Enjoy being in the fight? DBG will cure you of that.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, May 27, 2019.

1. Meabben

I don't care what you do with the spawn system. But if you give someone a green button to spawn. Make it work. Giving them a dead button is stupid and frustrating. Figure it out or just pull the plug.
  2. Gangstrogdor

This spawn system is horrible and unplayable, please fix immediatly, the 200 meter penalty is not enough. Let people spawn where they want, don't try to scheme to prevent zergs. If we want to zerg, we can do so anyways. Enemies will get the same option so, its fine, they can zerg too.

Currently game is barely playable, do you even login DBG?
    • Up x 2
  3. OgreMarkX

DBG please hire a game designer. PLEASE.

Now, I just deployed a sundy at a very big fight, it was hard to get the sundy in place, tried twice before I got it deployed.

Of course, I die while reviving teammates RIGHT NEXT TO MY SUNDY, and I CANT RESPAWN FROM MY OWN SUNDY THAT IS UNDER FIRE.

DAY BREAK GAMES. HIRE A GAME DESIGNER.
    • Up x 1
  4. Cyllus

Died IN a biolab, spawns were still up... and I couldn't respawn in the biolab.

Daybreak... your spawn system ******* SUCKS.
  5. buggygame

Ditto.
    Enjoying biolab fight for many minutes.
    Just about to capture. Get killed, but cannot respawn even though spawn should still be available, due to 'overpopulation'.
    The spawn system is ludicrous.
    As someonelse said, stop trying 'cental planning'. Provide tools and let gameplay emerge. All we get now is (boring) platoon zergs or staring at the map screen in lone-wolf mode.

I suppose DBG generally ignore their own forum, but have they responded at all on this topic ?
  6. Gibber

Redeployside was a term created by zergs and ghostcappers that hated factions defending their own bases and making things difficult. It's something DBG never should've listened to.

I understand the spawn system is designed to try to restrict the highest pop from steamrolling the lowest pop but the lowest pop end up having to deploy in a large group themselves just to defend bases from 1 of the 3 platoons in their territory.
  7. buggygame

I just spent a significant fraction of the last few hours trying to spawn at ongoing fights aka staring at the map hoping for a green circle to appear where there was fighting – but (say) 52%/48% population imbalance, even though we were losing the base.

Cannot see why in a fighting game you would discourage fighting in favour of ‘base capture’. With balanced continent populations why not leave factions to decide where to deploy their forces. If it leads to stalemate, this is still a fight – at least.

Just back to the game, so may have missed something, but it seems much worse than previously. The disease much have been very, very bad for this to be the cure.