How is this event fun?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Mar 21, 2019.

1. AgentRed

Right now you have to sit around waiting for the shinnies that take 30mins to respawn. So people are just sitting camping there waiting for it to respawn. So I am seeing people tk each other or kill people just to the directive. This ruin the player experience for both parties. The spawn rate needs to change like how the snowman/ pumpkins and have more all over the map no just limited like 12 per map. Its not fun sitting at a location for more than 5 hours and half hours just to complete a directive. It pulls you away from actually playing the game. Unlike the other directives.
    • Up x 2
  2. I'm so dead

I almost got TK by allies (NC in this case) when they saw me running towards the shiny. Lucky they sucked at aiming 50 meters away on a Valkyrie. I seen other factions were nicer not to kill me when I approached them during this event.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pelojian

all you get is a couple of knives is it really worth the hassle?

shinies work in EQ2 because acquiring 99% of them aren't time limited events (and even if you miss out on event shinies you can buy them off the broker)
  4. AlcyoneSerene

I wasted 3 hours, 2 on Esamir, 1 on Amerish, all to find only 1 shiny. Tried Flash, Valk, Harasser, and going off guides in reddit.

Whatever is wrong with more reasonable events, which involve gameplay related aspects such as capture objectives, revives, resupply, repair, and don't completely throw actual map objectives out of whack as the already low in-game population is half chasing shinies or cloaked in random corners.
  5. Pacster3

Once you know where they are you just need to fly past the locations(it always seems to be the exact same spot) and you will get those done pretty quickly.

The shiny directives are the ones you can do along the way especially once guides for locations come out(on top of western tower of Bastion on Amerish is a spot....and on flight deck of Eisa on Esamir). 100 knife kills suck tho. They really have a huge impact on gameplay and I'm happy I'm done with that crap.

Yes, you only get a knife...a knife that can damage vehicles and constructed stuff. It's the most useful and versatile knife around. And the one with the best looks. ;-)
  6. Mr. Thoughtful

We need a new knife in the depot that does armor damage, for those who can't complete this event.
  7. Silkensmooth

Agreed this event is TERRIBLE.

Flying around for hours looking for something that doesnt seem to exist.

It should be more like the halloween event. Hunting pumpkins i find quite enjoyable.

I AM having a bit of fun killing the ESFs hunting shinies, but that gets boring too as they dont fight back. And after i kill them they cry and ask why i did that to them as they were only hunting shinies.
  8. JibbaJabba

This event sucks.
  9. Trephanation

Literally only have collected one, because one of my squadmembers let me take it when we found it.

Otherwise it's only TKs and camping for hours. Not fun.
  10. Jac70

Wasn't that bad IMO - I found them just by roaming around in my ANT and you only need 3 afterall (correct me if I am wrong). 100 kills with a knife will be the PITA - now if it that knife was on the Exceptional directive I'd certainly do it. :eek:
  11. Pacster3

You need 10 overall.
  12. PlanetBound

What's the name of the knife?
  13. Armcross

Would it be a good Idea if this is also available in stores?
  14. AgentRed

They might do it in like a chrismas sale or something like that since they did it for ps1 stuff and for the Halloween event for the pillar.
  15. Mr. Thoughtful

Oh what a dreamer you are. Same was said about the little helper.
  16. Pacster3

Dude, you got the Little Helper in store called Baron G5B and Baron G5G...and for certs as Baron G5. All of them are the same gun. Just that the Little Helper has christmas themed looks(rather ugly) and got fewer attachment options(so is the worst of the 4). So I got no idea what you are talking about.
  17. Mr. Thoughtful

So are you saying that baron counts for the little helper directive? Yes i know it's just a baron in elf skin. I'm all about that cosmetic, but of course having a chance to aurax the weapon.
  18. MUTALISKUS

for schoolchildren and youngsters cheerful While adult men are fighting, children collect knives
  19. Pacster3

Well, if that's what you want then you either hope it comes back as a part of next years christmas event or in some bundle. But overall I have to say that the reason for such purely cosmetic event rewards is that you have to play the game when they drop. If you are not around then that's bad luck/your fault. It would not make much sense to introduce such an incentive when you then give it out to everyone afterwards(people just wouldn't even try to get it during an event anymore. Or why should I try to run over 100 people if I can have the cosmetic 2 weeks later for free?).
  20. Clay

I got the nightshade on one char and it was fun enough that I am now doing it on another too. So far looking good i think. Hunting shinies is quick and easy if you use brain.