[Suggestion] Improve bonus for POP Imbalance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BorgUK1of9, Mar 27, 2019.

1. BorgUK1of9

I think its been 2 years now a lot of us have posted about DBG dealing with the population imbalances and they haven't. The fundamental issue for VS across the servers are they are low pop empire, why well we know why. Its not the most fun empire to play thanks to stupid decisions made by the SOE developers at release and the many bugs particular to the empire (Magmowing TK's and ESFs that flip over for no reason just to name 2).

I understand at this stage of the game life your not going to redesign our tank so it doesn't have its main gun fixed on the front or any of the other issues but what you can do is boost the XP differential considerably to offset these fubars to 2 x what it is now on scaling.

Right now the pop on Miller is 24% VS 36% TR and 36% NC, there is an alert on that we do not stand a chance of winning. It's getting tiresome never winning alerts (daytime) or the nice things that come with them due to low pop (and that NC are scared of fighting TR on Miller). 19% XP boost is nothing it needs to be 40% then at least the casual or new players might balance things out a bit.

The other choice is to introduce character transfer, let the vets with a lot of real money invested in their characters leave these servers and go to one where the pop is better and the outfits more active.
  2. TR5L4Y3R

"Its not the most fun empire"

on avarage maybe .. personaly i enjoy VS a hell of a lot and i think with few exceptions VS has a pretty good pool of weapons and tools to use ..

what would server transfer do? cool the vets get to better populated servers, the rest gets the finger having invested a lot of time into their characters getting a pottentionaly worse experience than before .. ..

xp bonuses won´t do much ... like what you get some more xp from the one time you killed a person were you have died already 10 times ...

popimballance imo requires bonus nanites for a real gameplaydifference were the less populated faction can spawn more vehicles and nanitetools vs the overpopfaction ...

that all aside NS operatives will be a thing were subscriptionplayers get to a factionless soldier but that will suport the underpoped faction ...
  3. BorgUK1of9

If we ever see the NS Operatives, its been so long since they announced it I thought it had been shelved.

XP or extra nanites something needs to be done.

Players either go this is a crap game and quit or change empire making the situation worse.

As to character transfer, this isnt something new, Blizzard have had it for what 10 years. The fact is on Miller the Outfit Experience is pretty much dead, there is one semi active outfit on Miller now and that seems to be VCBC. DIG the biggest outfits leaders have left and its a rare thing now to see actual teamplay which is what this game is about.
  4. DeadlyOmen

Join a large, good platoon.

You will never notice the imbalance.
  5. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We are aware of the ongoing troubles with population balance, and intend to adjust things to encourage more even balances. The NS Operatives system will be a small step for this. Thanks for the feedback!
  6. strikearrow

What annoys me about balance is when I wait in queue and then see people way off on another side of the map - unconnected by miles from their faction - doing nothing for their faction except trying to be annoying to the other 2 factions fighting. It means the other 2 factions basically have a pop advantage larger than the stated % gaps.
  7. Atorum

Emerald is in the same situation TR wise, NC which has highest population all the time avoids fighting VS unless really necessary (cant blame NC there since VS is full of cheaters, Brazilians and East Asian laggers) and since most VS outfits have some fetish for TR or PTSD from TR the poor TR gets doubleteamed everyday, its almost impossible to win an alert.I miss playing on Miller, Russians there were awesome compared to the cancer Brazilians and East Asians bring.

Im starting to see why people say PS1 was better, this redepolyside and zerging is getting tiresome.
    • Up x 1
  8. I'm so dead

Them horrible lat are a huge pain. Put 30 rounds into someone. They don't even lose shield even though the hit detection is going in everyhit. They shoot and you did pretty much die instantly (after third shot but hear one ding to the head). I had a TR heavy I headshot over 17 times point blank range before he even shot. I still lost :( (one of many btw of this happening).

TR is not the only one that gets double teamed though. NC gets it extremely bad on the most part...except today was in a long while TR got doubled to Warpgate on Indar on Emerald server.
  9. BorgUK1of9

Thanks for letting us know that your on it, will persevere until we see some change just please let us see something in the next month or so, two years a lot of us have been posting for this to be addressed and looking at posts here from other servers same issue different empires so its game issue then not a faction problem.
  10. ArtyIsBalanced

Just to state this: the last primetime alerts on Emerald I played were won either bei TR or NC...after an initial territorial lead by VS we just got doubleteamed, and had to focus on on NC because we would otherwise be completely overpopped by a 96+ TR zerg...
    And please, please stop that "cheater" thing...I've seen only 4 cheaters in the time I've been playing now, and all of them were on Cobalt.
  11. AlcyoneSerene

Agree with most of that. VS tends to antagonize or warpgate both factions, then when the alert starts all public squads vanish if not most VS population and end up second last. Often goes on periods of win streaks, followed by low pop.

No one really likes to fight VS. Still don't know exactly why besides being blinded by their light show.

VS tends to be very effective. I still don't know exactly how or why. Randoms seem more team oriented and supportive naturally, overall most friendly and communicative, but this can't be the full picture.

NC tends to be ineffective, despite (in my view) showing some of the best organization and use of armor. Suspecting the randoms there hold the faction back like dead weight. I haven't played NC enough, but have always had an ok time with or without squads.

TR seems very ineffective. It might benefit from allocating population and armor where needed and more on-demand. Lately suffers from low population, and it's very sad to see this.

The continent lock alerts need some adjustment.
    1. Fix the persistent bug so we can actually see which alert is truly active at any given time. End-game scoreboard being bugged does not help new players.
    2. Make between-continent alert efforts meaningful: Right now the alerts truly start at the ~40 min mark, with the faction that appears the weakest with the least territory standing the best chance to win during prime time. Off-peak it's who has the most population with more squads running. As it is now, peak hours efforts are self-defeating.
    3. Discourage alert faction switching: clearly there's some incentive for players to shift away from the losing faction. This invites randomness (population shifts) over reward for meaningful gameplay. Not saying winning alerts is everything, but to those who have fun trying if they feel like it, make it count.
  12. AllRoundGoodGuy

I can second this motion, if I ever have a choice/opportunity I will rather fight TR rather then VS any day of the week. I think I was emotionally scarred as a nc noob when I fought against this vanu "try-hard" outfit. Think it was dasanfall, and is full of people who are really really good at the game. If I ever see them in a fight 9/10 times I will just leave. Not saying that the tr doesn't have it's share of pro players, but it does seem more common in the vs. Could just be confirmation bias though......
  13. Beerbeerbeer

I’m the opposite, I like fighting VS because it’s easy. I get the highest K/D fighting them. Not sure if it’s just a general lack of skilled players playing that empire or if it’s more systemic to the empire itself. The only drawback is fighting them at night.
  14. strikearrow

You must not run on Emerald or Connery
  15. Beerbeerbeer

I am on Emerald and the VS are easy. They never break 29% pop during prime time, either, which makes the fights even easier.

Great faction to fight for stat ******.