[Vehicle] The harasser imbalance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Comptonunhh, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Comptonunhh

Or we could BALANCE the game, theres always that idea.
    • Up x 1
  2. Savadrin

Have you offered a balance proposal anywhere in this thread?
  3. Demigan

Other people have and its not really hard to think of them.

For example: Vulcan is superior because of it's ease of use combined with firepower. So you can reward the lower ease of use with more firepower and increase this in increments until the weapons all get similar results but in different ways.

Another suggestion was to make the weapons easier to use. Someone suggested for example increasing the projectile velocity and reducing projectile drop.

Take it from there, unless ofcourse you want to keep stalling and asking for the easily answered questions somehow in the hopes to keep your Vulcan superiority.
  4. Comptonunhh

Yes, i did, did you read the thread? I suggest flattening the trajectory of the mjolnir, removing the delay between bursts and making it a constant fire weapon, and adjusting the damage output from there to find balance, fix the delivery method, THEN adjust damage for balance.
    • Up x 1
  5. Savadrin

Tsk tsk, assumptions always lead you down the wrong path at some point. I have been playing NC exclusively since my earlier post stating that I would, as NC tends to have the loudest whiners. We're going to move to VS after I finish certing the weapons and my gunner (who is literally learning to play PS2 while he guns for me) gets more in tune. Then we'll start the round robin.

We have been competing just fine with an uncerted boombox/enforcer, and I JUST finished certing Turbo and Stealth on the jeep itself yesterday. I think the boombox now is at 15% reload, and the enforcer has level 1 or 2 reload but it's not finished for sure.

Is the Vulcan fun and straight up EZ mode? Yep. It's also boring as ****. But the Trashkeeper/fracture or whatever they're calling it right now is bad enough that nobody will bother putting it on a harasser. You can't kill from range and you can't kill up close. The Halberd is categorically better at ranged AV and for infantry by 75 miles. So what do you expect TR to put on a jeep? There is a REASON that it's all Vulcan, all the time, and it isn't SOLELY because all of the 65 IQ gunners out there can use it within 1 minute of first pull.

We died yesterday to a pair of Vulcan harassers who were camping the vehicle spawn on Amerish. A bunch of times. I got them with mines by capitalizing on their greed, and eventually they ****** off, but yeah it's hard to pull from a spawn with two dakka machines waiting on you. Did we end up killing their sundy and sending the Vulcans off to look for easier meat? Yes, and Yes. Someone actually sent me a message on my NC character whining about how OP the Vulcan is. Are you guys serious?

What was the excuse when my experienced Halberd gunner killed two Vanguards, a jeep and a flash (lol) versus ONLY US in the same engagement last week? Halberd OP please nerf?

I don't give a **** about the Vulcan. I'm no longer a dyed in the wool faction fanboy, cough cough. What peeves me is bads who can't even be bothered to attempt to rise to a challenge or play the underdog. I'm using the worst weapon in all the land right now, boohoo, and we have been doing ok. Most of our deaths are due to me not giving a **** about proper positioning (large scale) while I try to get my brand new gunner his time on target (small scale) so he understands what he is using and its limitations.

He LOVES the boombox. He also likes the Enforcer. Still hasn't gotten the halberd drop down perfect yet. He also likes the challenge of using the weapons with a skill requirement.

Lastly, the velocity and drop on the Mjolnir are nowhere near as bad as you guys have been making it out to be. I got that thing thinking I would use it and feel like it was a bulldog, and I was surprised how good it felt after having been expecting something awful. Anyway. We will keep on moving along with the poor NC Tiny Tim arsenal, like the Phoenix.

If you were paying attention, the Mjolnir had its velocity nerfed relatively recently, and why? It was the destroyer of worlds, or did you forget that while running dual slug max and huehuehueing?

The Vulcan is currently the apex predator in close-range fights. But something always will be, and it's going to tend to be the low skill weapon because we are dealing with low skill players when you're getting into "average performance" to justify victory as a stat champion. I hope the Mjolnir gets a buff. When that happens I will actually have one that is certed and it will make life just a little easier for us to clown on scrubs.

****. I'm going to buy the Canister-H tonight and see how awful that really is, since I've never used it but all I hear is the same old same about it.
  6. Savadrin

OK. So then log out, go to character select screen, choose Red Team, and then hit "Create Character" because you're essentially asking them to make the boombox into..... a Vulcan.

You guys are ******* mental.
  7. Comptonunhh

No, we're asking for BALANCE, please see your way out of my thread with your hyperbole and incessant shilling for your main faction, none of your anecdotal "i tried it and it was fine" stories mean a thing in the face of raw data, its not fine, its never been fine, and balance is needed, get over it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Demigan

Savadrin, it's not about what you can achieve. This is about what the average person can and will achieve. We look at stats that clump everyone together, from the biggest noob to the best player. And while differences should be allowed the difference between the Vulcan and it's counterparts is absolutely massive.

Let's use an analogy here. The Vulcan is a Medic with an Assault Rifle. The other two weapons are Engineers with pistols. It is definitely possible to win the engagement as Engineer but the fight is heavily slated in favor of the Medic who has an easier time making use of his tools and abilities. It doesn't matter that the Engineer has a chance if he's skilled, it only matters that the Medic is much more likely to win the engagement due to a far easier and stronger weapon.

So stop going "oh but I've had <situation> and therefore your argument is invalid!". It makes it look like you are going to throw a tantrum if you don't get your way.

Also since you are proclaiming you are oh so good, why don't you post your characters? The NC character you listed has no kills with the Mjolnir and the guy I saw in one of your video's has only 4 hours on the Mjolnir and lower stats than the averages listed on Dasanfall, the character is so new that it's not even listed yet. (it is on Fisu).

And I just checked your TR character, it scores solid D*'s on Dasanfall for you (which is friendly because your KPH and VKPH scores are half of the average player and your KDR is less than 1/3rd), meaning you are scoring well below average. So basically your story of annihilating multiple enemies with a Halberd is very likely a lie, or you just got lucky this one time. This is compounded by the fact that on average you shoot 22 shots for a single kill on your Halberd-H. So stop coming with your bullcrap stories.

Also it's so much fun to see that the Vulcan is so extremely easy to use, that even you with your below average abilities on the Halberd-H can still use it like the average person can. I think that's just it isn't it? You need a weapon that is so easy to use to feel a semblance of power?
  9. oberchingus

You and your buddy will like it. Since you're not status quo players.
  10. InexoraVC

I seriously think that the best balance solution is to allow "all factions can use this weapon" for all harasser's veapons.
    So if any faction Harassers can be equipped with Vulcan/Mjolnir/Aphelion etc - that would be absolutely balanced solution.
    Thank you
  11. Savadrin

It's easy to understand why you are so disliked on the forums, lol.

At any rate - I drive the harasser +90% of the time I am in one. Are you actually simple enough not to realize that my top gunner's stats don't transfer to my character? Don't answer that, it's irrelevant. Your spelling and typos have been getting progressively worse lately, is your comprehension also slipping - when I wrote that my gunner got the Halberd kills? Don't answer that either, no need.

One more rhetorical for you: Did you miss all the points where I said "My buddy is learning to play PS2 and I've put him in the boombox" - the idiocy in you bringing up that he has 4 hours in it and below average accuracy makes me chuckle. No **** stupid, I literally just told you that he is brand new and learning the game while using this sadly awfully underpowered weapon.

How much time do you have in the Halberd yourself? I'm not going to waste the time to look up your stats (which are probably **** as well) but you must either 1) not have much time on it OR 2) you do a lot of infantry farming with armor (wouldn't surprise me).

Sure, the Halberd is OHK on infantry. You have any idea how many shots it takes to kill a pair of rep sundies? Or a good harasser crew? A Vanguard with shield, with a rep sundy crammed up it's ***? Deploy shield?

It's hilarious because you bring my ****** stats here to attempt to insult me, but you have no idea how much we meme, how often we are plinking at Gals and Libs with the Halberd (or any weapon) just for shiggles, trying to shoot down ESFs, kill construction items, etc.

We play this game for the laughs, and to clown on ****ters like you. Bringing up KD in planetside is the oldest and dumbest trope left in existence, but I'm not surprised you resorted to it. You're a spreadsheet and forum warrior, and you obviously take this game seriously enough to think it matters. I find that amusing.

Take your vitamins so that you can regrow another brain cell in order to have two to rub together and eke out a thought that makes sense. Maybe we will come visit you on Miller, unless you have some characters on mEmerald that you'd like to post so I can look for you on the field, and toss an ammo pack on the wreckage of you that we leave behind.

Whichever faction you like, if you actually have any toons that aren't NC. You can even pick my faction and weapon loadout for my gunner. See you then.
  12. Savadrin

Bruh you weren't lying. First pull on that thing completely uncerted he went on a 20 streak, I was on my fourth martini already and we laughed and laughed. Good ****, I need to let him try the marauder.
  13. Demigan

Ouch, just the fact that you think "meming" is an act in a game...

For you short and simple:
    I was stooping to your level to show how your stories are likely bullcrap.
    And as mentioned only a few dozen times already, your individual fail or success rate is irrelevant to this discussion.

As for "so many dislike me". This is a forum, if I say "red apples are the best" there is someone going to be disagreeing with that, and it takes only two people to disagree with me for confirmation bias to kick in and say "so many people dislike him"

The difference is that I give reasons. "Red apples are the best because they have the least pesticides when you eat them and the most nutrients". At that point someone like you comes in and says "but I had a friend taste these apples with me and the blue and purple one's a tasty too!". But taste is subjective and not the point. Even if you do find a few blue and purple apples with lots of nutrients and low pesticide content they are the exceptions and not the rule.

So please keep all your insults to yourself. I didnt insult you by bringing up your and your friend's stats, I pointed out the flaws in your imaginary stories.
  14. Savadrin

Do you suppose that everyone is dumb enough to believe your horse****? Your weak *** passive aggressive insulting method isn't new or inventive. Neither is your high-horse white knighting bro.

Sure, you do your research, and you often bring up solid points based on fact. But one has nothing to do with the other, and it doesn't negate your pedantic approach to everything, including your lame jabs.

I'm waiting to see if you'd like to use the mechanics of PlanetSide to have some fun. Perhaps if you tape enough pages of stats on your Vannie it will help you survive (if your shield is also up when we find you).
  15. LordKrelas

It is not fun, to literally need to put more effort in, more time in, and more work in, to achieve the same results as your opponent, due to a Faction weapon.
    It's like one is a Long-range sniper, and the other is a close-range brawler either.

Joy-Rides for a day, don't allow you to actually tell if it's balanced either.
    You could've Joy-ridded the Canis, and felt it was fine on the release-data, tons of VS did, while popping heads with missed-shots.
    Could've tried it afterwards, and not noticed It went a bit subpart, when it lacks that head-shot multiplier.
    Could've tried it one day, when you had the luckiest streak , or the worst streak.
    As it's one-time affair, not a general experience, not even a baseline experience.

It's an isolated usage of one, completely vulnerable to flukes.
    Akin to firing the Vanguard's cannon into the sky once, and calling it viable-anti-air.

The Vulcan is easy to use, and does the job quite brutally well:
    And that was AV, but it works well enough against most ground targets.
    The Alp is following around it, on a similar principle.
    The Mjnor\Boombox is not: It's an arcing-fire weapon, that is close-range, and ineffective against infantry.

It also requires the most work, to land the shots, it is not user-friendly, It also requires the Harasser to get even closer to target.
    And your reward for getting close as possible, and man-handling the hell out of it, is barely close to what an Vulcan can manage if used properly.
    Your opponent can move their vehicle, Not let themselves park inside the Mj's perfect-firing distance, the terrain can interfere.
    Your Gunner, needs to be skilled to get the actual output you need, and the Driver of the harasser also has to understand the weapon.. Otherwise, an equally skilled set of Driver & Gunner on the Vulcan, is out-classing.
    An inferior-skilled Gunner, can still manage to deal effective damage with the Vulcan.
    An inferior-skilled MJ Gunner, is reliant on the driver, to get even close to working.

Why exactly, is it, that other weapons are fine? If they don't come close to the Vulcan?
    TR is not in a bad-spot.
    They have tons of firepower, They aren't losing constantly.
    NC is getting annoyed, as NC is actually still losing consistently, NC's end of the new faction gear has ranked low.
    NC's equipment is very often "Skilled-usage required", on dozens of weapons, Which puts NC, unless their average skill level is Higher than VS or TR (it isn't), at a severe disadvantage, as Equipment was set-up as balanced around the average.
    And if the average can't use it effectively, for one-side, That means, if the other weapons are able used by the average player effectively, The first side is In a grave-already, while the 2nd-side is ahead.

TR isn't being shafted, when NC is not for once being shafted.
  16. Pacster3

Both TR and NC have their op stuff. The I-win shield of the vanguard, the airhammer...striker, vulcan, banshee....the main cannons of their MBTs. I don't see anything like that on VS at the moment. Some say the Saron on magrider is the best secondary...but that is a secondary and more than balanced out by how crap the mandatory main cannon is. Some claim that lancer is op...but I say: If it's op it is being used(that counts for ALL of the stuff above) and abused...the lancer is not being used.
  17. LordKrelas

My post wasn't in the slightest about VS.
    It was about the Harasser weapons: Specifically Vulcan, & MJ. Barely even mentioned the Alp.
    The Vanguard-Cannon, is not winning the race in tank-cannons.

If the Vanguard-shield, with all the requirements, is OP..
    Then Saron certainly is OP, given the Vanguard is easily screwed without the shield.
    VS has won nearly every new ES Weapon for infantry, and that is modern time.

Lancer used to erase tanks at render-range in groups.
    VS obsessed over stripping the NC's Phoenix, when it could actually dent a tank.

My post was not even about VS.
    We can go there, I'm gonna mention their gear, and It's gonna be a lot "I have no need for Engineers", and a lot of "AV", to the lot of "NC gets a trait, VS gets it afterwards on easier-to-get-gear"

This was about TR effectiveness, and NC gear.
    The only damn reason the Canis came up, was it was an Apparent case of "OP Trait", that the weapon relied on.
    And the aftermath of fixing that, Left it a wreck.

VS has their own OP gear.
    VS is not behind on wins either, They're not behind in AV, AI, and have the largest trait list.
    Near any special trick in this game, VS has a clone of it, or the only copy of it nearly.
    And my post, Was about TR & NC, not VS.
    Christ.