[Suggestion] Stop the Faction flips

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by /clutch, Jun 26, 2019.

1. /clutch

Put a 32 hour timer on faction changes of character selection. Pick a side and stick with your loyalties. It gets frustrating and undesirable to play if a population flips with no severe recourse.

Personally I feel you should have to pick one faction per server. Make as many toons as you like but, you must delete all your toons from one faction to join another faction. Then place a one hour (familiarization) hold. If you are a new account and they can have a 72 hour convalescence to figure out which faction that account would prefer. Most if not all new players are referrals from friends.

That's it from
    Clutch
    (TR Emerald), and as always play and play well!
    • Up x 2
  2. Naskoni

In the beginning we could select only one faction per server and the devs were firm that it is to remain so. Then population dropped, servers merged and with only two servers per region (and some only one) the limitation was lifted.
    • Up x 1
  3. BeansOnToast

I am one who practices cross-faction perversion. I check the faction population and go for the lowest pop faction. Its more challenging, and fewer Koltyr strandings that way.
    If people are doing the opposite, and going with the crowd, then that should be discouraged. It's no fun when a faction gets overwhelming dominance and sweeps everything up without a serious battle.
    • Up x 5
  4. /clutch

Remove The lift!
  5. JibbaJabba

No. I'm sorry but you don't get to tell me how to play.

I've "finished" this game more than once. I have several maxed asp 100 characters with all implants. I've got characters on all factions, some more than one including NS Ops.

I had faction loyalty at one time but that was years ago. I'll play whichever one I choose.

If it alleviates your concerns: my choice of faction is not driven at all by alert wins. I never look at current alert status when making my choice. It's not that I don't care about alerts, it's just I'm happy to play the cards I'm dealt and win if I can.

But again, it's not your place to tell me how to play. If I have more friends on one faction than another I'll join that. Most of my friends are like minded so I'll usually find them on the lowest population faction (more people to shoot, no queues)

You'll be like me one day and possibly laugh at this post. Wait and see.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

so people leave again and we lose more servers? yea, no
    alos i alrady have all my characters on one server for ping reasons
    you are not one to decide what faction i´m gonna play ...
  7. urch

Disable faction flipping when there's an alert.
    • Up x 2
  8. JibbaJabba

No. There are times I want to switch factions during an alert. Not usually, but it happens. You can't just shut off peoples characters, dude. Do that and I'll take my ball and go home.

But again, why? You know people ain't switching just to win right? Like that doesn't work...their reward will be diminished.
    • Up x 3
  9. TRspy007

That's simply not a good solution, and it's goona create more problems than fourth-factioning so yeah, let players switch characters if they want, especially with the low server populations.
  10. FIN Faravid

I don't understand people who want to play as overpop faction... Its not fun. You also run out of enemies to shoot at.
  11. JibbaJabba

I don't understand the "idle zerg" gameplay for sure. I see why folks dig the overpop though. 0.5-1.0 KD players may struggle in a 1v1 but they can be highly effective just implementing teamplay. Their leaders are accustomed to what tools they have and will wisely attack in a way that gives them advantage. You sometimes see super high KD killers flock to the underpop on the otherside though....
  12. /clutch

This game is a squad based tactics game. NOT an idle zerg game... that is why we lost the pop. we left the niche it was supposed to be. over 300 people left in my old outfit alone because of this shift into moronic arena bull-Smedly.
    The Enclave is one example of many.
  13. iller

They can't mess with it NOW..... not after specifically adding a 4th "Race" to the game whose entire gimmick is doing exactly that and is only accessed through Deybreak BUX -- They'd get thread after thread of Pay 2 Win accusations.... not good P.R. (just ask any Archeage or BDO veteran)
  14. urch

Right, instead of locking maybe a major reward reduction instead.

So there's less incentive to go to the winning faction. Because right now the issue is people flock to the winning faction to get the rewards. If we reduce the rewards then only the people who just really wanted to play that faction would still switch.
    • Up x 2
  15. /clutch

Something has to give... I started an outfit about 3 weeks ago and since has grown by having open squads and telling people what my end goal would be. we've grown to 34. mind you I took 6 days off when I went on a vacation and did some sight seeing around the east coast. ill be back on TR Emerald tomorrow to see who stuck around and will still stay firm with my stance. I only recruit TR loyalists only and push that mindset.

NC and VS you are my target, forever and always. look for me Clutch. happy hunting mother truckers!
  16. JibbaJabba

Sorry, gotta prove your assertions. Re: "people flock to the winning faction". I do not believe this happens.

In order for this to happen people need to be able to predict the winner at the very beginning of the alert.
    Rewards are based on the time spent playing the winning faction.
    The loser still gets a substantial reward.
    If you want to switch factions to get a reward you have to do so early which means you are likely to pick wrong.
    If you switch late, you'll get less reward than you would have if you stayed full time on the losing faction.

The reward reduction you are talking about is already built into the system.
  17. JibbaJabba

Good luck getting talent. Top end players often have a "main" but they do indeed play all 4 factions. If you restrict this you'll deny yourself a substantial talent pool.

It's a game man. Stop trying to make people play the way you want.
  18. adamts01

You get many, many more implants, cosmetics, iso, certs, as well as better stats. It's lame, but statistically rewarding.

They can't limit faction swapping, not with free accounts. Plus, you don't want to keep players like myself from switching to underpop.

The real solution is providing an increasing loyaltee bonus to a character as he spends time on a specific faction. That accumulated time only lasts for 24 hours.
    • Up x 1
  19. JibbaJabba

Carrot > stick. I like it.
  20. urch

Your belief doesn't equate to facts.

Maybe in your server it doesn't happen, but in connery it certaily does. And it's really easy to predict who's going to win when one faction has +40% pop and controls over 60% of territories.

I couldn't imagine this thread and the hundreds like this ever getting posted right from the beginning if it wasn't a real problem.