[Guide] How to stop LA's from killing Sundies fast

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Demigan, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Demigan

Step 1: buy the deployment shield level 1 for 50 certs. Its specifically designed for Sundy defense when you use it as a spawn.
    Step 2: stop using other types of Sunderers unless you were using one for another purpose.
  2. FLHuk

I'd love to agree but we're only talking a few seconds difference..... :/
  3. Demigan

A few seconds? I'm assuming the AP rocklets here:

Method 1: Drop 2 C4, detonate and then "finish" with the Rocklet rifle. Means you still have to kill off a 100% sundy.
    Method 2: Drop 2 C4, destroy the shield with 2(?) rocklet rifle blasts, then fire two more blasts before detonating the C4 and finishing the Sunderer (you can also detonate the C4 after the two blasts but that means you interrupt your rocklet reload)
    Method 3: Shoot the shield till it goes away, damage the Sunderer with two Rocklet blasts, drop C4 and hope you can detonate juuust before the shield re-appears (not sure if this is still possible).

There is a huge chance you'll get found out and killed before you can finish a target in this fashion. I even no longer attack shielded sundies unless they are truly so far out and unused the next spawn will be minutes from then.
    • Up x 1
  4. FLHuk

Pretty sure we're describing the same thing in different situations. Rather than going through each one I feel we can agree that the default deployment bus, in normal spots, should be a shield bus.

Add to that, it should always be defended....

You'll more than likely find myself near it in another bus trying to keep it alive from Tinkerbells. :)
  5. Demigan

Yes the basic AMS oriented Sundy should be a shield Sundy. What I'm getting at is that I've seen a rise in video's and complaints about how deployed Sundies are so easy to destroy, yet all descriptions and video's are about non-shield Sundies. Its weird that people complain about it but make no effort to actually pick the right options for their Sundy.
    Even Blockade Armor is a wonderful solution. The first level already gives 17+% health and 25% damage reduction from C4, going up to 25% extra health and a whopping 40% damage reduction from c4.

That's not to say I'm not opposed to adding more ways to defend a Sundy without having to be nearby it. For example I would like players to be able to buy a micro-generator for resources at a Sundy. These can power things like a shield on those Sunderer Garages that prevent enemy infantry and vehicles from entering (but it doesnt stop weapons fire). This type of player-powered secondary objectives can help in making base attacks much more interesting for both attackers and defenders.
  6. iller

What kind of idiot L.A. doesn't know they have to shoot their Rockets at the Sundy first to take down the Shield's Alpha-Absorption?

It never stopped Heavies with C4... I unlocked C4 on Heavy instead of LightAssault specifically becase of this type of Sundy
  7. Demigan

The same can be said for pulling shielded Sunderers, yet here we are...
  8. Skraggz

Shield doesn't 100% shut me down but it gives alot of time, almost enough to respawn at your sundy and kill me
  9. Liewec123

Also engies, drop spitfires by the bus!
    (Unless it's a cloaked bus, then put spitfires somewhere nearby
    that can provide cover for the bus without giving away it's position) :-3

Second tip, if you are deploying a cloak sundy, LOCK IT.
    The biggest threat to your sundy is some silly ally hopping in and firing at tanks and air!
    Uncloaking it and letting all enemies know where it is!
    • Up x 3
  10. Pelojian

the best way to stop a shield sundie from being destoryed quickly is to deploy a spitfire and man a sundie kobalt.

spitfire will warn of enemies better then a motion spotter (due to implant immunity) and you can cut them down quickly by pretending to be AFK and only moving/opening up with the kobalt when they have no where to take cover.

you'd be surprised at how many are fooled when a manned sundie doesn't react to their presence when one of the guns is manned and roughly pointed in their general direction.
    • Up x 1
  11. typnct

if i want a sundy ded ill just get a sucide harraser
    step 1: get a high dmg profile wep
    step 2:shoot all the mags you can dump
    step 3/4: is it smoking? bail. is the harraser smoking? bail
    step 5: if the harraser isnt smoking, finish it off, if you are outside the vehicle, c4+rocklets
    step 6:boom

method 2: commercial secret(i really cant tell you sry)

method 3: 2 light assaults with av rocklets

method 4:1 engineer with all the anti vehicle mines you need+commercial secret(cant tell ya sorry)

in the end, if i want a sundy ded, then its ded
  12. Zizoubaba

The thing about c4ing first is that it alerts the sundy owner that his or her sundy is under attack.

Not so long ago, sundy owners would also get a message as soon as the sundy was damaged.

In any case, if you damage the shield before c4, it'll buy you some time.

_____

But this thread was titled "how to stop LA from kiling sundy" and that's easy, if it's just one LA :

1. as soon as you hear the rockets or the c4, redeploy / run back to sundy
    2. spawn as engineer and start repairing

win.
  13. pnkdth

I'd rather they look into making the Rocklet Rifle the primary (and only) way for LA AV gameplay and remove C4 from the class entirely. Naturally it would need to be tweaked and please do not take these suggestions as they exist in a vacuum.
    • Archer-style option, like the Rocklet being a smaller rocket launcher have it function differently like a slow firing semi-auto version. Possible a massive COF increase unless you carefully manage your fire discipline.
    • Buffed Rocklet AV in terms of damage and ammo pool.
    • Slow burn AV grenade (damage over time and stops cloak/auto-repair).
    • Innate safe fall mechanics and/or extra run speed.
    Point is, I rather see class specific tools to stand out more than being a one-trick pony and it just isn't fun in a vehicle to be blown up by a tiny target far above you can't really take out.
  14. topgunsmurf

Lol Ask ONNU nice not to do it ... NO SUNDY IS SAFE ON COBALT FROM US!!! MOOOMOOO!
  15. Demigan

While I like such a redesign it cant happen until the balance between vehicles and infantry is fixed. As it is vehicles can escape or kill almost all infantry AV with the exception of thigs that OHK it. This means c4 and mines. And while c4 at least takes skill and risk, AV mines have scored almost as good as c4 against vehicles but because its vehicle users that use them the most there isnt a complaint against a lower skill lower risk weapon than c4...

That said, if infantry vs vehicle balance was better this could happen. I would keep something for the LA to throw though, like bricks that cause a vehicle to move as if it's burning until you use small-arms to shoot the brick off.

If you have nothing constructive to say then dont say anything at all Majornope.