NC Maxes way Overnerfed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Mar 22, 2019.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I play all 3 Empires, so this is not a NC rant.

However, Hacksaws are completely worthless now, Scatmax sort of works where you can get a few kills but it is not longer a contender compared to the TR or VS Maxes. I am glad I never got the Grinder or Mattock, although the shotgun maxes were a little overkill, why couldn't you come up with Gauss firepower alternatives? If you wanted to equalize it for Vanu or TR, why couldn't you come up with a NS shotgun variant? Was that so hard of a idea?

It is not the NC Players fault that the game was released in this way and granted the NC maxes were very dominant in capture points, but to be honest DB, you went to extreme and gave a all or nothing choice to NC players no different than what had been done to TR with so many items from the Banshee, Prowler, Vulcan and Striker.

In short I would just like the option to completely refund my Scatcannon and Hacksaws and just dump the max suit class for NC and just rely on Gorgons now.

Nuff said!
  2. Pacster3

I don't get what striker has to do with all or nothing. If you don't have striker you still have the same weapons all others factions got.

Why should TR and VS get shotguns? Then you could as well take all their other guns cause they would not be used anymore do to shotguns being better. It would just result in even more MAX shotgun cancer...and not make it any better.
  3. Towie

Alas - history shows that anything that is deemed very OP (and believe me, there's been plenty) tends to get nerfed into something that it no longer worth using.

VS and TR have had this - Lancer, Gatekeeper, Zoe, PPA to name but a few. All turned into useless and barely used.

NC maxes have utterly dominated CQC for so very long that it's going to be hard to adjust. I remember a post a while ago from a Vulcan Harasser gunner complaining that a Mjolnir managed to beat it in a CQC slug fest - he was just so used to totally dominating absolutely every enemy Harasser at all distances that it didn't seem fair, yet he quite obviously hadn't put up with the misery of Mjolnir v1 for the may months beforehand.

So now - NC will have to do something else other than place a Max or two on a point to have assured success. NC will have to adjust.

As for the refund - this is a spiky subject. Would all those Scatter Maxes be happy if all the XP won by their dominance be removed for a refund ?

Afraid it's a case of suck it up and move on.
  4. Trephanation

Get over it.

The year of the VS Max is nigh.
  5. Liewec123

PSA is out soon, we can't have PS2 being too good can we!?
    the devs need to find ways to Wrel it into the floor so people will move over to PSA.
    it seems they're targetting the NC players first, makes sense, they're the most popular faction!
    what we think is the devs having absolutely no clue how to balance their game is actually a strategic move to kill PS2.
    its worked for me, one less subscriber! Wreldone devs!
  6. Malteser

I wonder, how did the game actually work 4-5 years ago? At that time, there were no mines against MAX, no special rifles for the engineers against the MAX, C4 was not available for almost every class to destroy MAX, MAX still had the ability to storm. I think as the next logical step, should you take all a leg and an arm away from MAX, then you should finally have taken the MAX out of the game and everyone is satisfied. Oops I forgot, 4-5 years ago many people played the game .... and all that with the OP-MAX. Maybe only the crybabies are really stay here.
    • Up x 1
  7. pnkdth

Back then it was ExplosionSide2. Frags and C4 were tactical nukes, LOLpods had larger AOE and hurt a lot more, tanks spammed and farmed (no walls separating or protecting), and MAX units were there as clean-up (thanks to their durability. NC was the meta for all competitive events (with VS tagging along till they removed the 0.75x mod).

It was a brutal meat grinder for infantry. Sadly, with the competitive events and stat sites, KDR and MLG dank stats became what people ended up caring about the most and thus the era of "NERF EVERYTHING!!!" started. Shame really, the harsh existence for infantry often meant they stuck together to achieve tough objectives.
  8. Clay

I still remember these times.

It was glorious.
  9. Crash Bandicoot

The people that want MAXes out of the game should not be playing PS2 in the first place. This is the nature of the game itself, it's not fair (I like it!), it demands different playstyles and it's not your typical FPS game. Many people don't seem to get or accept such a thing. It stands out from the rest FPS games and this is one basic reason many of us still play and enjoy the game.

If someone grabs a MAX and destroys you, then do something about it (I am not referring to you personally). You can grab a MAX yourself if you want to. It's not a faction specific trait. The game is supposed to be balanced between factions. The actual gameplay and how you deal with different situations is up to the players and what is the proper course of action for each one of them. Saying that you want them erased from the game, like some other things, is ridiculous. It's one of these things that makes PS2 special.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pacster3

Yay, for NC inferiority complex hitting on conspiracy theories...
    • Up x 1
  11. AllRoundGoodGuy

Going to pull a pikachu...

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. JibbaJabba

The anti-infantry on the NC Max seems fine to me right now. No more instagib (don't care what it says on paper) but dead is still dead. Infantry don't drop quickly though so it's easy to get outnumbered. Clip sizes suddenly seem really small.

My remaining concern is in the Max VS Max area. I've not gotten a good chance on live to get many such engagements so for me the jury is still out. It does look bad on paper though.
  13. Liewec123

yay for ACCEPTANCE OF SIMPLE STATISTICS.
    NC maxes clearing rooms with their 1000ms infantry TTKs, lack of range and zero sustained fire,
    was it flying too Pacster, tell us it was flying...

i know you're BSing, you know you're BSing, we all know you are BSing.
    • Up x 1
  14. Cyvr

Pls leave this conversations if you have no account higher than level 5 and haven't played since 2013 so pls shut the f*ck up.

NC MAXES SUCK, IF NO ALTERNATIVE THEY SHOULD GET A NEW NON-SHOTGUN WEAPON!!!
  15. Silkensmooth

The devs said max should never have been added to the game in their current iteration. Higby didn't listen and put them in anyway, later admitting he probly shouldnt have.

Whereas infantry vs infantry is fun, fighting maxes is not fun for anyone but the max.

Call it combined arms blah blah and therefore its ok, but no one enjoys getting insta gibbed by a Max.

NC max is still all over the place.

I tried to c4 one saturday night. He still killed me before i could detonate.

Sorry your super easy mode kill streak weapon is gone, but its better for the game overall and still a powerful weapon.
  16. Crash Bandicoot

When did the devs say such a thing? And if they did, in what way they said it? Why didn't they take action all these years? Are you taking it out of context?

Nobody enjoys getting killed in general. Nobody likes getting killed by a tank shell. Nobody likes being headshotted. What do you want? Remove headshots from the game that is one of the main features in every FPS game?

And who said fighting MAXes is not fun for anyone? Who are you to talk about everybody else? I enjoy it and I believe it adds flavour to the game.

The problem is that you are not interested in them, you do not like them and probably you don't know how to effectively face them. I suspected that you don't play as a MAX at all and it came to be true while I checked your characters. So when you are in the receiving end of it, it all seems unfair to you and you get b*tthurt. The fact that you cannot effectively c4 a MAX in most encounters while others can do it (ofc not all the time), is an issue that YOU have to figure out. You can't form a healthy opinion in that case and the problem lies within you.

Also, why would you be sorry for me? Look at my avatar. I mostly play TR and I am not a MAX main or anything like that. I do enjoy playing as a MAX every now and then though, enough to know what I am talking about unlike you.
    • Up x 1
  17. Scrundle

Not making any comment on the power or recent changes of NC AI MAX weaponry but as an engineer main whose Archer is always firmly glued between her buttocks, I get excited when I see an enemy max. A big soft target to punch my explosive shells through at any range. And it makes lovely glowing hearts when I hit them! :p
  18. Pacster3

But, but, but...how? I mean, okay...against NC MAXes...they got no range(they never had according to NC). But VS and TR MAXes are downright killers on long range(according to NC again) with pin point accuracy that can easily dumb a whole magazine into your head just keeping the trigger pulled...you should not stand a chance there. /sarcasm
    • Up x 1
  19. Demigan

Ah pacster, always trying to twist the truth as much as possible to get his "win".

Range is relative to what you compare it to. A shotgun has a shorter effective range than a CQC Carbine, even though they are both CQC weapons. In fact something like the GD-7F can be used at 50m range and have a chance of defeating an opponent. You'll be at a disadvantage but its possible.
    In the meantime that shotgun isnt going to be effective beyond 10 to 15m. The CQC Carbine has more than 3X the range where it can be used in and still sports similar TTK's!

This also counts for MAX's. The VS and TR MAX's have the accuracy, the damage and the magazine size to bring a +/-50m or even 70m fight to a conclusion. The conclusion could be a HA dumbfiring too quickly instead of taking his time, but this is something the NC MAX simply isnt capable off. Its effective range is too short due to the small magazine, low accuracy (including pelletspread) and immense damage dropoffs.

Ofcourse you can keep trolling and twisting everything, but you arent fooling anyone.
  20. TR5L4Y3R

... thoughts on the hotfix? i think it still needs more ammo ...