Thumper suggestion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by pnut, Jun 28, 2019.

1. pnut

Hi,

Can you include an ammunition type or make it a firing mode to have it so that the grenades will have a couple of bounces before exploding OR explode after 5 seconds.
  2. FateJH

PlanetSide Classic's Thumper already did this. How could you tolerate losing such basic features, I don't know.
  3. Demigan

More thumper suggestions:

Make it replace the equipmentslot instead of the primary. Heavies replace their rocketlauncher, LA's their rocklet rifle, Engineers their turret etc. Yes make other classes able to use it too.
    Alternative: make it a utility slot where you pay an amount of resources for each grenade, but the power and versatility of each grenade would be higher.

Make it able to deal damage to vehicles. Its pathetic enough that it cant even deal damage to Flashes, Harassers and Valkyries that can be damaged by a pistol. Make it able to deal some damage against armored vehicles as well. Make it deal say 1.5 dumbfire damage per magazine, that should be fair for its short range and exposure time.
    • Up x 4
  4. Scrundle

Everyone having a thumper is why planetside 2 tested with a single grenade each and no intention of increasing explosive spam from there, they were terrified of simply porting over the explosion spam right away.
    I'd be very scared of giving the thumper to all classes AND buffing it, I still have PTSD nightmares of towerfights.

(Though if they wanted to bring the radiator back with a focus on its unique AV possibilities then i'd be fine with that) *Totally not bias*
  5. TR5L4Y3R

thumper should be able to damage at least light vehicles ... i would go as far and not only put it on the heavies launcherslot (to whichit then should damage heavy armor too) but give it as a primary option to the combatmedic ...
  6. AgentRed

Another thing they need to change is FF damage and weapons locking with it. From what I noticed is some slightly goes through your model will cause the ammo to explode causing FF damage and weapon locking XD
  7. Scrundle

It'd be nice if the splash damage, particularly the burn, actually contributed towards assists correctly (Most of the time it doesn't, doesn't even register as a HIT but I see the dude on fire) and it rewarded destruction of deployables correctly. If the disruptor shell pops a deployable that rewards you but if the fire ticks it to death that often doesn't. It's a very minor issue for sure but it'd still be nice to see this fixed.