[BUG] NS Troops not working as intended

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BorgUK1of9, May 3, 2019.

1. BorgUK1of9

So my VS reached BR 100 for the 2nd time and I have nothing left to spend certs on. NS troops great idea I think, I can play TR and NC as well without the need to make seperate characters.

WRONG, I have not played another empire but VS since making an NS bot character and even then the empire population is well below TR and NC (especially TR).

So if this was a balance fix it hasn't worked, a very expensive mistake.

So while I know your up to your armpits in fixing bugs and server performance issues (never seen a PS update this bad since about 2008). You will still need to address the pop issues because NS characters are not going to want to play VS day in day out..........................
  2. M17K02

Yeah I noticed that, too. About 80% of the time I am playing on the VS side but tbh I don't care too much.Getting teamkilled a lot though. I guess its because the vs and nc heavy assault bots look so similar without camo.
  3. entity009

It should swap you the lowest pop faction every time you zone. I have played for all three factions in the span of 2 hours or so.

Maybe the VS is constantly the low pop faction on your server?
  4. JibbaJabba

What happens is this:

The *actual* VS pop is lower than the other two.
    NS Ops dump in until it's nearly level.
    Folks keep joining all 3 factions during this (a bit more often on TR/NC, but all 3)
    Folks also drop off sometimes.
    During this "churn" some oncoming NS Ops are indeed dumped to the other two factions.
    When the NSOps brings the pops up to 33/33/33, your chances get pretty even.

I find that if I pop down to VR, then pop back up to the continent I was previously on, I can often times change factions. The "churn" allows for it.
  5. BorgUK1of9

Unfortunately on Miller even with the NS Ops TR generally has highest, then NC then VS who are usually several % below the others. So NS is nothing more than VS add on. So sick of getting TK'd as well, the jumps don't work for NS, the zooms keep resetting and the certs lost (loads before I realised it was bugged). The bugs are pretty much game killing. I will be back to try it again when they have patched them and the game is working as intended.

Alpha level patch release, SHOCKING DBG !