Better Player Movement and faster Aiming (modern FPS)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Taris26, May 27, 2019.

1. Taris26

I make it very quick this time.

Suggestions are:

- Increase movement speed
    - Increase strafe speed
    - Increase aiming down sight scope zoom in speed
    - Increase aiming down sight after jumping
    - Increase aiming down sight time after sprinting
    - Increase jumping height
    - Increase weapon equip time (switch time)

all atributes that modern fps shooter have.

Again please also check the poll.

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/mrafis/planetside-2-movement-speed-aiming-down-side-speed

If you want a change but don't agree with my listed points, please share your thought. Thanks!
  2. DeadlyOmen

NO.
    • Up x 3
  3. Demigan

Each game has its unique gamplay. Making PS2 more like other games means losing a lot of its identity and reasons to play.

Your suggestions would favor twitch-oriented gameplay. We already have dozens of games that do this. PS2's gameplay is less dominated by twitch gameplay and thats one of its great strengths. Given the choice I would even make twitch gameplay less important than it is now rather than make it more important.
    • Up x 3
  4. Taris26

i have to correct myself
    i obviously meant

Decrease
    aiming down sight scope zoom in speed
    aiming down sight after jumping
    aiming down sight time after sprinting
    weapon equip time (switch time)
  5. Edenwolf

You are a warrior wearing lots of armor and gear, the feeling of player movement and weapon handling feels perfectly in place. This is not a bunny hoping arcade shooter.
  6. Scrundle

Read the first post and had conniptions.
    Thanks.
  7. TR5L4Y3R

define modern fps in the first place ...
    what kind of modern FPS

call of duty
    battlefield
    insurgancy or arma?

we have quite a few FPS games that are VERY different in detail .. merely saying "modern FPS" doesn´t give a fair context ..
    doom 2016 or quake champions are also recent FPS that play drastically different or titanfall .. so again what exactly do you mean with "modern" ?
  8. Tarvaldd

These suggestions seem a bit more arcadey than I would like. Out off all the things I could say about PS2, one of the most positive is that you don't see to much bunny hopping.