[Suggestion] Bounty Hunting Change

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

I have just thought of something that could give Infiltrators more to do. Y'know how in movies, a bounty hunter is a dude in a suit, finds his target, camps in a building, and snipes him when the time is right? What if it was the same in Planetside 2, minus the suit, the building, and camping? What if there was a list of all the active bounties, and it shows the names of the players who have bounties on them, their last known locations, and their reward? What if only Infiltrators can accept bounties, but it is deactivated if they have SMGs on them? What if, after a certain amount of time, the bounties time out, and the reward is repayed back to the person who put the bounty on them and the person who is being hunted gets a little reward for surviving players who accepted their bounty? What if players who killed a bounty hunter that was in the hex or within 400m of the players they were hunting were rewarded too? What if Infiltrators who are within your squad who helped you take down the hunted player get a percentage of the reward based on how much they helped?

If all of this goes into play, it doesn't really do anything for the battle, but people who get a bounty on them are usually extreme targets. If only Infiltrators who have accepted the bounty get the reward, it adds incentive for those threats to be taken down. You know those annoying people in Liberators? What if you just had a squad of Infiltrators who had data on their last known whereabouts, and they just had a Wraith Flash squad with Basilks on them to take down that Lib for a reward?

My idea basically stems from the fact that people complain about Sniper Infiltrators. By doing this, it takes them away from the circumstance where people complain about them. I don't really have all the details straightened out, but if you want to add suggestions or give your 2 cents, then I'm open to that.
    • Up x 1
  2. AllRoundGoodGuy

I've always thought that bounties should be auto-placed. If someone gets like a 5 killstreak or x amount of xp then a bounty could be generated on them. It could to know who you should target in a fight.
    • Up x 4
  3. Scroffel5

Thats a good idea!
    • Up x 1
  4. Tragabuches

5. TRspy007

Why not just remove infils or make nanoeve apply to the whole body, including the head like it used to way back. I don't enjoy the fact that many people play the game and try to develop their skills, go on killstreaks and all just to be sniped by a mindless infil miles away from the fight. Its not really fun on either end, being sniped by something you can't see or kill at that range while you're trying to enjoy your fight, or sniping someone from miles away knowing they didn't stand a chance. Also the fact that the sniper rifles are 2 shot kills even when not aiming for the head is ridiculous. INFILS MUST BE STOPPED!
    • Up x 1
  6. iller

I don't like that idea at all b/c it will also be applied to that Phaseshift or Railjack user 300m from the closest fight who took 5 minutes or more just to get 5 kills or in some cases he was ONLY aiming at key support targets and wasn't even going for headshots or frags. It should be based exclusively on a player's averaged Accuracy in the past 5 minutes and their KPM
  7. Heini

Infiltrators need less things and not more. They already have too much and are too good and just bad for gameplay. Also I don't see how Infiltrators hunting you even more would make them less hateable. Especially if they do what you suggested and hunt Liberators with Wraith Flashes and Basilisks.
  8. Gibber

There's plenty of stuff for the Infil to do when they get off the hilltop. Unless they target beacons.... or hunt Sunderers... ... or take out turrets....or spot for those on the objective... or take out Mending Fields...
  9. AllRoundGoodGuy

You wouldn't want anyone to get bonus xp for taking out that piece of trash?
  10. Scroffel5

Dude, I was gonna reply something similar to this yesterday, but instead I just went to sleep.

Iller, wouldn't everyone like that? People have been complaining, as you well know, about Infiltrators in that "rebalance Infiltrators" thread, and I have been defending them. They are saying that Infiltrators kill too well. What if, you wanted to kill infiltrators and the game gave you incentive to do so? If bounties were autoplaced, supposedly more Infiltrators will have bounties on them and you will get large rewards for your kills. Imagine getting a cert or two for killing players with bounties, maybe more. Would that not benefit the game? I'd like to hear it from your point of view.

I was just giving that as an example. No one has incentive to do that normally, but if they have a bounty on them, that gives incentive for players to work together and shoot a Liberator or Galaxy down.

If players complain about Infiltrators having no use to the battle except for racking up kills, taking Infiltrators away from the situation where they most do that would help. They would have to focus on a single target, or else risk being caught when they go for multiples. I am thinking that if you die to the person who you are hunting, you will lose out on your bounty hunter contract, and you can't accept it. Y'know what that means? One life-ish to do it. You can die to anyone else, but you can't die to the person you are hunting. However, if you do die to someone else, you probably can't get back to your spot in time to find the person with the bounty.

People have long been complaining about things for Infiltrators to do. I know they have a lot of opportunities open to them, but a lot of those things players wouldn't think about. They could target beacons, especially if they have EMP grenades. They could hunt sunderers, get close to them, and get someone over there to blow it up. They can hack turrets and use them against the enemy. They can spot for those on the objective, and Motion Detection helps with that. They can take out Mending fields. The thing is, any class can do those, which means that it isn't very special. If you want to take the more useful Sniper Infiltrators out of the battle, why not give them somewhere to go?
  11. Savadrin

This is literally why snipers exist. And they do exist.

This is the purpose of snipers, to take out key support targets. Thus was born counter-sniping, a long time ago.
  12. Scroffel5

Thank you. People complain about snipers doing what snipers do. They snipe. Real life isn't balanced. You may get sniped by someone and you wouldn't have stood a chance unless they missed. Same in Planetside 2. You probably don't stand a chance unless they miss or unless you see them first. Infiltrators do what Infiltrators were made to do, and yet these people complain. Its really sad. Just don't run in a straight line, don't stand still, and don't get shot.
  13. Heini

You and basically everyone always mixes things up.
    This is a game. It's not real life, nor will it ever be that. Stop comparing these two. You need game balance, fun and other factors in a game and Infiltrators ruin all of that but of course many people want to play this cowardly way and will always complain until they get their stuff. It's just frustrating how such a group of people can simply come along and make the game experience worse for everyone else, including their own team, just because they don't want to die and have all the overpowered stuff. And yes, 0ms Time-To-Kill at any range, invisibility, basically wallhack, "killing" vehicles before they even spawn or hacking turrets and other stuff, ultra nano weave (Nano Armor Cloak + Nano Weave = 55% small arms resistance, survives even bolt headshot), EMP grenades that destroy shields at any range inside the explosion and extremely short fuse, all of this in one package is extremely overpowered. Also sniping in this game is way too easy and you can easily hit moving targets in the head one after the other while staying way out of reach of everyone else and they only have to deal with the occasional enemy that had enough and goes after them as most will simply ignore them. Infiltrators are just so wrong on so many levels and so many people always complain yet only buffs come to Infiltrators and the devs gladly listen to what they have to say and ignore the around 80% of people that have some common sense.
    It's just sad and drives the community apart and destroys the fun in this game.
  14. Savadrin

It's funny, in the midst of your white knighting over the evil infiltrator, you fail to see how poisonous it is that you think only the playstyle you like is acceptable.
  15. TRspy007

Yeah good thing this isn't real life and we don't want that kind of boring gameplay here.:)
  16. Savadrin

IMO knowing that there's ALWAYS some ****ter on the hillside makes it a bit more exhilarating. I also take great pleasure in getting out my stalker and using the OHK knife to kill the sniper for maximum disrespect.
  17. Twin Suns

That moment you realize the "Bounty Hunter" title is a joke. A certain amount of bounties with each weapon class?

That's like saying you are a race car driver because you worked in every position on the pit crew. LMAO

Never mind that most of us have over several thousand bounties claimed using only one or two weapons.
  18. Scroffel5

I am not confusing a game for real life. I am making a comparison because it furthers my point. Real life isn't balanced, but the PS2 Devs work to make this game that way. What I am saying is that snipers are in a good place. A sniper is a high damage, high bullet velocity, low bullets per mag, heavy, accurate kind of weapon. It can be Auto or Semi auto. Let's start with semi auto snipers. Do you really see people complaining about those? I know I haven't. They are fine with it because you won't be downed in one hit. Well, if you want to make another sniper that has higher damage, you have to change some things. To up the damage, you would have to lower the fire rate. That is what they did. You want it to be so much damage that it can one hit headshot? You are gonna have to also lower the mag size. You are gonna do all of these things? Better make it a bolt action, or else its gonna be unbalanced.

Now, imagine for a second that the snipers didn't one hit headshot. What, then, is the incentive to use it? It is then just a semi auto sniper with higher damage and a slower firerate and mag size. They wouldn't be used, because the semi auto sniper would be a better weapon. You say "0ms Time-To-Kill at any range". That is true, however the close you get with a sniper, the harder it gets to score the kill. That also nerfs the weapon a bit. You can't use it effectively in close range. You could use it effectively if you lowered the rechamber time and gave it a lower magnification, but then lower the base damage. OH WAIT! THEY DID THAT! AND IT IS STILL FINE!

Let me give you an example. Today, I fought an Infiltrator who was using the TSAR. That is one of the CQC sniper rifles. He saw me, I saw him. We were both cloaked. I was gonna just troll him because he stayed in the cloak, but then he uncloaked and shot me. It wasn't a headshot. My RMB is broken, so I was trying to uncloak and shoot him with the Hunter, but my aim button wouldn't work. He shot again, and he missed. At this point I am thinking, "If I was using an automatic weapon, he would be dead." We have been at this now for 3-4 seconds, and then a Heavy comes up behind me and finishes me. Theoretically, he should have killed me instantly, but the snipers get harder to use the closer up you are. If you are skilled, you can do it, but that doesn't argue imbalance if you are already a skilled player. It is what an average player can do that shows when something is unbalanced, and then the results.

You say "invisibility" and "basically wallhack." There is a counter to that. Move slower or stop moving. Is it likely to get you killed? Yes. Can you avoid death that way? Also yes. There was an Infiltrator looking for me, so I just crouch walked. He walked around me, I got behind him, I shot him. I still almost died because I am a sucky shot, but hey, I didn't!

"Killing vehicles before they spawn"? What? No comment.

"Ultra Nano Weave" That isn't true. Nano Weave doesn't stack with NAC. It even says that on the cloak description. And no, you can not survive the headshot, especially not in max damage range.

"EMP grenades that destroy shields at any range" I don't get what is with you and this "any range" stuff. Yeah, it can, but the closer you get, the more it affects you. You have a high chance of EMP'ing yourself and wiping your own shields, and while you are throwing that grenade, you have most likely already been shot. And what is worse is that it explodes on contact, so that is gonna get you killed if there are mines near you when you do it.

"Sniping in this game is way too easy" Citation needed. Most snipers do not have a high accuracy or headshot ratio. They usually aren't even 50%. There was a guy here named TobiMK, and he was complaining about that. I went to his stats and he wasn't at 50%, but he played Infiltrator a lot. If it is so easy, your accuracy would be higher. Your headshot ratio would be higher. Your kills would be much, much higher. And yet, it isn't.

Your point about dealing with the occasional enemy sometimes while the rest ignore you isn't a game issue. It is a player issue. I got shot at by a sniper, and I immediately went to look for him. I eventually found him. Most players just go on their way, and some come back and complain here without actually doing anything about the Infiltrator with a sniper. I legit shot a dude like 5 times, and he never came for me.