Looking forward to PSA.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by icufos, Mar 5, 2019.

1. icufos

I can't wait for PSA to come out. I've preordered in order to show support.
    I normally play Titanfall 2 but came over to PS2 about 6 month's ago.
    I'd played TF2 to death and PS2 was a refreshing change despite the close quarter gameplay being somewhat sluggish compared to TF2.
    I'm hoping I can get my clan into PSA when it comes out.
    I really think it'll be a surprise success.:cool:
  2. G-wiz15

but at what cost? how will out game suffer when the work stops to make PSA(like it already has) for me it just feels like a betrayl of sorts

but i mean Apex Legends is still the better battle royale at the moment.

i guess im kinda looking forwardto it too
  3. Liewec123

PSA is doomed to be a failure,
    the battleroyale genre is oversaturated as it is and all of THOSE battleroyale games are free to play,
    noone in their right mind is going to pay £20 to try "Battleroyale no.571" when there are hundreds of other BR games to try for free,

plus, what is PSA?
    it is planetside 2 but with:
    less players
    less classes
    less weapons
    less vehicles
    and a price tag!

so not only is it doomed to fail because it is a game with a pricetag in an oversaturated genre of F2P titles.
    but it is also simply planetside 2 which IS free to play, but with way less content, and you pay to play it!

i think of all of the resources spent making that PS2 BR spinoff mode, that could have been spent on PS2,
    and it makes me sad, its doomed to fail and all of that time and effort could have been put into PS2. :(
    • Up x 3
  4. Twin Suns

After PSA has been out 6 months. Would the OP be kind enough and return to their thread to give us excuses on why PSA failed.

Don't drink the Kool-aid.

o7
  5. infilallday

This game doesn't stand a chance in the Battle Royale world.
    There are just too many others that do it so well.
    PS2 scored very well in reviews but we just can't seem to retain players.
    Why this is, I have no idea, but it's a shame.
    To make matters worse, I fear the console players will soon be non existent.
    I'd love to be able to get friends on here, but they just don't stay.
    I'm on my way home from work now, waiting to play PS2, but pessimistic about it because it's always a challenge finding population.
  6. DIGGSAN0

I don't get it...

Daybreak does never focus on Planetside2, PS2 ks always the "Sideproduct"

First H1Z1 where they did put all the Money and Work in, then King of the Kill....

Now PSA....

I am not looking forward for that...if that fails it will waste money and time again...could have been spended more wisely into PS2, the game that actually makes the money
  7. Maxwar

I'm not interested in the part that is going to compete with the other royale games, what I'm interested in is the massive 2 way battles. Most PS2 players want massive battles and the game rarely had that even in the beginning but are almost non-existent now. They made a mistake making continents on PS2 constant 3 way battles, it was inevitable that it would become double teams and that is all it is now. I have hopes for these two way massive battles, my only concern is how fast they can fill them with a paid model.
  8. Beerbeerbeer

Instead of PSA, they should “re-release” this game, so to speak.

I think the market is ripe for this unique genre because of battle royale fatigue. A traditional, large scale, sandbox MMO shooter offers a unique alternative, if only DBG can leverage and convince people who might be getting bored with “royales,” to try this game.

They just need to simplify this game somehow, the UI, the interactions, the mechanics. They need to add more exclusive cheeseball cosmetics and other truly customization items in the store similar to Fortnitre; it’s a huge money maker. They need to simplify the damn store. With so many stupid tabs, it’s exhausting to browse through. This game is not user friendly versus being able to jump into Fortnight or Apex. That’s the biggest flaw to this game: it’s needlessly complex.

If PSA is also needlessly complex, it will be DOA.
  9. DeadlyOmen

More of the same is not interesting.
  10. CaptCran

Bummer the man/woman power used for arena couldn't be used to make the unique game that they inherited from SOE better. Seems like a waste of resources to start up in the "battle royal" circuit so far behind the other games. Follow the crowed.... MMOFPS, stick at what your "good" at. I'd use the word great but it seems things have been slacking recently(3years).
    • Up x 2
  11. LineTrap

Looking forward to it dying quickly so they go back to making meager investments into PS2. Or even better, get bought out by Microsoft and make PS3.
    • Up x 1