Does back-hacking vehicle terminals serve a purpose?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doom721, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Doom721

As of now bases behind your own lines are a liability. Why is it that you can't interact or do anything from locked bases, but you can still pull vehicles from behind?

Why should my own base be a risk for 4th faction armor zergs? Why should I have to TEAMKILL my own vehicle terminals to prevent back-hacking and vehicle pulls in mass?

Locked bases should be out of play entirely. All the back-hacking allows for is disruptive gameplay from 4th faction armor balls pulling at the rear. If you don't own a tech plant you should be **** out of a luck or pull from the warpgate.
  2. Pelojian

you have to teamkill your own vehicle terminals or they can tactically use them to ambush you from behind.

sorry but i disagree if locked bases are out of the question then both enemies and the owners can't use base facilities.

hacking terminals behind the lines has been done from the beginning, there's no issue ether destory the terminals or watch your back, any ground vehicle user will tell you to keep an eye out for enemies.

the whole point of a continental map is territory lines don't matter for movement, just because the mass of enemies are in front of you don't mean that someone hasn't snuck behind your lines to ambush you with vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  3. Armcross

Ban mobility combat, let just play in rails.
  4. JibbaJabba

It's a mechanic of the game. Yes, you're gonna have to walk and chew gum at the same time. You have to forward cap while securing against the back cap.

You have to guard your vehicle terminals because they are a powerful resource in this war game.

This mechanic makes the infiltrator class viable. It allows commanders to execute nuanced tactics rather than brute force down a lane.

Want to know what's 10x more disruptive than back hacking a vehicle terminal? Hacking or destroying the air terminals at the major facilities. It stops the highly mobile squads and platoons from pulling valks/gals from the map and can make a serious strategic impact on the battlefield.

I'll disagree with any attempt to dumb down the game. This idea of yours is not good.
  5. FredM

Yes you can. There could be a hive I want to demolish and any vehicle terminal I can find will help to pull a cloaked sundy to get to hive. In this moment I am nowhere interested in a base when it is not connected.