Thumper seems dorky

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jun 26, 2019.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I am kind of glad the weapon is underpowered, it’s no where close to the original version but I guess you have to start somewhere.

I don’t know if it’s worth giving up a primary slot for a lightmachinegun, submachinegun, battlerifle or shotgun.

ASP users will be disappointed you can’t secondary slot it as heavy weapon.

It seems like a complete support weapon, not a game changer. I bought it with certification points, I certainly won’t open up the wallet and station cash it.
  2. JibbaJabba

Thanks for saving me $$$. 'preciate ya.
  3. JibbaJabba

Wait, just got word. The Thumper not working on an ASP is a BUG. They are going to get that fixed.

Wrel just confirmed shortly ago.
  4. Moggram

It feels off... IMO you are better off using the X-bow as a grenade launcher then this thing.
  5. Moggram

hmmm... ok, what is it supposed to do?
  6. Cyropaedia

Is it true that the devs want to remove Lasher, Minigun, and Jackhammer with the Thumper as the replacement? (I heard it over chat).
  7. JibbaJabba

The Thumper is a "heavy weapon". There is an ASP skill that allows "heavy weapon" to be carried as a secondary slot. Today it's broken and the thumper cannot be equipped as a secondary.

Wrel confirmed "thanks we'll get in a fix for this".

So BR 100 + heavies may elect an option to carry the Thumper as a secondary, not just a primary.
  8. JibbaJabba

No. Stop chatting with morons. :p
    • Up x 2
  9. Cyropaedia

Whew. :oops: Sometimes I think the devs are insane enough to do stuff like that (hence credence to rumors). I mean each faction can complain about the other heavy guns (e.g. Jackhammer = OHK, Minigun = High sustained DPS, Lasher = Hitscan AOE).
    • Up x 1
  10. Campagne

I think it does seem fairly decent as a secondary weapon to those lucky ASPers, once it's fixed.

It shouldn't be a very powerful weapon on its own though, I think.
  11. Scrundle

That's interesting, Thumper ASP availability was broken on the reveal stream and Wrel said it'd be fixed then. Must have slipped their attention with all the other stuff going on.
  12. Dargadon

I guess we found the reasons for today server crashes - they're so ashamed of Thumper they commiting sudoku.
  13. TR5L4Y3R

so first impressions from the thumper VRwise ... i "guess" it´s serviceable .. but it´s not like super impressive ... it´s .. ok-ish ..
    i would not call it a noobtube though cause you need at the very least 2 direct hits to the upper body to kill a planetman (3 dirct his when hitting the upper legarea)
    out of the ammotypes i think incendiary might be the most usefull for supression ...
    imo they definetively should allow it to damage light armor ...
    ammo is a bit limited so you may wanna hug an engineer IF you want to use this weapon (neither ammobelt nor ammopouch gives extrarounds which is weird to say the least)
    but i feel it needs a bit tweaking to not just be like a superniche primary ....
    at least it has some range (but not THAT much) over the explosive bolt crossbow i give it that ...
  14. Clipped!

Utter garbage of a gun, might as well be a slightly better candycannon.
  15. vonRichtschuetz

No but as far as I remember they want to change the HA directive from "kills with lasher/chaingun/jackhammer" to "damage dealt with heavy weapons" or something.
  16. HelioUSP

Well, I always thought there wasn't quite enough explosive spam in PS2.

Thanks for fixing that DBG!

Unfortunately, there's no "dripping with sarcasm" font.
  17. Somentine

Thank god it's trash. AOE spam is already obnoxious as hell.
    • Up x 1
  18. Nakor

Other than farming corners/hallways in biolabs I don't see this being useful for **** other than advertising your position and the fact that all you've really got is a sidearm. I guess you could take a pair of infils off to the side to hide in the bush with you and start spamming this thing to see how many light assaults you could attract lol.
  19. OneShadowWarrior

In spite of several buffs on the Thumper it’s still junk. 4-5 guys spammed me in a doorway in a bio lab and I killed all of them with a EM6 LMG.

Not a game changer for a heavy weapon, still needs more work.
  20. Campagne

The buffs made it a bit more viable, but I hope it remains as a relatively underused weapon simply because I don't really enjoy playing with one in the area. About half of my deaths from the thing so far have come from allies.

Well to be fair they were probably just having a bad day.

If even half the grenades landed near you it'd take only about two volleys to kill with splash, which obviously could happen much faster than killing 4-5 heavies with even a decent gun like the EM6.
    • Up x 1