Hossin is way too dark at night.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trillsiker, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Trillsiker

Well, not much to say more in this topic than the title says.

At night, on 70% of facilities, it's barely playable. What about adding some of theses glowing mushrooms and let them colonize hossin devs ? :eek:) Might help.

And yes i refuse to set my brightness level to absurd level while in hossin when it's perfectly fine on the 3 other continents.

+1 if you agree and feel the same !
    • Up x 2
  2. Liewec123

Amerish too,
    i've talked about this before, on low settings its simply a slightly darker version of daytime on these continents,
    but if you play on ultra it is impossible to see anything without fiddling with brightness and contrast settings.
  3. JibbaJabba

It's meant to be dark.

The game first released it was FAR darker. During beta it was black like you could actually hide in shadows. Over time, the whines (like this one, sorry) made it so dev increased it again and again. Eventually night came to not matter. You could see anyway. Nobody used INRV scopes, no night vision sights, no thermal implants. Tactics on the battlefield no longer had to account for night and it was essentially erased from the game.

DX11 gave them an opportunity to revisit this.

It's darker now but still not like it was originally. This is good. Use it. Adapt to it. Your opponents have the same trouble. Attack VS during the day, attack TR/NC at night. Move your sundies in during the night. Go on defense during day.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scrundle

I remember when it was dark at night and intended as a mechanic. I'd quite like those days back actually.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

It's a cool idea, make it so people need night vision scopes and flashlights, but it just isn't practical in a game were low settings combined with high contrast can give you a massive advantage, you'll be walking around in the dark with a flashlight, while i'll have full visibility, not really very fair!
    There is no way to prevent people from racking up their brightness and contrast, and as such, everything needs to be visible for everyone at nighttime, otherwise it's just hell for people playing legit, and a cakewalk farm fest for people who play on low and tweak their monitors.

Nighttime is one of the main reasons I don't play ultra in this game, my rig can handle it easy,
    But it's just such a massive self nerf when you can't see a damn thing,
    and everyone else is playing on low with full visibility, why bother?!
    • Up x 1
  6. Wolfborne

Here's a hint: Threat Detection Optics for vehicles, IR optics for hand held weapons. Problem solved!
  7. AlcyoneSerene

Bring back dark nights! Also the glare and brightness of DX11 visual fx are too much, they need to be toned down.
  8. OneShadowWarrior

Many of the players in my outfit just resort to the IR implant or use IR scopes.

DX11 brought extreme contrasts with the game now running to bright, to dark, to many particles or effects i.e. smoke, bright muzzle flashes, explosions.