just unlocked my asp skills and its bugged

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sumguy420, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Sumguy420

so i chose to unlock the heavy weapon secondary skill as my first choice and i selected the lasher in my second slot to test out the feature but now i cant change my second slot to any other heavy weapon except the lasher. i can still switch to pistols but im stuck forever now only being able to use that LMG. is this a known bug?
  2. Sumguy420

nvm lasher is the only heavy weapon lol i thought all LMG's were heavy weapons my bad
    • Up x 1
  3. Talthos

Yeah; the 'Heavy weapons' perk refers to the Heavy-only 'special' weapons. Which would be the Lasher X2 for VS, the NC05 Jackhammer for the NC, and the T7 Mini-Chaingun for the TR.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

*facepalm* the moment you realise heavy weapon =/= lmg ..

think about it .... heavy weapon ... light machinegun ... ....
  5. TheProScout

So as a TR player i absolutely loved the T7-Chain Minigun, i use it in ALL situations, short/medium/long range.
    It was also the first weapon i unlocked for my Heavy. ( Still have fond memories from 2012 standing on the crown, and shooting downhill against wave after wave )

Now 5 years later, i still pretty much only play with the Chaingun and no other LMG's,
    So when A.S.P. was introduced, i choose Heavy Weapon Secondary, with the idea that i now can still always have my Chaingun, and an normal LMG or shotgun.

But then i noticed that i could also equip 2 x Chainguns, ( i have 3 chainguns , normal , 2nd AE version of chain gun, and the platinum chaingun )

I love supressing, Kills are a nice bonus to me, but i just love supressing,

So where as where i first only had 1 chaingun with 250 rounds in 1 clip, i can now change to an 2nd Chaingun on 2nd slot, also with 250 rounds, so now i can shoot 500 rounds in a direction without having to reload, since changing weapons is faster than reloading 1 clip.

So now 5 years later, i Still dont play any other LMG's or or shotguns... Double T7-Chain Miniguns FTW !!!!!
    • Up x 1
  6. Towie

I believe that is the very definition of TR dakka....
    • Up x 2
  7. DeadlyOmen

ASP{ is very much ill-conceived.

An opportunity to introduce new content was used to produce more of the (exact same).

ASP isn't bugged. Those that thought it was a good idea are bugged.
  8. Talthos

As soon as I hit ASP on my TR alt, I'm going double Chaingun too. That is too funny to pass up, ahahaha.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

well i'll be damned ...

... are you running ammobelt by chance?
  10. TheProScout

Yes, im the type of player that runs with ammo belt,

Hell i even maxed out Ammo Belt for the Engineer, so i can have more flares for my flaregun while on the move...