What is wrong with the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tovarisch Maxim, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Tovarisch Maxim

I always thought that the reason why I die alot is because I am noob at the game, but I noticed it could be because the game has some bogus scripting that does not allow you to win engagements.

Here why: My character is extremely fragile and my guns are complete pea shooters.

I thought that yeah, I'm just bad at the game and I need to practice and practice to be good, I thought that unlocking other guns is just a sidegrade, and overall your performance should not be determined by gear but by effective use of them for the correct situation. Sadly I noticed that is not the case.

I found good positioning, lots of open easy targets facing the opposite direction, you quickly take aim and shoot the enemy, making sure each shot counts. What happens? No kills, the targets that I shot just seem to absorb my shots like sponges, I wasted all of my magazine clip and no kills at all, second later I either just attempt to run away with the pretty high chance of dying, or you know, just die by anything that can happen.

A second situation is when I was standing on a balcony of a building, take an aim to prepare to shoot the approaching enemy, as soon as the enemy leaves his cover, I shoot, making sure that my shots hit (Some of my shots miss), 3 - 4 shots hit the enemy, what happens next? Enemy instantly reacts, has an insane accuracy and you die instantly from 2 hits like fly. How did he able to react so fast? No idea. How the enemy has such insane accuracy? No idea. Why the enemy can kill me in milleseconds but I cant? No idea. Which makes me think that this situation is just complete bogus and the game is seems to be biased towards higher rank players by giving them some hidden extra stats which gives them such good advantage in engagements.

How to fix this problem?

Because I do play other FPS shooter games like Battlefield 4, and never seem to get in such situations like what I described.
    • Up x 2
  2. Liewec123

i know that feel!
    there have been plenty of times that i've been filling someone with lead from behind
    and they've slowly turned around and nuked me.

a few weeks back i had one of the funniest examples, i emptied a Desperado magazine into a guy,
    (which apparently should have been 2338 damage)
    he survived and then i instantly died to someone else shooting me with a pistol. XD
    it perfectly encaptured the madness, i don't know if its latency, fps, connection speed or what.
    unfortunately its just a sideeffect of being able to have a game of PS2's scale i think :p
  3. LineTrap

A larger percentage of players who still play now are veterans, who tend to use good weapons (there are many horrible trap weapons), try for double damage headshots to win the DPS race, and play the cheat classes (Heavy and Light assault). If you want a cheap thrill buy a chump action shotgun and one shot people as they run in doors or around corners.

In the past there were hordes of clueless newbs running around in the open, standing around waiting to be shot, eating tank rounds while accepting revives over and over. Not so much anymore. Observe the better infantry players and copy what they do.
    • Up x 2
  4. Tovarisch Maxim

Depends on what you mean by good weapons, because my character is just rank 21 on the vanu sovereignty faction and I did not use my certs on buying other weapons, I just used them to upgrade the main gear/equipment that I already have.
  5. AlcyoneSerene

Like Liewec said above, a big part of that has got to be because of the scale of PS2. To me this happens very often off-peak hours, which I suspect is because of a greater proportion of high or maybe unstable ping players from other time zones that are on.

I also used to play Overwatch a lot before finding PS2, and yes there is dying behind cover, but player positioning seems stable, there's no warping or teleporting, and it even improved as their tick rates finally went up.

The game needs players. Team up with others, walk with others, and the wild mix usually evens things out.

No doubt some players have major advantages for whatever reason. Kill them and observe their position shake all over the place. Peek a corner for a millisecond and back, and get 'sniped' by non-bolt action low damage guns from medium distance. Try to shoot someone and witness 3 of the 10 bullets clearly on target hit. Just today I witnessed a player in a 3 frame teleport, one of which was in the air, as they suddenly appeared back behind their force field - 'fun' trying to do my best to track that before "lol" at the complete absurdity and moving on.

If the frustration is too much, as it happens for me quite regularly, maybe it's time to call it for the time being. I'll be the first to jump ship if another game like PS2 is released that actually manages such nonsense better, or worst case seek more arcade shooters since at least skilled play is properly rewarded and fights are fair for whoever is better or has a more favorable situation.
  6. LineTrap

Vanu has some good default weapons, namely the Orion. A lot of high level players still use it (or its directive reward variant) even with access to all the gear in the game. The medic starter is decent too. At BR 21 there is still lots of room for your character to grow. Filled out suit slots and decent implants make a big difference over the long run.
  7. infilallday

I only experience this when I find myself accidently up against HAs face to face.
    When I play my class correctly, I feel OP.
    The only thing I can strongly suggest is to pick your fights.
    If you keep losing head to head battles, try flanking, try hanging with a group, just try something different.
  8. ObiVanuKenobi

If you're only br 21 you simply don't have enough experience. There's a lot to learn. Understanding how much to lead a target and aim in general comes with time.
    You seem to be using Solstice
    https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=tovarischmaxim&show=weapons
    It's not a bad weapon but not great either.
    Pulsar C is better in almost every situation, especially at longer ranges and Serpent is better at close range.
    While suit slot and ability upgrades are more important Solstice should be replaced eventually.
  9. JobiWan

It happens to high rank players too. I'm the highest rank you can currently get to in the game. Just last night I was one on one with a VS, I shot him point blank 4 times with the Commissioner, one headshot, 3 bodyshots, not one hit registered and he killed me no problem.

The way the game works means that what we see on our screen is not what the other person sees on their screen. I know that hit reg is often bugged too. When crap like this happens I just think 'Welcome to Planetside'.

I think we put up with it because there's no game like it.
    • Up x 1
  10. AlcyoneSerene

ASP70 VS, ASP75 TR, BR58 NC, last night ran into a BR8 no directive score new player, we surprised each other at close-medium range, ADAD spam unleashed 30 rounds of my serpent landing all including at least one headshot, I drop dead (with nanoweave armor) from his Gauss SAW he had 1/5 of a health bar left, a scenario that repeats quite often when I'm on NC with me as the winner. High RoF guns I believe are more prone to hitbox detection issues.

Before that, fighting an NC zerg, also unleash 30 rounds into an NC, observe shield shimmer but zero hit detection markets, a true twilight moment of 'ok, what does the game expect me to do now.'

Hit detection can be such a pile of junk in this game, along with so many other things, that it's the saddest thing to see such an amazing game engine and game design that's been left half-finished.
  11. Tovarisch Maxim

I'm obviously using the Solstice because It's the only available weapon for the Light assault class, the shotgun is really useless. I'm playing the Light assault class because obviously I feel comfortable with the ability to fly over high walls, and obviously It's badass.

Anyway, I do should focus in grinding certs to get the Pulsar C?
  12. icufos

13. ObiVanuKenobi

Archer is a waste of certs unless you're a vehicle player and even then it's optional. Low damage and no kill potential, all you can do with it is be annoying to vehicles and tag them for no effort assist exp.

I would get the Pulsar C when you already have nanoweave/asc(suit) + medkits or c4(utility) if you tend to shoot at mid-long range. Serpent is amazing at aggressive close range. Up to your playstyle.
    And you're right, the semi-auto shotguns are garbage.
  14. Tovarisch Maxim

I tried to play the heavy assault for a change. I obviously put the Nanoweave armor, dont remember the shield ability I put, but it absorbs 35% damage but lasts longer (Less energy drain when receiving damage). I obviously have the orion LMG equiped which has 50 extra magazine ammo capasity advantage over the solstice.

No use obviously, there are still medics and light assaults that out-tank me in face-to-face combat.
    • Up x 1
  15. LineTrap

An Orion heavy using shield appropriately and losing to non-heavies in normal combat? This is sounding more and more like a severe git gud issue. Play heavy for several months, learn how to use cover and ADS, and see what happens.
  16. Tovarisch Maxim

I'm obviously not an idiot and I do know how to use cover and aim downsights, I obviously make sure that I aim precisely and make sure that each of my shot hit the enemy.

Sorry but I have better things to do other than go full no-life mode for several months. Dont use "Git gud" as a tip because It's not helpfull at all.
  17. Atorum

Bunch of laggers, thats whats wrong with the game.
    DBG gave Asians their own server, but no, they still come to Emerald because they can use their latency to their advantage.
    Literally, half of the VS on Emerald is not from NA, now I see even Connery people are coming here, do you think that his connection is in green from Australia.
    DBG has no intention on ever fixing that.
  18. LineTrap

Let's make a new thread, be super hard headed about what we're doing wrong, blame the game instead of ourselves, and get mad instead of attempting to get better. Oy.
  19. Towie

The only challenge with the Pulsar C is that it is harder to control - so although the range is good, it can be a bit of a handful without good trigger discipline. It is highly regarded in the VS arsenal though.

Many LA go for short-range power as they can surprise people very easily. SMG is good or Serpent / VX6-7 for a bit more versatility. You can still have a decent long range option at the same time with a Blackhand pistol. Oh the hours i've spent on top of a tower picking off folks with the Blackhand....

There are so very many options and opinions - ultimately you need to find out what works for you (and this can mean a wasted weapon or two).
  20. Tovarisch Maxim

No need to make a new thread because you refused to actually read my post. It seems like you are the type of people who loves to "Put down" others for no reason rather than giving something actualy helpfull. I guess I shall ignore your unhelpfull "Git gud" troll posts from now on, as most of the time negotiating with those kind of people is usualy not possible, so bye.

I'm a person of my own will, therefore I'm not obligated to follow your No-life/Try-hard 24/7 playstyle. I do have a life and my own enjoyments, you know.