[Suggestion] NSO changes/adds

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Starbridge, May 20, 2019.

1. Starbridge

So... I have been off and on with PS2 for years now. Play for a while, take a break. Come back and see whats changed. Play for a while, take a break and so on.

I came back a couple weeks ago and fired up a 3 month sub to check out the NSO faction. Its a great addition to the game but I have found a few things lacking.

1. Classes and features are mirrored. For balance, I get it. However, for a subscription to the game I would like to see something else. It doesn't have to be a huge edge but something to make it worth while to pay for it. Maybe a third implant that runs at half efficiency or ability to carry more than 750 nanites, or even discounts on lightnings, valks, etc.

2. Why is the max class missing? You would think they would make a max, they make tanks and now robots.

3. NS weapons. More focused at the sniper rifle. The NSO needs a faction specific sniper rifle. The Dymo and Vandal are trash. Neither of them can make a clean headshot kill with one shot.
    Dymo - Sniper rifle
    Vandal - Scout rifle
    Ahhh... why does the Vandal do more damage? Has better ammo cap, better range over a SNIPER RIFLE. This needs to be rectified.

3b. Voice packs. Even if they just have a metallic sound to the normal ones I would be alright with that.

4. I also feel like they should have their own tank, maybe one with 3 seats? Make it different, shake things up a little bit.

5. NSO outfits. I would like to get paired up with my friends a little more than by pure random chance based on population. Maybe an option to select a desired faction and just go into a waiting que until the pop balances out, clearly able to just jump into the low pop side if you don't want to wait X minutes.
  2. 0dineye

• Up x 1
  3. Campagne

Um... Have you used the Daimyo before? It can kill in one shot to the head out to 180 meters.
  4. Starbridge

I have, solid headshots too, never had a kill with it on one shot.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Daimyo is a bit of a challenge to use at longer range because heavy bullet drop and with small (3 shot) mag - but NSX weapons are meant to be a challenge IIRC. I certainly don't have trouble getting 1HSKs when I can actually land a headshot.

As for the Vandal - I love it and find it the best semi auto scout rifle. It does have enormous killing range and good, stable rof. It is certainly not trash.

Totally agree - a default robotic voice would have been nice.

I just wish they'd fix the bugs with the NS directive system, especially the engi repairs, sticky 'nade and AP mine kills not showing, as I fancy trying some of the NSOP directive rewards.
  6. Greenrover

I would agree that the NSO arsenal is a bit shallow. We've only got one or two weapon choices per class. The multitude of re-skins just inflate the appearance of choice. Other important pieces of the arsenal are completely missing, like the heavy weapon and bolt action sniper rifles.

A choice in voice pack would be nice, even if it was just to the female greenhorn for the time being. Hopefully something more substantial will come in time.
  7. Gibber

Currently I'm finding the NSO 'lacking'. I'm not talking about always being on the out-popped faction or that we have no Maxes or Light Flight vehicle along with REALLY limited weapons... it's that we're paying for it and there's no real point to others doing the same making the faction balancing aspect not work. The novelty has worn off and the grind has kicked in even before the 2x bonus period ends.

It's great we're getting a heavy weapon but a lot of our objectives still don't update (repairing, prox mines etc) and we still occasionally don't get rewards for the alerts we win. I get that we're new and don't have a lot of armor sets & helmets, voice packs etc. but I really thought we would at least hear about the plans to make it more appealing.

I know the team is small and developing NS-specific items takes time but there's 3 factions crammed with unique weapons that we should have access to. I'm not just talking about per faction... I'm talking about because we deploy across all factions based on population, there's nothing I can think of that would give incentive to players to join the NSO more that having access to all weapons across all factions.
  8. Whiteagle

I think Upping the Nanite pool would be acceptable, since Nanites were a half-***** Resource meant to be monetized anyways.
  9. Sparkatb

I'd like:
    - more armour styling options for soldiers.
    - more armour and lighting styling options for vehicles.
    - be able to use the passive spawn facility with a sunderer.
    - be able to deposit cortium using my ANT during the cortium event.
    - be able to choose which faction I'd like to fight for on a continent, instead of being put automatically into the lowest populated faction. I could be playing with friends or a great squad/platoon, but when we go to a different continent then I might not be able to continue playing with them on my NSO.