Major update today

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by icufos, Apr 25, 2019.

1. icufos

I am so happy about this.
    Despite being a member I always do a monthly spend to support the game.
    Today I'll splurge out a bit in celebration.
    Very interested to see the difference in gameplay.
    Posted this news on my clansite and hope to get a few more players into the game.:cool:
    • Up x 2
  2. Beerbeerbeer

Same. I’ve been a continuous member since release.

I plan on buying some DBC soon as well.
  3. tommyrocket

Looking forward to it as well. Almost as much excitement for it as the old "OMFG Update" (Operation: Make Faster Game) from years ago.

Seeing some great bug fixes in the notes, too. Most notably... :

• T7-P Mini-Chaingun should no longer unequip itself.
    • Players in a loading screen should no longer appear until their loading screen is dropped.
    • WinterGaming's decal can now be purchased for 1 cert in the Depot.
    • Speculative fix for an exploit related to reload speeds under certain circumstances.
    Hardlight Barrier (Engineer deployable)
    • This item has received a new look.
    The chaingun bug has been here since forever. Glad to see it gone. I mean, hopefully it's really gone. Forgive me for being skeptical, haha.
    The 1 cert decal, is that a promotion or tribute? Last time was TotalBiscuit, so I'm just curious.

New hardlight barrier look, neat. Was this on the PTS? I haven't logged on the PTS recently, so I haven't seen some of those changes. If anyone has a screenshot of it, would appreciate it. Otherwise I'll just check post-patch.
  4. iStalk

To celebrate the update, yesterday a few friends from all factions went on a drive on flashes. We recruited random people who didn't kill us. The reactions from people who saw us was funny. Imagine the mind **** seeing TR, Vanu and NC all together not killing each other just circling you telling you to join us. It was fun, if anyone is interested we might make this a normal thing, friendly drive with all factions. Last night our group was about 9 people?
    • Up x 1
  5. tommyrocket

Patch is available and looks like the maintenance is done.

11,037 MB by the way, guys. 11 gigabytes.
  6. SquirtAttack

I am unable to create the new NSO character. It allows me to enter the name and says it is available, but there is no "Next" button to continue creating the NSO character...
    • Up x 2
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are working on this.
  8. JibbaJabba

You'll notice your overall game footprint shrunk.

That is not 11Gigs *added* to your install. That 11gigs replaces it.
  9. octagon6

Dear TR-Comrades
    I'am really looking forward into finishing the download. Best regards to the team shipping such an huge release!
    Eagerly wating to deploy my new Hardlight Barrier for certs to flow.
    Next stop Vulkan ;) be it DXVK for now.
    Vanu be with you, Freedom!
  10. SquirtAttack

Verizon FIOS Gigabit Internet helps.. :) Took about 1 minute for me to download the update.
  11. Kristan

Important PSA!

Make sure to copy the setting files which are UserOptions.ini and InputProfile_User.xml before updating the client. Game just reinstalls itself anew and your settings will be set to default.
  12. tommyrocket

Getting some worse performance on my system. (i5 4690k @ 3.9ghz), (16gb 1666mhz ddr3 ram), (GTX 750Ti), and Windows 10 Pro.

Going to try a new UserOptions.ini file and see if that helps.
  13. Technologist

6 Year Player. Game stopped working after the update. Test DX11 Test server worked last week with higher frame rates but PS2 won't start today after update.

Planetside client loads so I can fix game assets but I'm getting this error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" when I click Play.

I would post Screen shots but I'm not on the system as I'm reverting to an older non insider program build.

Anyone else have this issue? Any simple fix?

Battleye pops up but game then closes and battleye says game is unable to launch.

Tried game assets fix, full reinstall, reinstall in a new shorter directory.
    Turned off all Firewalls and Antivirus stuff.

Tried setting Admin privileges and checked for full permissions to PS2 launcher and the planetside exe files.
    I am running Windows 10 Insider version 1903 so that might be the problem. I'm also running SLI GTX 1080 ti's. The SLI worked fine on DX 11 and Test server last week. Someone will probably jump in and say SLI never worked for PS2 but that's 100% incorrect if you modify nvidia inspector you can get both cards to full speed.

I'm doing a windows revert back to version 1809 non insider to see if that fixes it (that's going to take about 3 hours even with Raid 0 2TB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD's as it's restoring off a HD. If not I'll kill SLI or remove a card to see if that fixes the issue.

I do have a second rig I can test PS2 on.
    Any advise would be helpful.
    Thanks.
  14. Technologist

OK mines still updating but I traced back another user with the same problem. The fix for him was to revert back to Windows 10 1809 (not the insider version)

QUOTE:
    "Sisk S'jet added a comment - 25 Apr 2019 9:22 AM
    Now I have the same problem with the live version from 25.04.2019.
    It probably is an error related with the upcoming windows version 1904, because I can play it with the 1809 version of windows."
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-3942?jql=text ~ "Windows cannot access the specified device"
  15. Technologist

Ok this looks like anyone running the new PS2 DX11 and Windows 10 insider builds are going to have this problem until BattlEye is updated. There are 3 workarounds that I found but have not tried yet as my system is still reverting to 1809.

1. Go back to Windows 10 1809 (non insider version)

2. or Change battleye user permissions as per this post: https://steamcommunity.com/app/359550/discussions/1/1742231705669382811/

3. or This might work. Swap out the BEService_x64.exe that's with the PS2 DX11 update with the old DX9 version or from another Game that has an aproved battleye DX11 QUOTE " I renamed the BEService_x64.exe under the siege\BattlEye folder, and copied the the BEService_x64.exe from the pubg\BattleEye folder there, and then was able to launch Siege again without the error.

4. Just wait for the developers to Fix Battleye PS2 with DX11
  16. sIcGER

Ummm - when i start the game it gives me an error message: 'Needs windows 7 Service Pack 1 Platform Update' :confused:

I have Service Pack 1 installed ...o_O

edit: nvm - install that platform update right now - never heard of it :D
  17. Bagger1971

i5 8600K 3.60 Ghz
    Similar. I was running low settings with DX9 was at 130fps in WG and 80-90 in big fights. Now, with DX11, I get 75ish in WG, spikes to 217, big fights im at 40-50 with spikes to 160-170. Any fix?
  18. Technologist

Same thing happens when I run Windows XP!!!!
  19. Technologist

Reverting to Windows 10 1809 fixed it. It looks like Planetside2 DX11 is not setup for Microsofts Windows Insider Program yet.
  20. DarkStarAnubis

Recursion StatTracker stopped working for me. I can still hear audio but the graphic overlay is not operating. Am I the only one with this problem?