Wyrm and ESF A2A

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by TR5L4Y3R, Feb 20, 2019.

1. TR5L4Y3R

so A2A missiles are getting nerfed against esf´s so they are getting dodged more easily but it gets a new weapon that can deal damage to both heavy armored aircraft and esf´s/valks with propper aim?

.... yea i call BS on this simply for the reason that DBG again caters to the skynights with this, giving novices basicaly next to no chance of dealing damage reliably to esf´s ... and it is already a risk of running a secondary weapon when facing a interceptor esf with fuelpods .. especialy against a veteran cause for any novice the flightcontrols are still a ss ..
    in other words novices that don´t fly with fully crewed valks or libs have basicaly no place to be in the air otherwise .. if AA duty is neccesary we are stuck with tickleguns and easy to dodge useless lockon rocketlaunchers ...

this is just another change that adds to the reasons new players wont stay for long ..
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

airgame is all but dead to anyone who isnt a 24/7 skyknight anyway,
    so i don't mind DBG doublling down on the "skyknights only" airgame.
    (Apparently that must be the goal, it is the only outcome of these changes.)

though it is yet another example of the recent random "un-balance" changes to make us question their sanity.
  3. Silkensmooth

How did so called 'skyknights' become so called 'skyknights'?

Did they just start the game and were much better than everyone else at flying?

Or did they start out bad and took their lumps and practiced and got better?

The answer is that they started out bad like everyone else.

If you want to fly and you are bad, as you will be if you havent practiced, find a friend and duel for a couple of hours.

2 hours of dueling will get you as much experience as many days of live flying.

Live flying will likely result in you dying without getting much chance at all to return fire.

After 2 hours of dueling you will be decent.

After 8 hours of dueling you will be amazing.

Also most of the so-called 'skyknights' of which i have been accused, are more than happy to help new pilots learn. Contrary to popular belief most decent pilots dont want to fight noobs who cant fly as its very boring.

I was terrible at flying, probly worse than most. I didnt get my first solo kill until 3 days played in ESF. Of course back then it was harder, we didnt have asp for cheaper ESF and we had timers which started at 15 mins between pulls and could be certed down to 5.

It would be nice if there were more pilots flying, but since the air game has been forced to the fringes thats its not fun for most people.

This game is supposed to be about large battles. And its supposed to be about combined arms.

But ESF and libs cant fight in large battles because every sundy and ant has flak. There are skyguards and ranger harassers all over the place and of course lots and lots of locks.

If you try to do even A2A near a big battle its impossible to live for more than a few seconds.

A2G is completely impossible.

They added cheese weapons, aka coyotes, they made a2a missiles overpowered and all it did was drive people AWAY from flying.

Imagine how fun infantry fighting would be with self aiming guns.

New players get wrecked by vets on the ground too, but thats OK for some reason.

New players in tanks get wrecked by veteran tank players, but we dont have self aiming weapons for them.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

didn´t read all the stuff .. to make it just short ..

new player experience ..

yes on release anyone had to learn the crap controls .. some were willing to put up with the crap controls cause they were motivated enough to rule the skies .. hence they became skyknights and just dropped the expectation on anybody else to get on their level and suffer through the same ordeal they experienced ... anyone who came after that however gets to expierence that domination and getting killed over and over AND OVER again .. until either they get on that level or just give up on it ... what do you think was more likely? ..

it´s easy to say "gid gud" .. that doesn´t change that the controls and the now nerfed weapons bring with them a crap flying learningprogression ..

the difference between air and ground is ground IS EASIER TO CONTROL ... MUCH EASIER !!! ...

"A2G is completely impossible." ... BULLFRIGGIN$HIT!!!

"Imagine how fun infantry fighting would be with self aiming guns."
    right because you can´t ballance damage output and bulletvelocity for dogging ...
    unreal lock on missiles .. ever heard of them?
    also titanfall had a lock on selfaiming gun, multilock even iirc ..
    off topic anyway ...

"This game is supposed to be about large battles. And its supposed to be about combined arms."

err yea pure a2a is not combined arms .. infantry defending/attacking with various vehicles is ..
    combined arms does not mean .. airvehicles totaly survive and can pick up infantry and vehicles despite there being AA ..
    rather depending on the size of a battle air can support ground infantry when there indeed is lack of AA against it ..

coyotes are worthless, the amount of time to fire all the salvos to down a esf takes easily double the the time to kill with the default nosegun ..

a2a lock on take so much time to lock and require to be relatively close to target, you can be happy if you even get one salvo to launch before being strucked down ...
  5. Eranorz

Don't worry, they lied.

This weapon is confirmed **** against ESFs, even the banshee/airhammer/light PPA are better for A2A then the Wyrm (just tested)
    • Up x 1
  6. TR5L4Y3R

it is said to be a dumpfireoption against airheavy armor such as liberators ... which it does a fairly good job on i have to say ..

it is capable to one clip default esf´s but the reaver (probably will with magazinextension) ..
    that AI noseguns are still more capable against esf´s does not suprise me ..

but here is the thing: for a secondaray weapon this thing is MUCH BETTER than A2A lock ons and coyotes .... ..... seriously why are coyotes even a f cking thing for esf´s with the way they are now? why? they are beyond worthless ... just utter trash .. not even worth as a2a trainingwheels neither against esf´s or valks and let´s just not talk about them as anti airheavy armor .... like realy you may as well just use podmissiles and have better luck doing propper damage ..
    and a2a locks requires your opponent being immobile and still is more of a finisherweapon than anything ...
    .... just friggin absurd ...
  7. strikearrow

Average Skynights will probably run the Wyrm instead of coyotes now.

(although True Skynights - whom I abhor - run racer chassis, extra fuel pods and the default nosegun. It really is crazy how they can run racer chassis & out-play an average pilot that knows the RM, and runs hover with coyotes)

If DBG really wanted noobs to fly, then they would make A2A locks kill ESFs in 2 salvos and kill Libs in 4 plus reduce the acquire time to about 1 second sans stealth (maybe 2 secs against stealth). They would also allow refits instead of re-pulling on ESFs - just like Maxes.
  8. Eranorz

Right. I haven't been informed yet of how the general lock-on changes affected coyotes, just assumed it was a big nerf to Tomcats. What are 'yotes like now?

Generally I think what another poster said above will happen, ppl will just try to use the wyrm instead of 'yotes if they really are that badly nerfed.

However, it needs to be said (which I can confirm after testing), the Wyrm in no way, shape or form can compete with how devastating coyotes were against ESFs(again, assuming they are that badly nerfed) before the patch as a secondary/shoot-while-reloading weapon.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

there weren´t any changes to coyotes, but imho they do TOO little damage on their own to be usefull for novices ...
    it easily takes double the time to down a esf with coyotes alone than with the default nosegun .. which for novices is just difficult to aim with ..
    a2a lock ons got a change were they were made very easy to dodge for esf´s, they got at best a early level lock on time buff but the full certed lock on time is still about the same ...
    the wyrm can one clip a default moscito and scythe, and one and 1/3 clip a reaver in a fair ammount of time were you need like 5 or 6 full salvos of coyotes to down any esf, a good nosegunuser will have you killed already before you finished your second salvo ...
  10. Silkensmooth

Exactly what is wrong with the flight controls, and how would you make them better?
  11. Silkensmooth

Based on this statement you clearly dont fly.

All you have to do to win with coyotes is to keep flying and turning, fire as you go by hit every shot with ZERO aiming. Collect certs.

The only way you are going to one clip an ESF with the wyrm is if its landed on the ground. You will be lucky to hit 10% of your shots vs a decent ESF pilot with this weapon.
  12. TR5L4Y3R

OH FKN REALLY??? ... i seriously wonder what gave THAT away ....?

.. like just the numerous times i talked about wristpaincausing shi tty controls so that i don´t bother with it until that´s changed ...?

139316"]Exactly what is wrong with the flight controls, and how would you make them better?[/quote]

more accessible would be a VERY good start ..

throw out the necessity to constantly press space to stay in air ... no this game is NOT realistic
    throw out the neccesity to need to learn the reverse manuver as necessity to stay competitive ... or ad requiremt to be competitive in the first place rather ..
    ALLOW to yaw with the mouse
    add sensitivy for keypresses that are about changing direction, why is that only possible with the mouse or controller?
    allow to strafe or bank

there are maybe a few more things i forgot
  13. Silkensmooth

more accessible would be a VERY good start ..

throw out the necessity to constantly press space to stay in air ... no this game is NOT realistic
    throw out the neccesity to need to learn the reverse manuver as necessity to stay competitive ... or ad requiremt to be competitive in the first place rather ..
    ALLOW to yaw with the mouse
    add sensitivy for keypresses that are about changing direction, why is that only possible with the mouse or controller?
    allow to strafe or bank

there are maybe a few more things i forgot[/quote].........

So if you dont fly why are you CONSTANTLY posting in air threads, along with all of the other tankers who dont fly?

You clearly dont know what you are talking about.

Its become a meme to say that flight controls are ******. This makes zero sense. You push buttons and use mouse just like every other aspect of the game.

The reverse maneuver is fine, you just need to learn how to do it. Ask anyone and they will tell you how.

Hit analog throttle, roll on side, pitch down until thrusters point in the down position, hit after burner.

Making flying as boring as tanking is a dumb idea,
  14. TR5L4Y3R

that´s it ... you are just TOO DENSE and/or stubborn to get anything ... neither did you present ANY good counterarguements nor gave any suggestions or compromise yourself but "git gud" ... not worth my time discussing things with you ...

*blocked*