Is it gonna take you years to fix your "reworked" spawn system ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trillsiker, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Trillsiker

I mean, the hell ? The system just need a few tweaks and theses said tweaks have been discussed by the communauty extensivly so far and by people more on point than me on this matter.

Yet, still finding my experience with it atrocious.

- Yes i'am still kicked out like a hobo from the latice i want to fight in.
    -Yes i still have to walk/flash between facilities to get in range of sundy's spawn
    -Yes the flow of battle is so broken than you can't spawn on an previous facility to prepare the defense : next facility 48+ ? go to hell because there 8guys attacking the one you'd like to respawn to defend it : it's 50/50. And i just had a talk with a Nc who said they were abusing this to capture territory.
    -Yes i'am still annoyed to wait 40sec to respawn for god knows what reasons.
    -Yes the system is so broken than you can't read the flow any more because suddenly a fight 96+ transform in a 12-24 the next facility : WTF ? well no the zerg hasn't jump, it's the span system sir !

And the list goes on : Fix the damn thing, and it would be cool for it to not take month/years :(
    • Up x 3
  2. Scrundle

You have some valid points there and I share in your frustration but about the third point, where you can't spawn in to defend a base which is 8 vs 48+ in your favour... well, that seems to be working as intended, are those 8 players (of any empire) really going to take a base defended by 48+? I rather feel like they deserve it if so.
    And with only 8 attackers vs 48+ defenders it doesn't seem as though you'd be in the running for earning much XP when all is said and done.
    As I said though, your frustration is real and it is felt by many players. We can only hope that further iterations of the spawning rules smooth things out.
    • Up x 2
  3. OneShadowWarrior

Same can be said with DX11............
  4. buggygame

Cuts both ways - cannot spawn into attacker sundies.
    Both are stupid. Unless your aim is to stop fights quickly and frustrate players. (Attackers can always spawn in too.).
    Who cares whether bases can be easily taken or not, if this is at the expense of the fight and player involvement. I do not remember it being a serious problem before. And zergs seem to have gotten worse.
    The interesting point for me is why DBG did this. Presumably knowing the consequences. (Although as someone else said in another thread, this is not the place to find-out: reddit is.).
  5. Trillsiker

No it is not that, let me explain myself better for this point :

Base N1 is attacked 96+ and we'v lost, camped at spawn tube waiting for timer.- 2min remaining
    While that the attackers send a squad at base N2 wich is perfectly fine, a few good people redeploy to preprare the defense of the said base and a 1-12fight is engaged.

The system now consider there is a fight and i'am not able to respawn, the 48+ Zerg even less at the end of the 2min timer.
    So now you the situation is that you can't spawn in the base N2 who's gonna be crushed by 96+ennemies while there is 2squad to defend it. The zerg cannot span in it => you are ******.

I'v talk to several platoon leaders now and they abuse it very much to capture territory, why wouldn't they?
    You just have to send few people ahead of the zerg attacking the next bases in order to prevent the ennemy to spawn a big zerg to counter yours because the system will even the fights.
    Ez way to secure a techplant attack or Amp.

This spawn system is the plague of the player involvement in a particular lattice and the death of strategic thinking. All you can do is jumping base to base at every death, i c'ant imagine how bad is would be for a new player.

Hope you get my point here ^^
    • Up x 1
  6. Scrundle

Ah, well then in that case I apologise for my misunderstanding.
  7. Trillsiker

Nothing to apologies for, no offense taken m8 ;)
  8. OgreMarkX

They won't rework it. The designer will refuse to acknowledge he messed up. Central planning is in the genes.

I already cancelled 3 of my 4 paid accounts. The three accts were 15 years old. FIFTEEN YEARS. My last one (this one, is going on what...21 yrs old?)

And it was the terrible decisions around Planetside 2 and that horrible Planetside Arena that finally caused me to cancel. I had those accounts active and paid even when not using them for years. I was happy to do a small part in funding the games.

Not now.

OH YA THE SPAWN SYSTEM THAT PREVENTS ME FROM GETTING INTO THE FIGHT IS GREAT. Because I dont log into Planetside to fight. Oh wait... WHAT?

Hey, Wrel. You messed up. Back it out.

Pride or Paid account. Pick.
    • Up x 2
  9. Savadrin

I finally hopped online over the weekend. I have never seen so many spawn points active in my years of playing Planetside. Sure, they were mostly player spawn tubes etc., but they were packed in so hard that every hex on the map had several. Also had no problems spawning into squad sundies or any bases.

Maybe because I almost always play in a squad I just didn't see the issue. Or maybe because I wasn't adding to the horrific overpop zones.
    • Up x 1
  10. iller

I main connery NC and NO ONE is more negatively impacted by this change than us.

We're notorious for having half of our players suck so bad or be responsible for TK'ing on such a massive level that we often can't take bases even when we have 55% to 63% pop in that Hex. ...though honestly another huge component is just how much Space'Muricans won't get on the goddamned point and instead love to sit inside their Tanks in a circular firing squad around every base like they're those OBESE people you see on Scooters in Walmart

That said, the Spawn System is doing exactly what it needed to do which was make it less convenient to keep going down the same Hex Lattice in an ever increasing Zerg ball which always led to Ghost-Capping. I recognize that despite how inconvenient it is for my preferred (and currently overly nerfed) Faction.

I don't understand why other people refuse to recognize its Positives, even a little
  11. Heini

I'm not sure if you played a lot of Planetside with the new spawn system but there are still a lot of Zergs and there are a lot of frustrating things like not being able to spawn in to defend a base that has defender underpop, which in turn achieves the exact opposite and allows zerging and overpop to freely happen.
    Also that cooldown on Join Combat is totally counterproductive since you want people to use it as often as possible to get to areas where they are actually needed, implying the spawn system would work for once.