitfires.
    Kills beacons.
    Kills mines.
    Does 500 damage to shields no matter how close to the blast you are!
    plus bonus: Blinds more effectively than the concussion and lasts twice as long as a flashbang.

I mean FFS DBG. This is broke man.
  8. Savadrin

Human eyes? Bruh, did you forget we're all made of nanites?
    • Up x 1
  9. Crayv

Ah yes, I have forgotten that planetmans are made of the same material they make their tanks out of.
    • Up x 1