Still runs bad

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, May 2, 2019.

1. OneShadowWarrior

So I am having all kinds of rendering concerns, server latency issues, graphics twitches, light and shadow problems, not to consider all the other bugs since DX11. It’s nice to get great performance but the tradeoff is now nothing works in the game.

So I went on Battlefield I and V and everything runs smooth and looks graphically impressive, I thought my 2080 GTX card sucked and my I7-CPU, 7700 wasn’t enough or maybe my 49 inch Samsung monitor was the problem.
    • Up x 1
  2. SgtScum

Seems to be hardware specific issues for some people. My rig is about as powerful as yours and runs the game a solid 60 at 4k all settings maxed out and looks and plays fabulous.
  3. OneShadowWarrior

It’s not my hardware, right now I am getting a ping of 17 ms and server latency 24 ms.

After 6 pm, it jumps all over the place, my ping is the same but the server latency jumps from 300-8000 ms.
  4. MUTALISKUS

ITS A BAD SERVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMAGE NOT REGISTRED
  5. JibbaJabba

So server latency is jacked right now. Nothing you can do about that from the client side. They are working on it.

Client side this is what I suggest:
    Backup then delete your useroptions.ini. There is some junk carried over from DX9. It will self recreate next launch.
    Set straight up Medium settings.
    Turn texture quality to ultra if you have the video memory, otherwise leave alone.
    Turn shadows off if you need extra framerate.
    Turn off smoothing, blur, bloom.
    Fix your brightness (the useroptions delete sets it to zero)
    **Set your render quality to 99, NOT 100. (some known thing...can earn you 30fps) **
    Re-set your mouse sens. Turn Accel off, turn raw on.

That should provide a stable and fast baseline. If it seems ok, exit and backup that useroptions.ini, then head back in and tweak from there.

I'm currently running:
    Ultra with shadows reduced to "high". 99 render quality. 2K resolution.
    8086K at 5ghz, RTX 2070 GPU. Saw one dip in a 96+ fight to 60fps but most 96+ fights are in the 90-120fps range. Warpgate is 180-200+ fps.
  6. OneShadowWarrior

Everything played fine on Connery when I logged in at 8 pm, then at 9:30 pm Pacific time when I was getting less than 50 ms latency, it started to shoot up from 900-1900+ ms, this had all started to occur from this update.
  7. OneShadowWarrior

Something in the the big fights when you have more than 100 players kicks up the server latency. I don’t know if you guys at DB changed how this is processed with the server but it appears they all stack in one group in the big fights and then dole out information single order. That means one player at a time is receiving the proper information while everyone else get’s the huge spikes in ascending order till the packets clear up.

In the morning or early in the day for the most part stuff runs fine but when prime time hours hit usually after 6pm Pacific, the server jams up on latency.

The jumps tonight in a fight at Crossroads on Indar were quite extreme with a server latency that for me runs well below 50 ms, spiked as high as 18,000+ ms. It took about 20 minutes as the fight simmered down for things to clear up and it did appear the packet loss was stacked and once again doling server response one at time creating lag in a harsh way.