Infiltrators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by buggygame, Jun 27, 2019.

1. buggygame

One hit kill at long range, medium range and short range. (Plus two hit kill pistol.).
    With nanoweave cloak about as much resistance as a heavy.
    Much faster movement.
    Cloak – one lasts forever.
    And now, after the 26 June patch, completely ******* invisible.

Balance.
  2. ObiVanuKenobi

Whenever i think something is OP i try it myself.
    Almost always i find out that i'm wrong and was simply having a bad session in general.
    You should do it too.
    Getting those headshots isn't as easy as you might think, you need good aim.

Infiltrator has the same movement speed as all other classes. If you mean nano armor cloak vs heavy shield then you can shoot with the shield on but not with cloak so there's that.

The invisible cloak is a bug that affects only low graphics settings and will be fixed. It was already fixed actually but that bug came back in last patch.
    • Up x 2
  3. TR5L4Y3R

4. JibbaJabba

Yeah, they are basically invisible now. Broken again. *sigh*
  5. buggygame

Fair point.

Certainly a very bad day. In some case I was literally almost stood on top of them.

I will save up for the one-hit knife (which is stupid anyway) and try.

With a heavy shield on it sure feel as if the infils move faster at close range or when running away, then activate cloak and disappear completely.

Cloak on. Line-up commi or blackhandle for first head-shot. Second body shot. Dead. Similarly with the crossbow thing.
    At low population, say 1v1 on a point, very little risk to the infil.

I am on low settings. Hopefully it will be fixed. Are you saying you can see them on higher settings – as you could before the DX11 patch?

On a related point, playing ring-a-roses with one as they continually flip points is also tedious. Although can be ‘profitable’.
  6. Skraggz

-Rifle Is an actual argument point, The rest can be equipped on all other classes. 2 hit kill pistols can be equipped on heavy just the same.

-Nanoweave only works when In cloak, are the infils "one hitting" you or not? They also get like 100 life for it passively.

-Faster movement if they equip Adrenaline Pump, which means they give up the 20% resistance from Nanoweave.

-Stalker lasts forever, but is it Nanoweave the "tanky cloak" that bothers you or the stalker which gives up Main slot...?

-Completely invisible is a bug, not intended, has nothing to do with balance itself.
    • Up x 1
  7. That_One_Kane_Guy

Bolt action rifles have a cap on their maximum OHK range, something unheard of in most shooters. Player health and movement speed plus low muzzle velocity means the practical maximum engagement range is even less than this and often well within the effective range of most infantry weapons. On top of this having 50% accuracy with a bolt action rifle in this game places you in the top 10-15% of players, meaning that OHK doesn't come as often as you think.

Any class can equip the Commie. Ironically it is only a 2HK against Infiltrators. Other classes take 3 shots unless you hit the head. To put this in context for you 3 bodyshots with the Commie is less DPS than the Archer. Pistols are backup weapons for a reason.

The NAC is purely for running away, it has no direct combat utility like the overshields do. The only benefit to combat is the passive +100 health, for which you give up ~30-40% of your class ability.

Unless you're talking Adrenaline pump which any class can use, they have the same speed as everyone else and are arguably slower than Light Assault. The only class that is slower than the others is the Heavy with OS deployed (or the MAX if you want to count that as infantry), and if you're chasing after people with your shield still up you're doing it wrong.

And limits the user to the pistols we have already established to be less effective than a primary.

A bug is not imbalance, it is a bug. Prior to this patch a different bug made infiltrators visible from ~20-30m away. Apparently cloaking mechanics and DX11 don't get along.

I can agree that the cloak in DX11 is still a seesaw-ing problem child that needs fixing, and that motion dart spam is still ridiculous, but your other points are either misinformed or just plain wrong.
  8. Hegeteus

One thing everyone neglects to think about is the fact that infiltrator has no business in the pressure cauldron called the objective room. With sunderers providing quick access on objectives, there's really no need to goof around aimlessly without cover and wait for the ding on your head. Just advance with a body of heavies and medics until you reach the objective while looking out for your teammates. Suffering a statistically rare type of death once or twice in a fight is insignificant.
  9. Savadrin

In the interest of fairness, the Blackhand is a double headshot kill in mostly every instance. They did stealth nerf the accuracy years and years ago, I guess 300m double taps with a pistol were OP. But, 4 round mag and long reload.
  10. buggygame

(450 x 2) + (450) ?

1 head + 1 body shot

Works in VR
  11. petrosstorm1

I second this reply as a long time infiltrator, maining stalker at close range and medium range bolt action. It's harder than it looks and you should quit being a crybaby OP :p
  12. Eternaloptimist

• Nano cloak for extra 100hp is short duration
    • Stalker cloak only allows use of a pistol
    • Infils are no faster than any other class unless you equip something like adrenaline pump or movement implant (foregoing something else)
    • No anti vehicle capability
    The Blackhand only does 450 dmg at max damage tier (close range). Fine if you can get close enough without giving yourself away and hit twice with two shots (half your mag). But the real advantage of it is the long range. Still only requires two headshots though.
    I think what actually bugs many people about infils is that they are generally not sluggers who are mixing it with the rest of the shooters in close assaults. They tend to be a bit isolated and so they need to ambush you if they want to get the kill. And no one likes to be ambushed.