What is wrong with the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tovarisch Maxim, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Eternaloptimist

On my Engineer I use Pulsar C with a 3.4x sight for medium range engagements but for closer ranges I run the Zenith (good tight bullet spread for landing a bunch of hits in a small place plus 0.75 ADS). I'm thinking of dropping the Pulsar, which has more recoil IIRC, as Zenith seems to perform pretty well at medium range as well. For LA I run the VX6-7 with laser sight and SPA (tighter hip fire and high rate of fire) for CQC and the Zenith for slightly longer ranges.

Overall, I prefer the Zenith over other VS carbines for it's accuracy and decent but not excessive rate of fire (to hopefully avoid hit reg problems suspected on some higher RoF weapons). I run a foregrip and 2x sight for a bit of added accuracy over various ranges. The only "downside" I guess is lack of ammo options (SPA or HVA not available).

Did you get the free Tanto platinum when it was on offer? If you don't mind low RoF (as per the Pulsar) it has good accuracy for medium range burst firing although I found it a bit of a liability in closer range engagements.
  2. Jonagoldz

I'm sorry to say this to you... but just like on the forums of BSGO (buff the strikers) you are pledging for a buff that only helps you. Your lack of perspective in games bother me and perhaps you should look at the mirror, before you pass off the blame on the game itself.
  3. strikearrow

This game is so full of cheaters that you just have to either accept it and play as if you are always playing against cheaters (won't usually be true, but you have to assume it is) or move on to another game. It's really quite simple.
  4. DeadlyOmen

I'm doing poorly.

It's someone else's fault.
    • Up x 1
  5. BlackSangar

That's happening to me continuously, but i blame my ping. 174 ms ping is a real disadvantage. Consider also pros on game playing daily during 5 years and lucky shoots, this sometimes i have also.

It's true there is people killing by headshot others in Indar shooting from Hossin, but we keep this issue for Scully and Mulder.
  6. Tovarisch Maxim

Oh, hey. Glad to see BSGO vet like me here.

Unfortunately, you are being confrontational and judge me based on deep past stuff (2 - 3 years ago, when the developers still cared about the game) which was passed already, and you know, people change time from time. I wasn't suggesting any ideas for a good of 2 years because no one cared anyway so I thought it was a waste of time. I just personaly thought that strikes we're just the weakest ships in the game that can't properly play their role on the battlefield, which in the end they ended up being an easy meat grind for carrier and liner ships.

Also, your judgment is invalid because I didn't ask anything to nerf in this thread.

I'm being Ignorant and have fallacy to understand other's point they make.
    They are just "Blaming" others.

Also guys, can you people quit being so extremely confrontational please? Because It's annoying as hell. The thread was not created for your confrontational enjoyment.
  7. icufos

The NS-AM7 Archer is a Nanite Systems sniper rifle exclusive available to the Engineerclass.
    I use the above..it works.
    I'm actually trying to help.
    I spend most of my time picking others up off the floor, really I do.;)
    Fairly new myself to PS2. I use the 'Archer' from a distance when I tire of getting my a*** kicked in closer quarter combat.
    I feel the game is not really a close quarter one. It just doesn't work well like that. It's good enough but at longer ranges it's fine.
    The Archer does damage everything.
    It does harass tanks etc and can eventually take them out.

It does damage flying beasties as well with more success.
    It's great for finishing off stuff when others have inflicted some damage already.
    Close quarter I use the 'Cougar'.
    Anyway,hope that helps.:cool:
  8. adamts01

Getting good at this game means landing headshots and exploiting latency. Between Nanoweave and the HA shield, you'll take 3x as long killing someone with body shots. If you're landing as many shots as you say you are, you're losing because you're not landing them in the head.

Get good at exploiting latency. Always be the one peeking, amd you'll start killing guys before you even render to them. Peek a corner really quick, and if someone has a bead on you then go back to cover. When you go back, aim where is had was in advance and fire as you leave cover. "pre-fire" is a term often used when you're shooting based on where the target last was.

You have to burst fire your guns to consistently land headshots. It's possible to master this if you stick to a single weapon, but many use macros to maximize burst dps and even control recoil, turning your guns in to laser beams. It's against the rules, but nothing has ever been done about it.

Adjust your graphics to maximize frames. Everything will be easier and your guns will even fire faster. Disable particles to maximize frames and make smoke invisible. Then, throwing a smoke grenade and running in a room is like hunting at the zoo.

You WILL face cheaters. The blatant ones are easy to spot, but most who are left are very subtle about it, and will never be caught. Like was mentioned earlier, just accept they're there, and try to have fun with the game as is.

Choose a gun with a .75 ADS speed, it makes it that much harder for bad guys to hit your head as you spam your A&D keys. NS15s and 11s are great for this purpose. VS guns also, in average, have a higher ADS accuracy than the other factions, so you already have a leg up. Crouch spam works as well.

Another problem you'll run in to is people manipulating their connection. They switch off their internet, peek to get a kill, then turn it on and you'll never have a chance. They also tune their speed with a VPN to get kills after peeking before they render, though that method exposes them to return fire that eventually can catch up to them.

It's a mess if a game, and getting good feels cheesy, but it is what it is. You can play legit, and do decently and have fun, but you'll never be competitive till you start fighting dirty. It is what it is.
    • Up x 3
  9. Tovarisch Maxim

LOL Okay, keep making that fictitious stuff up, atleast backup that stuff/provide proof for your false words. You didnt provide anything helpfull much apart from telling me that "Orion is the best weapon!" then going with the "Git gud" insult (Insulting my competence) instead of telling me where I'm doing wrong and how to fix that.

Also, I believe in efficient and quick way of learning things, time quantity is not an option because I'm not obligated to play PS2 24/7 hours everyday.

Yeah, sometimes someone needs to put you off your high horse.
  10. LineTrap

Triggered! Actually what you should working on is your in-game trigger work, by the sound of things. While you're at it be sure to fill your head with nonsense about hacking and veteran's advantage and all the other mess you read/post on the forums.
  11. The Real Secret

I have played this game off and on for years, but remake characters so none of mine are currently over 60.

Having said that I used to seriously play, like 50 hours a week, another FPS years ago and have the basics down. In that game we had a guy that had dial-up, but because he had practiced and got used to the lag he experienced he was better than most of us.

First, weapons do matter, though I hate shotguns, if you know you're playing an indoor battle with doors and corners, you are going to get more kills with a shotgun, so don't pretend gear doesn't matter, it does.

Second, adjust your mouse movement till it works for you. I have the vehicle set differently than Air etc. When you move your mouse, if it doesn't spin the amount and the way that feels right to you, dial it in.

People don't like hearing that maybe it's some secret thing because we aren't out in public on a court or field to PROVE that we're better than you, regardless of gear or whatever.

Playstyle also matters, I for instance don't care about my kill to death ratio, so I can do things others can't because I'm not afraid to die again and again.

Think about every aspect and ask what you are doing to hinder yourself. Some people spend a good amount of money, not getting gear that looks sweet or is a certain brand, but Feels right for them, something that may not be expensive at all, but allows them to be in the moment and in sink with their avatar. The part that stuck out to me most was you saying you aim, and how you said it like you were studying something: thinking about it. A pro doesn't aim, a pro shoots. Keep playing till you don't aim, you just shoot, and that doesn't mean you don't zoom. Get used to movement, it protects you from being hit and once you can AIM as good while moving you wont have to aim anymore.

Sorry if that came off too Zen, but it's the truth, you have to get to where it's not something you think about, it's something you do.
  12. aynn

Battle rank 21? that's not even past the tutorial yet.
    Before making any judgements I think you should upload a 5 to 10 minute video of you playing and losing 1v1 engagements.
    With a video it is much easier to analyze why your opponent won and you didn't.

Other fps shooters have low ttk(time to kill) therefore this gives the player who shoots first(lucky shot) the advantage.
    Planetside has high ttk therefore the higher skilled player will usually outplay the lower skill player even if the higher skilled player didn't get the first shot.
    What am I trying to say? Headshots are much more important since it does 2x damage in a high ttk game. Burst fire and aim for the head.
    • Up x 1
  13. WinterAero

Most people have made decent comments, if a bit 'inconcise' or 'all over the place'.

The game at this age in its life, does suffer from the 'more vets than newbies' syndrome. There are also a good deal of exploiters and cheaters - as per the 'free' nature of the game.

With latency, which many online games suffer from (but often the case with ps2) is that you are seeing things that have happened in the past on your screen. So if you suddenly have streaks where a person appears but then you die essentially instantly - it can be the server struggling to update your client quickly enough. Or in other words, you see them firing - when actually they were firing 'before' you see them do it on your screen.

Along side that, you'll get situations like the following:

You are on the roof of a tower. You look down and see an oblivious running planetman. You shoot at him (lets assume accurately) having not given away your position (he doesn't know you are there). You hit him a repeated amount of times, he then turns (lets assume hes a HA) lazily activates his shield - but somehow also knows instantly where you are and kills you in a millisecond without missing a shot. Some vets do this repeatedly (lessening the chance of server being at fault) and as you might have guessed - this is cheating. Usually a private hack package. Meaning Battleeye/anti-cheat doesnt catch them. Everyone knows these sort of players after a while. Always the same 'tankiness' always the same accuracy with all manner of inaccurate weapons for the ranges they are using them at. At this stage these people wont be banned, so just try and ignore them. I've messaged a few recently and some will even admit it, to a fashion.

So what you have to do is realize that between the 'legit' skilled vets, the cheaters, the latency and many other factors - dying is going to be run of the mill. Sometimes every few seconds against the wrong people.

You can do well to watch Wrels videos on latency for the game (youtube) if you find that hard to get your head around. As some have noted there are also 'best in class' weapons, that used well give you a constant leg up in the range of engagement they are good at.

Some TR medic rifles are like this. As are NC death dealers such as the GD-7f, Gladius (when aimed well) and Cyclone SMG etc. You'll see many people ask for recommendations on weapons like this.

When you grow in skill, base weapons like the solstice are perfectly fine. You can dunk a good many people with them, long as you learn its quirks and where best to use it (distance and environment). Aiming for the head is obviously a given (kill speed).

So if you like the game, it stands to reason that practise and experience (lack of) stand against you. As does server blips and bugs. Those things shouldn't discourage you. And if you see the people on the score screen (tab) with 10x the kills of everyone else - who are instantly wiping out battles, and even shredding vets with unlikely skills - just redeploy to fight against the other faction. These people aren't legit 80%+ of the time and its just not worth the irritation. Just find a new battle and have fun learning there.
    • Up x 3
  14. infilallday

Headshots whilst strafing. I found I would shoot someone in the back/side as quick as I could get my sights on them. I would end up hitting them in the legs and body and they would turn around and obliterate me.
    I figured they must be headshot pros, so I learnt to be one as well. (I'm still getting there lol).
    It's made a huge difference. Ive also gotten a lot better at counter aiming against the kick of the gun, so I can hold the trigger of an auto while keeping the sights on the head. They go down before they can turn around most of the time these days.

Don't get frustrated, redeploy to another battle, try another class.

I started as HA and had a horrible time of it. I then moved to long range sniper and gradually moved in as the weeks went by, to the point where I'd run my sniper in amongst the action.
    Now that I have a better grasp on they way things work, as well as better suit slot options, I have switched to LA and I am loving the faster playstyle.

It just takes time.
  15. JibbaJabba

C'mon man. You know better than this. Didn't you run some recursion ops as a guest once? I know you're not yet to the point where you can pull this off every time, but you've pulled it off a few times at least I hope. High skilled vets in this game pull off what you describe all the time and they aren't cheating in the slightest.

Don't go telling new players this crap. They are just gonna have a bad taste for the game, and by some measure they won't strive for that skill because they'll think it's not real.

99% of the time (yes I leave 1 in 100) when that happens to you, it's just raw skill (and you not being as sneaky as you thought).
    • Up x 1
  16. WinterAero

Are you another a cheat apologist perhaps? Sigh.

Assuming the TTK, accuracy, optimal weapon for the range (damage profile, recoil and so on) as well as latency advantage (as I mentioned the plug for wrels videos on latency delay); what you are describing is IMPOSSIBLE to do repeatedly if at all under my scenario. Which is why everyone I know - knows I always mention the same thing: CONSISTENCY of occurence, first.

If there is a server delay or some bizarre net issue your end (with you the shooter) or you have a hit detection issue then sure. You are going to have a strange time in ps2. But that would make most of your gameplay terrible and would put you off bothering considering the game age + vets not having the same issue, anyway.

Take your friend Xoniq. You can see half the issue there, is that he has a gameplay experience most don't (low lag if any). So in many respects he's not anywhere near as good as you claim. He's just very lucky with his internet/ps2 blend. You can tell in the few scenario's where people aren't even responding to his presence. To them they probably SEEM like they are dying instantly their end. So yes. It can happen. Fortunately most vets DONT have internet that bad. But let's not pretend the internet is competitive either.

What you are effectively claiming with my example; is that long range profile weapons such as the flare - should start firing at an unaware target from above (as per my example given), that target must then absorb/notice some of that damage, activate its shield and turn to find the target immediately (all whilst the person continues to shoot at you) and then locate them with perfect head aim on top and instantly kill them, whilst managing to avoid the rest of the total damage to itself?

Baring in mind that I also mentioned many times people are doing this (god like reflex) with short range weapons their end....outplaying long range ones from towers? Most of the time I sincerely doubt they'd even seen the targets head at all. And we aren't assuming the tower guy, is a potato aim newbie either - but rather your standard 2.5KD average joe.

If someone is doing that repeatedly there is no way in hell its legitimate. Because you'd have to have the God like reflexes to even find them before your latency caught up, let alone their head at a high elevation. It would also make all weapons in the game rather pointless if it was so easy to do repeatedly. You might as well just never leave the default gun then. Anyone honest knows to swap to the right weapon for the scenario. Or are you one of these people who is popping people instantly with the gd-7f at sniper rifle range? Cough.

Accounting for cone of fire, damage, range and reflex delay then - on top of server transfer from shooters client - to server - to you, that can't happen. Unless as assumed you are cheating (deletes human reflex delay time and target acquisition period), or the server is ****** somehow.

I'm not sure what you people are out to gain by claiming that this sort of thing doesn't happen often, but with someone who has been here since the Jesters were tiny newbies, which is essentially launch as a Founder, I don't really appreciate you placing me into the 'crap' category. Ad hominem It really isn't necessary. At this stage in game I've seen it all.

It's the same thing with whoizdis. No recon at all but he prefires heads from different angles, before they have even appeared from the door frames. Someone else who hasn't shown their favourite cheat developer Wrels latency advantage videos I assume :rolleyes:
  17. JibbaJabba

/smh

I'm not saying I won't come back and finish maybe some other day but honestly I stopped right here and I'm moving on with no regard for anything else you said. No wonder you think people are cheating who aren't.

Take care.
  18. gunnner10

I've never understood why this game seems to have more hackers than most Free to Play games, Maybe the game engine allows the game to be hacked easier?
  19. Shadowdev

I personally think it's a server lag/ping issue, I fought a friend that said he shot me four times and I only saw and heard the firing twice... I'm convinced distance from server is the issue.