New robot class has no new abilities???

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Voodoo4500, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Voodoo4500

Please do not launch this new NSO faction without giving it some kind of new abilities. That would be seriously sad and lazy.
  2. viend

their new ability is to play on any side brother
    • Up x 2
  3. Voodoo4500

Thanks not an ability lol. I mean these are freaken ROBOTS and they're going to be exactly like all the other faction classes?? Nothing new other than a new 3D model?? Thats sad.
  4. bwilson

What would your suggestion be? They already shoot lazers out of their freakin heads? What else do you want?
    • Up x 1
  5. Blue_Lion

Perhaps a non humanoid shaped body in place of max.
    A six leg weapons platform that can not pilot vehicles.
    Or a light wheel based weapon platform.
    (that will really make them fill special.)

Perhaps make the main battle tank for them an mech unit.

(they do not join any faction they join the faction with the lowest pop and do not get that factions weapons and vehicles. So some sort of NS heavy tank and air craft that any one can use or special robot vehicles would be needed so they can fill some of those rolls.)

The easiest option for programing would probably be to allow them to unlock any factions weapons perhaps an option to use them regardless of what faction you are helping.
  6. Jac70

It would be more of a task than you realise to give them new abilities, introducing anything really new would take months of balancing and then years of tweaking on live. Only thing that struck me about them was that they are healed by the medic rather than repaired by the engineer - that would be an interesting change to gameplay if the engineer was able to keep soldiers fighting.
  7. OneShadowWarrior

I know! I was actually disappointed in their performance. Less weapon choices, no empire specifics via tank, aircraft or max and nothing unique.

Not even voice packs and very lack luster weapon selection to boot.

There is nothing I see at all that makes these robots outstanding, except the visual novelty of a tin can robot, that’s it.
  8. Liewec123

he does have a point, its a membership only thing and what do you get?
    you get to always play on the underpopped faction...joy!
    with vastly less weapon choices, no empire specific stuff (which is where all of the goodies are), no MBT no ESF no max.
    so you get to be constantly underpooped and undergeared, and it'll only cost you 9.99 a month! JOY!

they do need something, anything to make you want to handicap yourself like that.