[Suggestion] Automatic Bounty System for Camping Vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Magma52, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Magma52

Because why not? It wouldn't even be unrealistic...in war, such a thing would be treated as a high-priority target over comms.

Nobody likes trying to fight at Waterson's Redemption while a dozen HESH tanks sit on the surrounding hills, or when a Kobalt ANT sits forever behind a low wall at XenoTech Labs while annihilating everyone inside.

Assign an automatic bounty to any vehicle that is doing both of the following:
    • Has been in a 20m square area for more than a minute.
    • Is getting infantry kills...I say that to avoid penalising vehicle-versus-vehicle combat, where being stationary is often necessary for the defence of a base.
    System wouldn't apply to Sunderers, due to their role as spawn points.

Alternative solution I suppose would be to remodel some bases...but that's unlikely.

Thoughts? Good or bad idea? Some who know me might point out that I farm, but at least I am always moving and I am never in an armoured vehicle ;)
    • Up x 3
  2. DarkStarAnubis

I would rather have automatic bounties dished to TKillers...
    • Up x 3
  3. Liewec123

those farmers will have racked up quite a bit of XP yes?
    i propose that rather than special parameters for applying bounties to vehicles under very specific circumstances
    we simply make it XP based!

any player over a certain high xp threshold in a single life would get a bounty applied to them,
    this could be an annoying sniper, a farming vehicle, or just a really good player.

this would both reward skilled players with the ego boost of a bounty, (who doesn't like getting a bounty!?)
    and also encourage enemies to step it up and take out annoying targets!
    win win!
    • Up x 1
  4. PlanetBound

I prefer vehicles to not move around. Makes it a whole lot easier to kill them.
    • Up x 1
  5. Campagne

I don't really like the idea personally.

Giving bounties to players who are likely to get a large number of kills within the next three deaths actually sort of just rewards them. It might end up encouraging farmers by making them even more profitable.
    • Up x 1
  6. chamks

i like it
  7. JobiWan

How about an auto-bounty for shotgun flashes? ;)
  8. Pelojian

vehicles should be a high priority target if they are shelling a base merely on the fact they are a threat, not because they got an auto bounty, sorry but your suggestion seems more along the lines of trying to get people to fight vehicles for the carrot rather then trying to break the stick.

if vehicles weren't meant to fight infantry then they wouldn't have HEAT or HESH, they would only have AP getting an automatic bounty for killing infantry in a tank is as stupid as getting an automatic bounty for killing an infantryman as an infantryman, you are also watering down the bounty markers, if someone has a bounty right now it's highly likely the bounty target is an actual threat to people rather then a mild annoyance.

more and more vehicles are being reduced in effectiveness to cater to infantryside *just because* infantry are brainless for the most part outside of their infantry farm. look at the rear armor changes, tanks will now die easier to the front and sides while their rear isn't as vulnerable, all the while watering down the skill ceiling of tanks in the process.

if tanks are shelling your base it means there are no people actively fighting them on foot or in vehicles, can you really blame them for shelling you? no.

the reason why tanks end up shelling bases is because so many people can pull vehicles to fight them and keep them away from bases but 90-95% of the available people never pull anything other then a sunderer or a flash, cuz mah infantryside.

people should want to kill tanks merely because they are shelling a base and you are already rewarded with XP for destorying vehicles or even damaging them, more exp will not motivate infantryside to kill vehicles.

what next? will infantry automatically get bounties if they stand around on a CP for 20 seconds?

if vehicles become a problem, go kill them, don't go muh infantryside and ignore them then whine when a tank shell gets you.