so the PTS stuff went live...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Demigan

Cant post screenshots right now so if anyone is willing to do it...

Miller: population of around 400 for each fisu double-team indicator shows primarily TR being attacked (indicator is right above the stats we look for). NC scores decently with 2.66 KD but also just 35 deaths, IE very low usage. The VS and TR have similar KD but double the deaths, IE double the usage.

Cobalt: population of about 350 each, sees similar deathrates for each MAX faction with around 100 deaths each (TR 190 deaths). NC had a KD of 1.50, VS a KD of 2.32, TR of 3.37 despite all those deaths. Double-team indicator shows TR again.

Emerald has too little usage to be relevant but the NC MAX srill has about half the deaths there and similar KD to the others.

Most likely NC is showing to pull MAX's for specific scenario's with the low usage, when it does use it as much as the other two the NC MAX is worse off.
  2. Pacster3

Heat guns punish you much harder for overextending(due to less "bullets" in the "magazine" before forcing you into the cooldown/reload). It teaches you how to play better. Play the same style(one target, waiting for cooldown/reloading...then next) with a normal gun and you will do better too.
    The situation when only the heat mechanic really saves your life(while a timely/smart reload with a normal gun wouldn't) are really, really, really rare...and likely not much more common than the situations when the bigger magazine of normal gun kills the enemy with the last 2 bullets while with heat you would have been in cooldown and hence dead.
  3. Pacster3

On Cobalt it pretty much is a 2on1 right now. TR and VS have 2 fights going against each other...NC has like 7 going on. Largest pop and only 22% territory says it all. And no, NC is not down to 22% because of MAX nerf...
    Get your selective facts right.
  4. Demigan

Heat mechanic is only a problem if you fight without ever releasing the trigger. At ranges where you might do that the BG has more than enough bullets and with a Carbine or similar will be able to finish a target unless you (and your opponent) have bad aim.

Any other range the trigger discipline required will immediately bleed back bullets into the magazine nullifying the downside, and the fact that any time you take cover or are out of combat you'll rarely be an easy target due to downtime when reloading being much less of a problem. The ability to just interrupt your "reload" and use the bullets you have in the magazine is immensely useful, and the fact that this reload gets smaller when you spend less ammo is even better.
  5. Demigan

Considering the fisu indicator its 7 small fights mostly at TR. The VS also focus TR more atm. Get your facts straight.
  6. Pacster3

Nope it was not. As I said. 7 large fights on the radar on NC border. Only 2 between TR and VS.
  7. Demigan

Situation has changed on the continents but the stats are still the same (Miller has similar KD as the others but less deaths and Cobalt has lower KD but same deaths).
  8. Xada

Came back after a 3 month hiatus to try the new stuff. Played max for a lil bit and yeah, whipping out the jackhammer on semi auto was waaay more effective in team fights. Not because of the damage per se, but jackhammer just stayed in the fight longer. The Nerf towards ammo capacity was completely misguided.
  9. Crayv

A large problem of this I think stems from the philosophy behind shotguns. They want them to have the effective range of a polearm but the amount of power needed to justify that range means they should absolutely destroy anything in it. The general slower TTKs against MAXs just amplifies this problem.

They need to drastically tighten the spread and especially the falloff needs to be buffed. If they have roughly the same range as an SMG that should allow them to not have the overpowering close range potential yet still be balanced.
    • Up x 2
  10. OneShadowWarrior

To be honest, I like this update, no more tanks controlling the firing lines outdoors and when the skirmishes do occur, they are short in tank versus tank wars. I got sick of everytime I pulled anything else but a tank, couldn’t do anything and the Harrassers were like paper tigers, worst of all with Harrassers is when you scramble for evasion, they flip over too easy.

When it comes to NC maxes, I do agree they overnerfed, Hacksaws with slugs were all you needed, they should have started with removing slugs only first or just removing the shotgun features on the maxes and given the NC other alternatives as the TR and VS had felt the pain for years.

The current update has actually achieved more balance where the battles are starting to feel a little more evened out while at the ssme time keeping the Empires uniiqueness.

Once again, my hats off to Daybreak and Wrel for doing a great job.
  11. Liewec123

and atleast DOUBLE the magazine sizes, and remove a huge chunk of that stupidly hilarious damage drop off.
    if they want to go for boring "everyone does similar damage" then fine,
    give everyone similar range and sustained fire too!
    currently NC deal similar (actually less) CQC damage than TR and VS, massively less range damage,
    and also have a fraction of the sustained fire.

imho what they should have done is simply remove and refund slugs,
    because they werte giving NC max more range that it should have had.
    tadaa! suddenly the shotgun max has very limited range, long reloads, no sustained fire,
    but also the high CQC burst damage to warrant all of those drawbacks.

this current abomination shouldn't have even made it to PTS,
    but nope, they Wrelled-up completely and pushed it live too...
    • Up x 2
  12. Valenz

I wonder if it's possible to consider a slight chance on this stance.

You see...going through the numbers as they were pushed to live because of 3/20 I noticed...the new DPS for the relevant NC MAX weapons actually kinda compare to their counterparts in the TR/VS arsenals.

The problem as it currently stands is: that's where they stopped. And as a result, when you take the new damage/pellet values and introduce the ammo values into the mix then you get values that are...bad. Sorry but I can't find a better word to put it. It's just how they are.

I'm all for recognizing the possible good this DPS reduction could have, but that alone can't be the whole thing. The ammo counts need to be readjusted to at least outline a competitive performance, even if it means going through each weapon, one by one.
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

someone who gets it!
    while ALL of the NC max weapons are outgunned by ALL of the TR and VS max weapons in a cqc max fight,
    lets still say "they deal similar cqc damage" for the sake of the argument.
    if that was their goal then fine,
    but as you said, that was where they left the "equal balance" mindset.

the dropoff and pellet spread make the NC guns UTTERLY UNUSEABLE at 20m,
    and the tiny, pathetically minuscule magazines can't compare to TR and VS
    who are able to fire for over twenty seconds with some of their guns...

they had the crappy idea to make NC do similar CQC damage to TR and VS,
    but then left their complete lack of comparable range and sustained fire.

the thing that annoys me most is that this was put on PTS in January
    and they haven't changed a damn thing.
    several PTS updates came and went by and they didn't change anything,
    actively choosing to ignore us and port this abomination to live.
    hence i'm nolonger subscribing, Wrel and the gang want to ruin the game?
    sure, its theirs to ruin, but i'm not paying them anymore.
    • Up x 1