server latency

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MUTALISKUS, May 1, 2019.

1. MUTALISKUS

hi anyone can help me & server latency in miller now .always jump and fly away .60 up 560 .and game lags
    • Up x 2
  2. MUTALISKUS

:eek: again now server latency lags .there high MILLER
  3. DCTH

Yeah, large part is unplayable at the moment since repairing vehicle is impossible.
  4. MUTALISKUS

DAMAGE NOT REGISTRED!!!:eek:
  5. JibbaJabba

It's server side. Nothing you can do on the client. Just play super mad aggressive and come around those corners. You've got enough client side advantage that your enemy won't see you until the second Tuesday after he's dead.

They are super aware and working it with top priority. /shrug.

Grenades are hilarious right now. Heck I've taken up cover standing on a live grenade cuz I knew I had time to finish my target then leave before the server caught up.
  6. Quimcity

Just played over on Emerald from the UK it runs superbly there none of the problems that Miller had.
    Mines work Spitfires work (apart from still firing at players behind walls). None of the delay on repair, grenades etc...
    WTF have they done to Miller or is it just the EU server is not the same spec as the U.S. ones?
    If you want to play this game I suggest you all create new character on Emerald and play there until they fix the ********e on Miller.
    • Up x 1
  7. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Yesterday's update did not solve all of the outstanding server issues, and we are currently working towards more solutions.
    • Up x 2
  8. Atorum

How about you ban people from outside NA from playing on NA servers?
  9. Gary

That has absolutely nothing to do with the issues the server is having.
  10. Gary

I swear I saw a post about how you reverted the changes anyway ^^
  11. Atorum

Still, it would be a step in a good direction, also, a more enjoyable gameplay for the rest of us.
  12. AlcyoneSerene

Emerald affected too, was fine half the day then suddenly 300++ms happened to a friend at the same time and they aren't even in the time zone. I refuse to log in with such lag the gameplay is terrible, hoping for a fix.
  13. OneShadowWarrior

Servers are still broken even with their patches.
  14. Sparkatb

I'm not sure it works in the usual way with this game being an MMO? Everything online is registered as server side so the player with the fastest latency should win, compared to client-side registered multiplayer that can cause lag server side?
  15. tommyrocket

What I think they mean, is that due to interpolation issues/complications, we do not see what the enemy does in real-time. Supposedly an update today may address it. (finally) https://old.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/bkdcwo/interpolation_technology_status_update/

The way the game has been since release, is that what we see versus what the enemy sees is entirely different, by give or take a second or two, depending on each other's latency + the server's latency. You could run behind a wall on your own game, but your enemy might not see that action for a bit, so if they shoot at you, if they still technically see you, they can damage you regardless of where you 'actually' are. They aim to mitigate that it seems, and I hope it works.

Vehicular fights are affected by this too, such as dogfights. If you're both hovering up and down while shooting at each other and trying to dodge, you won't exactly know where you yourself appear on the enemy's screen. This makes it difficult to know whether or not you're just moving back into the enemy's aim or not, so you'd have to vary your movements more wildly just to dodge, screwing up your own ability to aim in the process, thus making fighting those players harder than normal.

All that said, with the *current* interpolation, it is more fair play to fight against those of similar latency. As variances increase between players, results become very unexpected, and often ends in unfair deaths.
  16. Machxin

Think thats bad, all the new players wont be coming back, im on the fence right now checking other games. I came back for 3-4 days and maintenance has gotten to 2 of them. Server lag issues are so bad you can run over a group of 10 people with a harasser and not hit a single one.
    This was basically a failure on their parts and it will cost them the good number of players that had come back to the game.
    Just, sad that this couldnt be handled better.
  17. 1nco

Ya its pretty well unplayable now, at least these guys try to fix it unlike other crap games where they do not care as long as your cash is in their pocket, and if people leave because of it good, other ones will take their place.
    Wont find another like PS2 and large scale battles anywhere out there. Thanks for trying to fix er up guys!!! The frustration was mounting hard!!!!!
  18. SikVvVidiT

I have been getting this since the last "update" anyone else? My ping is like 60 but the server ping goes anywhere from 79 to 3k at any given moment.. People are vanishing in front of me.. Hit markers are happening up to 1 second after my death, I'm running over people that my game showed were nowhere near me...

This is making this game unplayable!

When will you fix this?