[Suggestion] Nanite Systems' Advanced Special Weapons Systems

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 0dineye, May 20, 2019.

1. 0dineye

Nanite Systems' Units have a limited selection of Special Weapons Systems. This gap is a good opportunity to add character to the battlefield. I will outline how in an example below.

The Nanite Systems' Fighter Craft would feature The Kestrel as a primary nose gun. Virtually all wing mounts are the same across the factions so I see them being fit on this craft as well. It could have a unique feature like a 10% HP advantage as apposed to the movement features of the other fighter craft.

The Nanite Systems' Main Battle Tank would be appropriately matched in capability to other Main Battle Tanks. It's unique ability would be a passive slot, like The Sunder. This would give it a unique position on the field.

The Nanite Systems' MAX Armor would be a special variant of Nanite Systems' Unit. It would be a Walking Battle Unit similar to what is on the field but larger to carry extra armor and heavier weapons on each arm. The Nanite Systems' MAX Armor could carry a selection of basic MAX weapons available to other factions, but not special weapon variants.

The Nanite Systems' Unit is a strong combatant in skilled hands. However it pales in comparison to its faction counter piece. There is currently no unique game-play options for them and do not have any special weapons. Something like an extra implant slot would be an easy option to conceptualize. Alternatively, allowing a selection of other faction weapons might be effective too.

This is an example of how the Nanite Systems' Force can be broadened in depth. They become a further benefit to which ever force they supporting at the time. Currently membership is required to access this. Unless we invert the current pay model as described here, I would enjoy more depth to be added to the Nanite Systems' Units.
  2. FIN Faravid

I dunno. Remember that Nanite Operatives are supposed to be somewhat generic pop balancers in fight between TR, NC and VS.
  3. Scroffel5

Yes. Just yes.
  4. 0dineye

I understand you point, but did you check out the concept of inverting the paywall? Click the link in the OP to read more about that.
  5. Greenrover

The Planetside 2 team wouldn't be doing themselves any favors turning the NSO characters into a pay to win affair. People want fair fights across all factions, and they'll simply quit if they feel like they're at a disadvantage due to the faction they're playing. That being said, there's work to be done to bring the NSO faction up to par, and I hope we see it sooner rather than later.
  6. 0dineye

That's how it feels to play NSO right now. No one is trying to make it pay-to-win. NSO is drastically lacking in most tactical options.
  7. 0dineye