[Suggestion] Nanite Systems Operatives Balancing Poll

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NSOcommander, May 27, 2019.

1. NSOcommander

CAST YOUR VOTE
    { Type Y to agree }
    { Type N to Disagree }

NSO statement :

Balancing NSO helps all 4 factions. the current state of the NSO is lacking incentive and balance. This is discouraging to the majority of NS players. We are the minority pop of all 4 factions and as such we have to band together to make our voice heard. Keep in mind balancing is the goal, no suggestions provided in this poll will give NSO a direct advantage over any other faction in the terms of combat. Suggestions are to incentivize all access membership and make NS operatives on par with but not exceeding the capabilities of all other factions. please provide your vote in a message by itself, feedback comments in a second message , thank you - NSOcommander (NOPS)

suggested adjustments :

< 1 > NSO missing a Vital Infantry Option

< 1a > Create Max Suit for NSO in the form of a hulking , max sized , operative. ( no need for a robot to wear a robotic suit ) with NS MAX faction specific ability similar to disengage but the effect is an emp wave that is identical to an emp grenade - disabling shields and deployables within 10 meters. with a moderate cooldown preventing emp spam.

< 2 > NSO Faction Specific weaponry - Not new NS , Not new NSX -

< 2a > NS Thumper needs to be NSO Thumper ~ this encourages people who want it bad enough to go all access and play NSO to help the game's balancing issues. The Thumper is useful. but no more so than other faction heavy weapons. its just new and shiny.. NSO deserve it for being all access.

( non NSO feedback on 2a is not relevant as you have lasher, chaingun, and jackhammer )

< 2B > NSO only ~ Bolt action sniper
    < 2C > NSO only ~ 1 shot knife with activated ability ( ie lumine edge )
    < 2D > NSO only ~ "NSO VENOM" dartgun secondary weapon fires darts that deal 300 damage over 3 seconds , rate of fire is 160, velocity 325 , magazine size 2, ammo capacity 4, reload time 2.75 seconds. headshot damage reduced by 80%. Designed to finish off low health escapees or get revenge after death ( and before you complain it is unbalanced... the NCO8 mag-scatter allows NC stalkers to have a shotty )

< 3 > New NS and NSX weaponry avail to all factions

< 3a> NSX avail to all ~ non directive battle rifle.
    < 3B > NSX avail to all ~ Automatic Shotgun built off the tengu concept

< 3C > NSX avail to all ~ flare gun secondary weapon with 1 round magazine and 3 rounds ammo capacity with 4 second reload time ( ammo options include standard flares - darklight flares- 14mm grenades and smoke grenades ).

< 3D > NS Deployable avail to all engineers and factions ~ "NS skyshield" the newest in the barricade options. functions like a tiny version of the sky wall. 7 meters across, 10 meters high. exposed from the sides , has same health amount as barricade.

< 3D > NSX Raijin

< 4 > VEHICLES and vehicle Weaponry

< 4A> Create NSO ESF

< 4B> Create NSO MBT ( faction specific MBT ability "nanite accelerator" reduces own top speed and damage resistance by 33% for 12 seconds and recovers 300 armor a second for 10 seconds ) 2 minute and 30 seconds cooldown time.

< 4C> NSO Only Flash Weapon ~ "Bouncing Betty-F" all the damage of the M40 fury-F with half the default magazine size and half the default ammo capacity. Does not explode on impact, bounces before exploding , with a 2 second fuse.

< 4D> NSO Only harasser top Weapon ~ "Bouncing Betty-H" all the damage of the Bulldog-H with 3/4ths the default magazine size and 3/4ths the default ammo capacity. Does not explode on impact, bounces before exploding , with a 2 second fuse.

< 4E> NSO Only MBT top Weapon ~ "Bouncing Betty-X" all the damage of the Galaxy Bulldog with 3/4ths the the default magazine size and 3/4ths the default ammo capacity. Does not explode on impact, bounces before exploding , With a 2 second fuse.

< 4E> NSO Only ESF Wing Weapon ~ "Bouncing Betty-W" Dual wing mounted bettys with all the damage of the Bulldog-H with double the the default magazine size and half the the default ammo capacity. Does not explode on impact, bounces before exploding , with a 2 second fuse. used for strafe bombing of infantry.

< 4E> NSO Only ESF NOSE Weapon ~ "Bouncing Betty-N" single nose mounted betty with all the damage of the Bulldog-H with double the the default magazine size and half the the default ammo capacity. Does not explode on impact, bounces before exploding , with a 2 second fuse. used for strafe bombing of infantry.

< 5 >NSO NEEDS TLC

< 5A >fix all NSO alert and loadout bugs, give us real cosmetics, provide ~actual~ NSO items in DBG shop bundles. or reduce the cost for NSO. we just want fair development treatment. There was time to gut and alter NSO appearance to make the black ops bundle so every faction could look like NSO, but no time to make us a standard few customization options.....or a voice pack.... Microsoft SAM speaking the faction specific greenhorn packs would do fine.

< 6 > NSO OUTFIT and DEPLOYMENT

< 6A > Operatives need/require the ability to join NSO Outfit Leaders on any continent and faction with "Outfit Deploy" and "Invite Online Members to Squad" otherwise our outfits are novelty at best. The before-mentioned can be incentivized for deployment to lower pop factions by providing a +30% exp bonus for NSO deploying to needed areas.

< 7 > NSO MERCS and BOUNTY HUNTERS

< 7A > NSO players very quickly find themselves cert'd out with nothing to spend them on. Many veteran faction players have nothing to spend certs on. well lets make it bounties. PS2 players need the option to spend 200 certs to place a bounty on someones head ( do not remove the DB option just lower the cost for DB bounties ). Yes, this is expensive but not daybreak cash expensive. and lets be honest , roughly 1% of the pop places a bounty 1% of the time and almost no one anywhere has the NS-15 gallows. lets revive this old game mechanic. It is hard to get the kill on your own bounty in a 100 v 100 fight so giving players the option to place many bounties for extra certs will make bounty hunting relevant again, not just relevant but actually used by a moderate percentile. It is a great way to create a cert dump, which is good for DBG's economy.

-NSOcommander (NOPS) PC EMERALD

2. Campagne

Votes:
    1. -- Y
      1. 1a -- N
    2. et al -- N
    3. et al -- Y
    4. et al -- N
    5. -- Y
    6. -- Y
    7. -- Y
    Details:

1.1a -- We already have NS MAX weapons (Gorgons and Bursters) and an NS MAX ability. All that is missing is an NSO model for the MAX and in my opinion that is all.

2 et al, 4 et al -- NSOs cannot be played without bypassing the paywall. Granting them unique and special equipment would be creating content a player cannot access without spending money. This is a big step in the wrong direction inn my opinion. What they have is mostly enough, just need that NSO MAX model and an NS fighter and multi-crew tank.
  3. Gibber

The incentive & weaponry issue could be easily solved with the least amount of development time by giving us access to every faction weapon no matter the faction.
    • Up x 1
  4. NSOcommander

@campagne I do understand your points and understand why you've made them ( you are not all access and would like to avoid paying to play member only content ) , I however am not suggesting special items designed to give NSO an unfair advtg, I am suggesting an equivalent "on par" selection of options comparable to the other factions , whether they be my suggestions or the next guys, they are needed.

the goal is to level the playing field, it is not about who can or can not access NSO, its about those who are NSO being able to support the faction in-which we are deployed with the same quality of equipment as other factions. a full magrider convoy vs a convoy of half Prowlers and half "ability-less NSO MBTs". who will win? magriders burn around to strafe and pop shots, and the Prowlers activate their ability, what does NSO do? sit there and shoot? Be a lightning with a halberd on top? facts are without equal arsenal potency we do not balance fights, we only balance numbers on the population chart. a pop that is half nso will lose to a pop that is full faction (assuming skill levels are identical). math dictates we NSO are not helping balance.

No leader of any military would contract an NSO merc lacking at bare minimum the equipment needed to be on par with their own soldiers. if you have 10 men who are great carpenters with their own tools , why would you call in 10 more who do not have their own tools and therefor can not woodwork? wouldnt you rather have 10 more equipped professionals? are NSO destined to be placeholders, meatshields, and less desirable fill ins? all access members were told this was a gift rewarding us for our loyalty. media hyped and advertised for almost a year only to be in the state it is now "pay to be inferior" labeled as "for advanced players" with the sole purpose of making things look good on paper. and any primary weapon designed for the NSO ESF has to be unique paywall content there are no cross faction esf nose weapons. same for the MBT main guns. some things cant be avoided.
  5. NSOcommander

@Gibber that idea has been tossed around, the majority of NSO seem to embrace that idea (myself included) however it has received a community wide shutdown across various forum posts and reddit. The factions do not want us to have lasher , jackhammer, chaingun. I have heard examples such as " No faction would hand a merc their strongest weapons" as such i have suggested the thumper be nso only " No mercenary group would provide their most potent weaponry to people they may fight tommorow "
  6. NSOcommander

@campagne after re-reading my above post I realize DBG could introduce NS cross faction ESF and MBT main weaponry, of which I am not opposed. however we should still have our equivalents of faction specific AA an AG equipment for both wings and nose.
  7. NSOcommander

I would also like to state that I do not care If NSO is all access or FTP. It just needs to be viable as a 4th faction fill in.

However ; if it is going to be forced all access it needs alot of work to appease the people who are paying. if we remain inferior in loadouts and equipment options and get treated as a population tool and nothing more in function or purpose eventually its going to be "fallout 72 backpack disaster" planetside 2 style. I for one will go back to my cert'd out faction chars that have no need to subscribe, save money and call it a day. many others will wipe their hands of the NSO and stop paying/playing aswell. incentivizing NSO and all-access provides a much needed boost to DBG's economy. Something we need if you desire future updates, the dev team gets paid somehow.
  8. WhelpHunter

As of now the NSO opp is just an empty husk with a pretty face. We NEED a MBT,MAX,and ASF. Without these we are weak and pointless to a high population mission. for the list I cant speak on balance for these as no matter what you do with this class adding any of those 3 classes will make the community scream P2W (But this game already is so adding something new wont change a thing). all we really need is some life to this class. make enough weapons that can fill out our directives without resorting to duplicates fix the event and code items like the tengu-p to count to our close quarters directives (<really do I need to even say that). beyond that adding missions for us to do like kill 30 High Value Targets, or kill 5 Sunderers would really give us some goals. finally my one thing I wish to see would be a Mech for 750nanites and 2k cortium to orbital drop (cant be repaired by engies needs ants with cortium to fix them).

So to sum it all up
    NEEDS MBT MAX ASF and some weapons to fill out our directives plus a Mech would be cool
    • Up x 1
  9. NSOcommander

@WhelpHunter valid points on the main topic, and on a side note I too would love the mech idea as an all faction option. revive the ps1 mechs. 750 nanites is fair and cortium to maintain and repair would be a good balancing aspect. high maintenance vehicle. with support ants needed to refuel and repair. perhaps give it a mini flail with 200m range instead of an orbital strike, and allow firing to take place in no deploy zones. reduce shot cost to 500 cortium, and give the mech a 7500 cortium capacity. 7500 health like the galaxy
  10. Edenwolf

You are not a 4th faction, you are reinforcements for the underpop faction, not really a minority either. NSO was just introduced, we're going to get NSO everything down the line so stop creating threads asking for the same ****e over and over, it's coming.
  11. RblDiver

We definitely need our MAXes. What about MAX-sized versions of the old BFRs? :D

We also do need weapon parity. At minimum, we need access to a carbine with underbarrel support (grenade launcher etc), a power blade, and a bolt action sniper rifle. Some sort of NSO-unique weapon would be cool. Obviously from a gameplay perspective, you can't make it something OP, but lore-wise, if NS had access to some mysterious McGuffin, it could explain both why the factions want to hire them, but also fear them.

Flare guns (darklight) would be an interesting mechanic, though I could also see it being somewhat OP unless the flare had about a 2m radius (like a doorway). Flare guns for regular light would be quite an interesting thing too. For the engineer skyshield thing...Could be interesting, but could also be a bit too gimmicky to see much use.

Last, about the "Join Outfit Leader" or w/e feature, this would indeed be appreciated within limits. Of course, if one pop is at 40%, you wouldn't want to allow it, but if they're within some reasonable fudge factor, you should be able to at minimum relocate to their cont. One evening, NSOcom started a squad with me, only to find that we were on different continents. I swapped over, and was changed to a different faction, so there went that idea.
    • Up x 1
  12. NSOcommander

@Edenwolf - first of all that is not a vote. its hardly an opinion , you just came here to tell NSO to "shut up about it"

You do not know me and this is my first forum post requesting NSO balancing

- we make up less than 10% of the player base ( minority ) - players with br3 NSO do not count. If you are not an NSO main you arent part of our POP. we play NSO only. we are far from the majority.

- Try being a NSO main, delete that NC character you clearly haven't ASP'd in 6 years. come to the "reinforcement side" see how you like being treated like an inferior robo butler just meant to back up angry trolls like yourself.

We are not guaranteed all that we are missing - clearly focus has been on adding more to the 3 other factions. devs said "maybe" NSO will get ESF, MBT, and MAX and they will re-explore the idea at a later time. If we do not express we want them and you red/blue/purple guys keep complaining about us existing or getting anything we never will.

NSO are indeed the 4th faction, we are described, advertised, and played as such. Devs now say 4 factions. have been saying so for weeks. I see your sticker says you're from 2012. then you must know. If you've played as long as I have you know what "4th faction means" it was a reoccurring joke in the SOE days. referring to players who switch factions and play all sides. by definition we are that faction.
  13. NSOcommander

@Rbldiver great ideas all around. feedback greatly appreciated,

we do have a under-slung grenade launcher for the yumi assault rifle. but its hardly a carbine.

as far as the McGuffin goes I agree, and weve NSO been told we are part of an upcoming storyline or epic arc sort of thing. I too know there is nothing wrong with giving us unique flavor or style. our weapons for the most part are generic counterparts of faction weapons. the ones im asking to be dev'd mirror existing weapons for the three factions, for example the bolt action parallax for vs. ours would just be a re-skin meant for NSO. anyone who thinks we dont deserve a bolt action and the knife etc... does not want to be sniped or stabbed by us. they are trying to keep us under par.

I agree flares would be small in radius, the skyshield could be cool or buggy, depends on the challenge of scaling mesh down and maintaining good clipping, as well as converting it into to a deployable.

Also have to agree exceeding a certain percentile should prevent join outfit leader. however its unlikely one outfit can tip the entire population during peak hours and as it is now we do not bring the "big guns" with us. furthermore it could easily unbalance a fight after midnight. however I have yet too see my entire outfit online at once, especially not at say 3am. and right now it wouldnt matter if we had 100's online we never have enough to form more than 1 squad of NSO and have the other 3 squads to fill it in with randoms who do not coordinate and lower cohesion.
  14. NSOcommander

I would just like to add @ no one in general an afterthought and explanation for something from the <4> section, the bouncing betty is the nc proxy mine equivalent, however for lack of a better name at the time... I went ahead and named the various NSO vehicle weapons things such as "bouncing betty-H" perhaps "bouncing bulldog" or "bouncing bob" would avoid confusion. keep in mind nothing named do I actually expect to be named as I have it listed, and this is in the extremely small chance any of the ideas here even get developed or arouse enough attention.
  15. Mercenary

< 1 > NSO missing a Vital Infantry Option

< 1a > Y - There are already NSO weapons for the maxes, just need to have a beefier, nanite infused, version of our current sprites.

< 2 > NSO Faction Specific weaponry - Not new NS , Not new NSX -

< 2a > N - I don't believe a NSO exclusive weapon is needed, but I would love to have more NS weapons. A pump-action shotgun, a carbine with the grenade attachments, and an appropriate close range SMG.

< 3 > New NS and NSX weaponry avail to all factions

Y - piggy backs off my comment in question 2. The current NS weaponry lacks in several departments.

< 4 > VEHICLES and vehicle Weaponry

< 4A> Y

< 4B> Y

< 5 >NSO NEEDS TLC

< 5A > Y - I

< 6 > NSO OUTFIT and DEPLOYMENT

< 6A > Y - Can be very aggravating to log in and can not join the outfit.

< 7 > NSO MERCS and BOUNTY HUNTERS

< 7A > Y - I would love to see a revamp of the bounty system. Spending certs would definitely breathe life into the bounty hunter system
    • Up x 1
  16. LordKrelas

You are meant to be reinforcements for the Underpop, Not an Empire.
    NSO is literally new & meant to reinforce one of the three in the war, to deal imbalances.

If NSO had every Empire's heavy weapon, Those empires would lose their identity easily: As they have actual ES weapons.
    Unless handled really well, you'd basically have NSO, the Reinforcements, have every Trait of all 3, on top of their own bits.
    Which really drains the three factions of their toys to encourage actually playing them; But as said, unless handled well.

Having the only dedicated Grenade-Spamming Weapon, means whatever side gets the Reinforcement, is ramming explosives into the other two sides for that Underpop.

I do believe NSO Needs a MAX, MBT & ESF (So they can provide their reinforcement in all ways to their parent)
    However, an EMP-Field MAX.. means any target it is engaging in close-proximity unless it's a MAX, has halved-health in a press.
    That's essentially a nightmare concept; So I hope your NSO Concepts aren't similar to that, all that often.

Faction-Based Abilities, always have the issue of being compared to each other.

On a closing Note; Your text is so damn large, that it's barely fitting onto a page, akin to screaming.
    • Up x 1
  17. NSOcommander

@lordKrelas

yes we are meant to deal with imbalances, i agree

yes if every empire shared their weapons with NSO it would be ridiculous, that is why the public shot it down. I still like it as its the fastest easiest fix. but im not supporting the effort or trying to achieve it. just want our equivalents of faction unique weapons.

having the only dedicated grenade spammer with a slow fire rate and a 6 round magazine does not compare to having the only 150magazine plasma launcher that works like a grenade. the lasher

having the thumper also does not compare to a 1 shot heavy shotgun named the jackhammer

having the thumper does not compare to the minigun, it is something to fear +1. the noise accompanying it notifies me im going to die because im dead before I can react. its basicaly the only HMG in game ( heavy machine gun )

I do not want those weapons unless you all want our thumper. the road goes both ways now. for years NS has sold factions our best tech. its time to share with us if NC, TR and VS want to be greedy. the customers of our NS weaponry should not get to make terms of what we will and will not provide, weve made the factions who they are by supplying 75% of the equipment used on auraxis.our name is on every building in the game. NS stamped on every shipping crate. we dont work for your factions, your factions work for us.
    where do you think you get your nanite grenades and your repair tools? who built the warpgates? why does every ammo pack say NS on it. WE ARE THE ONLY EMPIRE

Try and tell me the NC MAX shield is balanced and doesnt gives them the best survivability of any front line soldier. tell me the VS overcharge plus NS bursters dont give them the best anti air maxes in game. why cant we have an advantage over shields and deployables with ours? doesnt have to be emps but it sure isnt going to be emergency repair unless you guys want generic maxes with no abilities. this is rock paper scissors, with a fourth being added. we have to have a max niche to fill like the other maxes. if not we better get a nanite cost reduction for max spawns. something to compensate for our plain function-less max

about my font size - you think picking size 6 or 7 would be small, it is in every document. 7 on here apparently means 64
  18. NSOcommander

@mercenary thank you for voting using the by number method, well done
  19. Venge

<1a> Y/N (Faction specific yes, I would refrain from suggesting specific effects.)
    <2a-c> Y (These atleast need to be available, even if any faction can use these.)
    <2d> N (Could ask for NSonly secondary, but would again, make a seperate post for suggesting NSonly stat specific gear.)
    <3a-c> Y
    <3d> ? (This is better suggested in its own thread.)
    <4a&b> Y (It is vital we have equal access to vehicle types as anyone else.)
    <4c-e> ? (I agree with better NS "topgun" options, NS only or otherwise, but stat specific suggestions are better off in their own thread.)
    <5a> Y
    <6a> Y
    <7a> Y (This has been suggested countless times before, and should really be implemented, would not damage monetization considering almost no one spends DBC on bounties right now anyways.)

-Footnote: Anyone who claims NS are not their own empire/faction is completely shortsighted and ignorant. Lore-wise they supply a majority of the gear to all 3 factions, and benefit while everyone else fights each other. Gameplay-wise, we are indeed a 4th faction with our own outfits, squads, and operations, but there is little incentive to help the underpopped faction and play as a NSO without atleast equal access to equipment options and social features the other 3 factions have. There is absolutely no reason NSO should not atleast have MAX, MBT, and ESF option, among NS gear equivilents that NS selection weaponry currently lacks compared to any other faction's weaponry options. (EI: No bolt sniper, etc. Refer to original post.)-

-Venge (Avengence - NSO on Emerald) (NOPS)-
    • Up x 1
  20. LordKrelas

Jackhammer, does not launch an AOE grenade over cover from safety.
    The under-barrel grenade-Launchers are notorious for this trick.
    If NSO only has this new Grenade-launcher, NSO will have the most AOE Spam-happy weapons past Vanu.

NC & TR, can not compare with AOE weapons like that.
    As well, the Lasher is a direct-fire weapon, that launcher is an Arc-based, so it can go over cover, from behind cover.
    So It's a tactically-brutal weapon option, which NC & TR, have nothing close in power to, really.

I'd you to use the Jackhammer, a close-range Shotgun that is also direct-fire.
    Now use an Indirect fire AOE splash weapon.
    The first requires you to get to close-range, and is single-target.
    The 2nd can be used from cover, over cover, and hits an area, making it hard to miss.

TR's Chaingun, is a direct-fire, a vastly different tool, to an Grenade-Launcher.
    As evidenced by TR's MAX's lovely ones.

Why in the abyss, are You roleplaying Nanite-Systems', as if Nanite-Systems wasn't an easy cross-faction way to sell weapons & use shared-assets?
    Do not use roleplay in discussions about Practical things, like "Why in hell, is an AOE decent-range Grenade Launcher, only for the NSO, whom only exist to help with population issues"
    As then we can go; Why the **** is the Dalton on the Liberator, and not on the MBTs?

Like dear lord, that notion can go to hell.

The NC Max Shield is directional, and disarms the user.
    An EMP blast that you want, removed half the health of every infantry-man near it, disables over-shields, and is on a heavily-armored platform able to equip two AI guns on it.
    That means, NSO's MAX would be able to literally half-health every enemy nearby instantly before firing a shot.

Actually.... TR's lockdown pairs with the Bursters better.
    VS's trick has a range-limit for when they get bonus-damage.

Why does NS, a population-balance, need to have an advantage where they literally half-health every infantry man in the game instantly?
    TR's trick, doesn't half-health their enemy instantly, and has numerous weak-points.
    NC's trick, doesn't remove all deploy-able threats, nor strip their enemy of all abilities.
    VS's trick, hasn't been viable for years.

None directly are Weapons, for their Abilities.
    Your wanted ability, Strips all enemies of Shields & abilities, rendering them all half-dead instantly.
    The old EMP grenade, costs nanites per use: and are one of the most brutal grenades for what they used to do.

You are a Population-balance force.
    Empire-Specific abilities are scarce, let alone on MAXes.
    Which haven't seen love or affection for several damn years.

NC's maxes, just got their sole AI weapon bashed into the ground.
    And you're wanting to roleplay NSO , what , are you going to demand a slice of the combat map next?
    ES content is rarely given, And you want the Population-Balance force, to be decked out like the 2nd coming of christ?