I am SO ******* TIRED of Harassers and I'll only give you one reason.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Pondera

Harassers definitely appeal to the more trollishly minded of us, what with their ability to tear tanks apart with ease when configured with the right weapon (TR's little fart gun can go STRAIGHT to hell), I think a large part of their ability to instill rage is their durability. At present, a Harasser can take 3 direct hits with an armor piercing tank weapon. That seems a bit much to me since Jeeps and Humvees, when confronted by HEAT rounds, tend to explode. What say we reduce that to 2 and done? This reduces their ability to charge straight into a sunderer spawn, killing dozens of people, and then run away under turbo to repair AND it makes it so that, when going after a tank, they better learn like Daddy Piccolo said and DODGE.

I've personally run into this kind of thing. I don't know what the policy is about names on these boards, but let's just say that this man's autopilot was defective. Anyway, on that AWFUL downhill area between the Crown and the next base over whose name escapes me for the moment, all he did, for hours, was make the same route, charging down the hill, running people over, smashing into the sunderer, and retreating to make repairs. No one could catch this guy. He wasn't even running a mounted weapon! It looked blank from what little I saw of him, and I didn't even know there was an option to do that. Harassers just seem a bit overtuned in their ability to kill at will like this.
    • Up x 1
  2. Machxin

Tanks also just take too many hits and kill me when I am on foot and half health sometimes, I say we make it so they take 2 stabs from a knife, and one rocket explodes the tank and 50 units around it. and when the main battle tank shoots it explodes its all occupents as a cruel joke. because who cares, if something aggrivates someone in a game we should nerf it to the ground or take it out!
    Sometimes the amses also spawn lots of guys so I think at random if you spawn from an ams the game should freeze and make you do a jig while people shoot you.
    yep that sounds great, cause I just find that stuff aggrivatin.
  3. IcEzEbRa

Recently, for couple nites I drove solo, or had vulcan gunner, or was gunner in harasser. I still feel a little dirty.
  4. Clipped!

I also think harrassers, flashes, and also ESF's should take damage from roadkilling over MAXes, 500-750 per MAX sounds fair to both parties.

This is exactly why I didn't like it at all when they decreased Harasser's tank shell vulnerability from 50% to 20% and their rear seat repair rate form 30% to 50%. Harassers were already quite powerful with turrets and their ability to get in and out while repairing the entire time. A skilled AP (or HESH) tanker could kill one in two shots or three if they had composite armor, but if they missed a shot they could still scrap them with a good chunk of health if the tanks's front was facing them the entire time. If the tanker missed a second shot the tank was generally very low if they had kept their front to the harasser. If the tanker hadn't kept their front to the enemy they would be scrapped shortly before or after they fired it that third or forth shot depending on how much their rear was exposed.

This was balanced because A) it's a flipping tank (with a weapon that can liquefy the human body on a direct hit) and B) lightnings cost a little more than twice the nanites than harassers do meaning they should have a significant advantage over them or they aren't worth their cost and since it takes two people to work a harasser they have significantly more attempts to kill the lightning than the lightning does the harasser. and C) An ambush on the harasser's end would have deadly consequences for the unaware tanker, killing them moderately faster than the tank could the harasser

But since harassers now take an extra tank shell to kill, this means that an ambush is hardly required anymore because it means it's even more unforgiving to miss a harasser with a tank as a harasser can still shred a tank even if they only hit the front side of the tank. It also means that harassers take proportionally and numerically less damage from a tank shell than another tank does which is INSANE! (Prowler's AP does 900 per shot to vanguard despite the impact damage listed at 600 per round on the weapon sheet btw)

This means that a harasser currently is as almost as durable, is significantly more mobile and destructive, takes significantly less time to repair, can be repaired while on the move, and costs less than half the nanites of a lightning! And the only downside? You need a second person which is stupidly easy overcome. So no, the current harasser is NOT BALANCED AT ALL.
    • Up x 3
  5. Pondera

Yeah, nice troll attempt. If you can't take this discussion seriously, there's the door. The adults are talking, child.

Could not agree more. It's to the point where roving bands of these things scoot around the battlefield Mad Max style, and if they find a tank even slightly isolated, they'll tear it to pieces without remorse. I know that multiple seat vehicles should offer something, but tanks cost a great deal more nanites than a harasser (350 vs 150) and I think it's painfully obvious which serves better capacity in anti-tank roles. You start getting attacked by one of these and miss even one shot with an anti-tank cannon, easy to do since they are small and fast and your tank is big, fat, and an alluring target, and you're toast. Made worse still by the fact that the anti-tank weapons for harassers are fully automatic and EASY to aim. Something does need to be done about this...
    • Up x 1
  6. Machxin

It isnt a troll, its an impression of children who refuse to learn or adapt in a game. also child? adults talking?
    What adults? the whiney ones who cry about "but, but, sometimes my tank is all alone and I DEMAND to be able to take 5 harrassers at once or else I will cry more!"
    You are a kid, throwing around your little tantrums demanding others peoples play styles be changed because you arent good at a game. It isnt the harrassers fault that you cant kill it, contrary to your belief.
    But hey lets just ban every class and every vehicle because a bunch of people refuse to learn how to play a game properly. sounds smart! "I cant lift 50 pound weights, they need to be removed from the gym completely wahhh"
    cry more we both know you will when you dont get your way and get killed in a video game.
    Every time I run someone over I will make sure to remember somewhere out there is a player who is demanding everyone cater to their awful playstyle. and I will let out a beep beep.
  7. Pondera

Yeah, I see nothing mature whatsoever about your response. All I see is an entitloid who sees their free ride coming to an end. Sorry, pal, but you are in the minority here, and personally, I can't wait for Daybreak to come along, take your petty little OP Jeep, and let all the air out so it comes down to the earth with the rest of us who actually play the game with some manner of skill to earn their certs rather than rely on a crutch.

But hey, until then, I'll take enormous delight in putting down some mines on your little lazy routes, and every time you get blasted back to the respawn bin, I'll make my own little beep beep while showing you which finger in the longest.
    • Up x 1
  8. Machxin

I only ever use the harrasser to get to anothe rbase and run over people when I get there. My play time on it is hilariously low.
    But keep grasping at anything to reaffirm your unskilled play while servers are crap. "waah wahh they hurt my ego so they must pay" or "yes the servers need help to make the game playable and enjoyable for the community"
    whcih should we pick, the guy who cant kill a harrasser or actual issues.
  9. Piluk4sArts

I think the Harrasers dinamics are Good, but they are so OP to kill a MBT 1vs1 .... Bad Weapon Balance. They are hunters, for Sunderers, Ants, maybe a noob Lightning, but MBT? 1vs1? And specialy Terran Harasser... 3 vulcan are invencible...
    • Up x 1
  10. Piluk4sArts

11. XTCAndy

I completely and utterly disagree. You are just sick of me doing all that stuff to you. Yup, I am that harasser driver who runs you over, and i'm pretty darn good at it too, but my harasser is quite destroyable. It is not overpowered or over the top. It is just something you don't like, just like you don't like there are too many infiltrators. You just don't like player choices. You are a stick in the mud.
  12. VeryCoolMiller

sir ... 3 vulcan are 6 people for a total of 450 certs if i m not mistaken... of course you lose vs 6 people...
  13. qiray12

Ah yes a harasser is OP since tankers are unable to hit us.
    Those that actualy can hit will trade or win. Every tank has more damage than a harasser (if they land their shots).

I think harassers are fine everyone has the tools to beat them and they got plenty of hard counters.
    So give me your opinion once you actualy tried the damn thing yourself.
  14. Zizoubaba

Nope !

btw, the point of my post isn't to say that they are overpowered or "not destroyable".
  15. Zizoubaba

you talking to me? or someone else in thread? cause I couldn't tell :)
  16. Piluk4sArts

I am a veteran MBT and Harrasser Pilot, but try to Fight with you squad vs 3-4 Terran Harrassers, they can hit the aircrafts, the tanks, the infantry...and Run (this is the real problem, it is the fkn perfect weapon)... The vulcan is not Overpowered?? (Harrasser vs Harrasser the VULCAN is instakill)... and now to kill a Harrasser you need 3 shoots with AP ...
    • Up x 1
  17. VeryCoolMiller

I would love to see what weapon did you have equipped to lose vs a vulcan... bcs 90% of nc and vs use AI weapons and they deserve to lose vs an AV weapon.

Vulcan is an ultranerfed weapon that does nearly 0 dmg at range.... and vs air or infantry is garbage.
  18. DonkeyX

Dude, this post went straight to my feels. I primarily drive harassers like 90% of the time and threads like this get me jacked to go run over big groups of enemy. Then I come back to the forums for a salt lick like a rat.
  19. JudgeNu

I just think they need to be more creative with the nanites.
    I would give them some decent ideas but they still havent seen any of my other posts asking to see if they are even going to fix the loadout saves after all these years since we have dx11.
    It is sad that even as a sub some loadouts reset everytime you log out.
  20. Whiteagle

From what I've skimmed from this thread, I have to wonder how many of you played the original Planetside and remember Tactical Resonance Area Protection or TRAPs: A deployable in the shape of a classic Czech Hedgehog Tank Trap that did damage to any Enemy vehicle that tried to ram it and able to be placed close enough that only Infantry could squeeze through.
    Friendly Vehicles however could pass though them like they weren't even there!
    I think something like this, given the same placement restrictions as a Router Pad, would make a great addition to Construction!
    • Up x 1