[Suggestion] Medic is one of the worst classes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Apr 26, 2019.

1. karlooo

The medic class is mainly chosen for cert grinding.
    That’s the only issue. The class is amazing but the players cause more trouble than assistance. They don’t care if they take away your position, revive you in the worst time possible, toss revive grenades in helpless situations...all they do is waste a lot of time for their teammates only because they want to recieve certs.

Cert grinding in general is very bad for the game, in my opinion this is also what causes overpop. Of course players should recieve certs, progress faster than now but the devs should do something finally to make the players not worry about grining something out or have the feeling they need to grind, make them play the game, have fun.
  2. Skraggz

What makes medic the worst class is things like your post saying they are wasting time and cert farming, but the minute they don't rez they get rage whispers and ppl wanting to tk them. Not because they "farm" certs, but the fellow player base ruins the class due to them deeming how another player should and shouldn't be playing it.

Side note, if the rez is bad..... YOU have the ability to decline and respawn... it's not forced on you.
    • Up x 3
  3. SgtScum

I love playing medic during zerg fests. Oh so many bodies to keep resurrecting.
    • Up x 1
  4. karlooo

I’d love to accept a revive from my medic but the class can revive me unlimited times, in 2 seconds, from a safe distance, it’s just hard to determine wether you’re safe or not in some situations.

I think the medic revive gun should be limited, like have 5 revives max and resupply on terminal, to stop spamming revives on everything. Maybe for a buff give them more primary gun ammo...A lot of things can be done to fix this class.
  5. Skraggz

Why fix what's not broken? This isn't an issue with the class itself.
  6. karlooo

Yes I know, but the class can also be fixed.
  7. Skraggz

Yes, sure.... we can just get the dev's to alter the game and game mechanics because you can't bring yourself to decline a revive.
    • Up x 2
  8. JibbaJabba

Bad medics are bad but bad heavies are bad too.

Medic gives you the bad rez?

Bad heavy cuts your corner, gets TK'd and bullet sponges to save an enemy instead all while he should've been working that tank that just killed 2 more people...

Don't confuse a bad player with a bad class.

You don't notice the good medics because they just keep things flowing. Good medic cuts down the guy that killed you AND clears the area. Takes about half your rez timer and you get a bit worried, but sure enough here he comes with the good rez. He sees you working at that corner and gives you the beam until you retreat to reload. He sees the heavies pop shields and go in. The heal (not rez) grenade follow them in....

Ain't nothing wrong with the medic. There are just bad players.

Remember this the next time you see an infiltrator place down a mine in a friendly doorway. No bad classes, just bad players :p
    • Up x 1
  9. TR5L4Y3R

the only thing i don´t like about medics is their lack of AV options
    give it AV grenades and a grenadelauncher/rockletrifle primary ..
    maybe allow it to heal/rez at a slower rate while duelwielding a sidearm without ads for selfdefense ...