How is this event fun?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Mar 21, 2019.

1. FredM

It is doable. I found 3 already, 1 missed because I did not know what is was (thought a graphics glitch), then I found the other 2 what I collected. 1 time I was in my tank, the other time I was walking, the third I found cruising around with a harraser. So I am chasing my 3rd (4th) one now.
  2. FredM

The last one I found on Indar while driving an Sundy. But this does not give you the knife yet, you have to complete two more event objectives. But I am not sure as a TR I want a pink knife? No.
  3. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Heads up because not everyone seems to know - the shinies always spawn in the same areas. It's not random like the snowmen/pumpkins.
  4. JibbaJabba

Yep, there is a map over on Reddit of every spot you can line up to be teamkilled at.
  5. AgentRed

First I would like to thank you for commenting for the people that didn't know about the locations. But my issue is the limited amount and the respawn times taking way too longer per. It took me a very long time just to get the shinies. I had to pretty much quit plaything the game for 12hours and just camp a few sites just to complete. Then while you are camping a location people are pretty much tking each other just to get the limited amount that is on the map. If it was respawn rates were take from 30-60min respawn times to like 5-20mins people could get to the fight without having to freak out about completing the event.
  6. FredM

In the meantime I found 5. Thats easy guys and I had no map
  7. Gustavo M

"It only took me 15 hours!HAHA l2p noobs"
  8. Armcross

Is this our version of Battle Royal?
  9. Scrundle

As soon as the servers came up after the patch I was there grinding for the knife and I had it in my sweaty hands the next morning.
    I'm not going to pretend it was fun though. And that's the important part of the whole matter, if the game isn't fun then what are we playing for? Personally if I had to ram needles under my fingernails to log-in i'd still play but that's because I'm a fool and it shouldn't be the way the game is designed.

By the way, you want to know how you can help make this event better for everyone? Camp the Vine at Gourney Dam as a stalker infiltrator and knife everyone who comes to empower their blade ;) (Doing this does however mean you have no soul and are a bad person)
  10. Jac70

Think I spoke to soon - must have just got lucky 'cos I haven't seen one of the ****ers for days. I have been Auraxium'ing my ANT last couple of days so have quite a few hours of play. Generally driving around the place and I have not seen anything, Today I have had a day free and have spent 4 hours traipsing all over Esamir and Indar and not seen found any. There is a spot on Indar at the SW I have found one before - spent an hour driving around that spot today and nowt.

You should really make these things less of a chore. Stop with the 100 knife kills cancer and make the reward worthwhile - you should have made that Auraxium prize an Exceptional weapon.
  11. chamks

while the shining mission could be better by more randoming the place and time, also in some point someone in reddit posted the shinning map in each continent which kinda ruined the fun in search, the quest i hated the most is the medic quest. it pulls you from playing good. i ran with the medic tool like a fresh noob trying to revive ppl while feeding the enemy. because when you play medic, its about playing good, not reviving mindlessly every skeleton on the map. in fact someone can die 10m from me and wont revive him because the sundy is close and its too dungerouse, normaly.
  12. Desann

Well said.

Gone are the days of delayed gratification. Its all about the GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW NOW NOW. Hence all modern game titles are utter crap. I play this game because I love PLANETSIDE but more and more it becomes just another shooter.

Also, I cannot stand games that promote knifing. This is a SHOOTER.....shoot stuff.
  13. P149U3

Took me 2 days to complete....you're excuses are invalid. If you don't want to take the time to get it, don't do it. Complaining about it wont get you anything. Everyone always wants to be given stuff and not have to earn it. "uuuuhhhh its so haaaaaaard.... DBG make it easier because i don't want to have to work hard for it"
  14. Exileant

o_O Did I miss this event? I have been exploring anthem like it was going to vanish one day.... :confused: A knife that hurts vehicles? Vanu-say whaaaaaaaa? :eek: