Mending Field + Shield recharging

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VViId, Jun 8, 2019.

1. VViId

Hi,

I have a question about that.
    At tier 5 mending field must heal when live of allies is below 300.
    But when i see allies with low life, his life bar does not fill.
    It's a bug? it doesn't work correctly?
    I see the same thing with mending field too.
    Some answers maybe?

Thanks
  2. Liewec123

The heal from mending field is incredibly weak, 15hp per second,
    so it is understandable that their health bar might seem to not be moving,
    I can confirm that it does work though!

Its just not worth the iso to upgrade or the slot to use it!
    Imho either the healing needs to be doubled or the silly 300 health limit needs removing,
    It should also grant a tiny amount of xp (2 xp or something!) When it heals!
    • Up x 2
  3. I'm so dead

I can confirm that it does give XP. Just it takes it a while for the XP tick to occur (usually 5xp if not XP buffed). It also might go under healing assistance xp as well.

I do however wish they remove the restriction about players having to be 300hp or lower. Meanwhile, level 5 it recovers 5 shield per tick or something at the cost of 15hp per tick to 10hp per tick. That is just my opinion.
  4. Scrundle

The problem with Mending Field is that it has the potential to be extraordinarily powerful in a fight. Why? Because if you buff it any more then it'll become more effective than Nanoweave, applies on headshots AND applies on nearby friendlies. (Edit- and it stacks ON TOP OF NANOWEAVE and Nano-Regen Device)
    In many cases Nanoweave only increases your TTK by a single bullet, Mending field is already doing that against some weapons.

Increasing the 300hp limit has a knockon effect; it brings the auto-regen a damage tier sooner, likewise increasing the speed of the regen broadens the amount of weapons it is currently effective against.
    I know it seems like a rather useless implant but buffing it is playing with fire unless you truly wish to usher in the days of the MA Medic uberman.
  5. VViId

Thanks for your comments and answers.
    True that the 300hp limit is absurd cuz regeneration heal faster even it healing after 10 seconds.
    For now I think this implant is not really usefull at tier 5...
    I hope devs will reconsider that soon.

Thanks
  6. Liewec123

but the heal is so small, 15hp per second (in a game were most weapons take you from 1000 to dead in less than half a second),
    i don't think it's really playing with fire to remove the 300hp limit XD
    it'll simply make a spot where allies can retreat too if they want to sloooooowly regenerate their HP when there are no medics nearby.

its one of those implants with a weird limitation that ruins the whole implant
    (like Robotics Technician only working when you remain near your spitfire.)
  7. VViId

I play medic since I started PS2 5 years ago and I really like this class but honeslty, medic is not an attractive class and in many case need more in the battlefield, everybody wants to have a medic on his side, but don't want to play medic.
    Many battles are lost coz not enought players play medic to support the fight.

Yes I do the apologie of this class coz we can't win any battle without medic.
    Anyway, I think the medic could be a bit up to be more attractive.

Thanks
  8. Destroyer0370

yeah, agreed. The mending field implant should just heal regardless of the person's health. It currently restricted at 300 or less they have to be for the implant to have an impact on them.
    • Up x 1