It is a good day to die

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IVANPIDORVAN, Apr 26, 2019.

1. IVANPIDORVAN

I'm not really surprised what they didn't add support of older DX versions like it made in other games, just a tiny little switch button in game launcher, maybe it is impossible in their case, but probably it's just a waste of time because if player cannot buy a new graphic card he never ever gonna spend some money on their cosmetics. Well, seems legit. I know this update is nessesary and a lot of people will benefit from it, a much more than group of potato pc nerds.

I tried to use dxcpl.exe and even manage to get a normal picture in game (and not just artifacts) but it cost me all fps, i mean game work, but with less than 1 frame per second.

My pc specs is: Geforce 9800GT, 8GB RAM, Intel G3258 3.2GHz (not overclocked)
    Previously i had 60+ fps at 24vs24 fights and average 25fps at 96+vs96+, unplayable for competetive infantry, but for harraser driving\gunning is fine
  2. IVANPIDORVAN

In my city average month payment is 200-350$ so i cannot buy a new card, not now at least.

Everyone take your last chance to enjoy such a game, there is never ever be created something like this hardcore oldschool mmo shooter masterpiece. We all understand current trends, little kids don't like to be instagibbed by shotties\tanks\snipers\explosives they gonna whine and complain and asking for nerfs all of this stuff, they also don't like long game sessions so forget about hours upon hour of unstoppable journey, there will be only short game sessions, matches, nothing like planetside where you can survive whole irl day as a galaxy pilot.

So this is it, this is end of my story, my T7 mini-blame gun will finally rest after 6k+ kills. I will miss this game and probably never ever gonna play other shooters because they not even near to planetside and never be.

Farewell Planetmans. o7
    • Up x 1
  3. SgtScum

Wow surprised a 9800gt ran the game before the update. Sorry your hardware finally got too old but every pc has that phase. Maybe you can get lucky and find a used 750ti which should get you back to the minimum. The cpu will still be under spec but I think most of your issues are that your current gpu simply is crap at dx11.
  4. AlcyoneSerene

Impressive you managed to play ps2 on a 9800. The 8800 series were such a monster on release compared to anything before.

Sorry you can no longer game on it, and like the poster above said, maybe you can find a used one at a good price, or maybe even free ones that got replaced.

Also, GPUs themselves do die after a long time, use or no use, OC or no OC. I've lost 2 8800gt and one 9800gt, one started artifacts out of the box before failing, another I overclocked for a very long time till it no longer showed a display eventually, my friend lost his and forgot to register its lifetime warranty, and the final one had almost no gaming or use and just died on its own. I did get my lifetime warranty on the original so now spare pc still runs. I also lost a gtx470 (never OC) after long term heavy use with artifacts and other graphics problems, which warranty granted a 660ti in place which I can put in the spare pc provided I format it to change sata ports to make proper room for this long card.