Quick method of grinding certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tovarisch Maxim, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Tovarisch Maxim

I do aware of Premium and boosters, thats not exactly what I want to ask about.

Whats the easiest way to grind certs? I assume It's playing the engineer by repairing maxes/vehicles/equipment and throwing shield mines to keep your allies shielded.

Do you guys know of a good method of farming lots of certs?
  2. Liewec123

the best way without already investing certs is probably what you said, throw ammo everywhere and repair maxes/vehicles :D
    also spend 50 certs on sunderer Deployment Shield and deploy a sunderer somewhere useful so people spawn!

my absolute favourite at the moment though is a medic with fully certed Triage and shield bubble on a scout flash,
    it takes quite a few certs to set up though!
    but you get:
    scout radar XP for every enemy death in the area,
    shield regen xp,
    healing xp,
    revive xp (you can revive from the back seat)
    and kill/assist xp (i like Kobalt but am also fond of spamming Buzzard at the doorway for tons of assist xp from the spalsh)
    and you get ribbons for all of the above giving you nice big chunks of xp regularly

[IMG]
    (this was double xp weekend at a busy TI Alloys fight, i made 50 certs in 15 seconds... doing absolutely nothing.)
    (note: i'm a member so its way more xp than you'd get playing full freebie, but its still a very fast way of getting certs)

not only is the XP great, but for holding a doorway/chokepoint it also really really helps your allies!
    they have radar awareness of all of the enemies,
    their shields constantly regenerate,
    and their health constantly regenerates too, you can even heal maxes!
    • Up x 3
  3. JobiWan

Get a flash with scout radar, max out your triage for medic, ride round big fights. For extra bonus certs if you're in a squad use the squad logistics implant so fellow planetmans can spawn on said cert farmer.
  4. T.A.94

You just made my day I have to try this out
  5. JibbaJabba

The flash suggestion above is real. Have seen several folks do that.

An Ant works a bit better for fights occurring in multiple buildings or outdoor. Same concept with the triage and radar. A sundy can also be used but strangely Ants don't take lots of enemy fire while sundies do.

Speaking of Ant - You can get pretty sick certs just cortium mining. For maximum cheese do the following:
    1. Spend some certs to max the cortium radar. Spend some certs to get the storage up (don't max it initially...diminishing returns).
    2. Pull an Ant, fill it up right there in the warpgate.
    3. Drive on out to the nearest empty area, build silo, fill it.
    4. Go look for more cortium. You get some certs for harvesting, but lots for depositing. A few runs will also get you daily medals for bonus certs.
    5. **If you come across a 35k pile, build a silo right next to it even if it means destroying your previous silo, Fill 'er up**
  6. Sazukata

I find that having fun is the best way to build up certs. I know this sounds like a cheesy answer, but consider: You want to rake it in with the least amount of effort/inconvenience. Doing your best to enjoy the gameplay itself helps to have it not feel like too much of a grind. "A watched pot never boils", as you may have heard.

That said... That Flash setup looks super helpful to the team, and insanely lucrative as a bonus. I might look into it.
  7. Tovarisch Maxim

That sounds great, but where you are supposed to find such crowded places for farm? Because I couldn't.
  8. Pacster3

Yeah, this was more of a once in a lifetime situation especially on double xp. Usually you have then some other medic with shield and healing around...which pretty much decreases your gains. Then the question is how long the farm lasted. I mean, if you need to search for 30 minutes for such a situation and after 1 minute it's over again(either cause your side or their side pushes)...well...

Cortium farming is usually the most boring option but the gains are pretty much guaranteed. 3 tips there: DON'T build your silo on or too close to a cortium spawn cause then the cortium can't spawn there again. If you don't want to drive 3 seconds then at least be smart enough to rip the silo down afterwards.
    If you got several cortium spawn...especially one that is 35k...always start mining the smallest one. Cause by the time you are done with the big one the small ones will likely have respawned already(at least if you have been smart enough to not build your silo too close!).
    Don't get the buyable mining laser. The time gains are not that huge and you are only faster if you stop mining before overheating or if you switch back and forth between second seat(or if you only mine 2k nodes where your laser won't overheat that often). If you just keep the trigger pulled you are actually 5 seconds slower than with the standard laser on 6k cortium nodes(the howler overheats like 3 times there). So unless you plan on making mining a stressy job for minimum time gains don't buy the Howler.
  9. JibbaJabba

Use the Ant variant of the technique. Pull it up to any base where attackers are pushing a well defended point.
  10. adamts01

One wonders why this game is bleeding players with such engaging gameplay.
  11. ArcKnight

how does scout radar help?
  12. Liewec123

every time an enemy within the scout radar radius gets killed you get xp! :D

its actually really fun playing triage flash :)
    i like rolling up to damaged maxes and seeing their suprise when the medic starts healing them!
    its also great because you have vehicle weapons indoors, enemies attack and are met with a Kobalt!
    plus with my implants i have way more health than a standard infantry player, and constant health and shield regen :D

just any of the active fights, get on the point and stick near your allies :)
  13. ArcKnight

does this apply to other vehicles as well?
  14. TR5L4Y3R

personally i am mostly farming cortium .. requires a bit of luck with the cortiumspawns but i get like 120 to 150 cortium in 45 min to an hour unboosted .. about 300 in the same ammount of time during a double xp weekend ..
    problem with this while it is the easiest to farm cortium it´s the most boring way ...

otherwise in combat, get a sundy and let people spawn from it, play either as medic and heal/revive people or play as engineer and throw arround ammopacks, repair maxes, lay down mana turrets at chokepoints and turn planetmans to mincemeat ..

i´m still of the opinion dbg should give xp done on damage in general instead of only kills/killassists ..
    and many of the weapondirectives especialy those for supression and deterance need to be changed ..
  15. Liewec123

Yep!
    Every vehicle with scout radar gives you xp when an enemy in the scout radius dies,
    Air have the biggest scout radar radius so many A2G farmers run it for extra certs (and also to find infantry to kill!)

You can also get this scout xp as infantry,
    Infiltrators recon darts and recon devices give you xp when an enemy dies while detected by your device/darts
    And any class can use the crossbow secondary with detection darts for the same effect
    (though with a much smaller radius and duration)
  16. ArcKnight

*dumps hard earned certs into my vehicles then laughs maniacally in the background creeping out my platoon*
  17. Lee Weldon

I'll raise a few ideas because I don't feel like theres fun to be had in those methods.

grenade bandoolier + revive grenades is good too. I never bothered getting the bandoolier but throwing revive grenades certainly removes the threat of dying to getting too rez happy. Maybe less certs than the flash? I haven't tried it, but then atleast you're playing the game.

My second method is by picking an underpopulated amp station and just going around toggling the generators, sorta playing like you're scared of dying but still, this is a conducive strategy in terms of pushing points (I think its 250 xp every gen?). I did this for about an hour one time and some fairly bad guy on the other team was just toggling the points back, but i did get about 200 certs in 1 hour of doing this on f2p.

I want to add that I think engineer is terrible for certs, maybe just my experience, but the ticks may be bountiful but if its going up by like 10 every repair then you're going to need 7 and a half ticks just to match one revive, in which sometimes i pull off 3 rezes in one grenade (though rare).
  18. Liewec123

If your after a fun method, grenade bandolier and sticky nades is hilarious (and profitable!)
    In busy situations, every time you stick someone they always seem to run to their buddies XD
    With bandolier and hurling 4 of them into a crowded room you can expect some hilarious carnage and a ton of certs,
    The fun increases if you get ASP skill that let's infil carry stickies,
    now you can stalk behind the zerg before unleashing your sticky little monsters,
  19. DeadlyOmen

It is great to see imaginative gameplay.