returning player quick ASP questions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by f0d, Feb 3, 2019.

1. f0d

hey all its been a while but im trying to get back into ps2 again
    i just found out about ASP and was just wondering if i enable it and reset my rank to zero do i lose anything?
    im hoping all i lose is my rank which i dont care about but keep all my banked up (4k) certs and unlocks

are there any downsides at all to enabling it and reseting to zero?

i know its probably a mega noob question but i havnt actually played in many years
  2. Campagne

That's mostly right, all you lose is your accumulated battle ranks.

It does however cost 10,000 certs to do if you don't have a membership, but otherwise there are no other costs or downsides.
  3. AlcyoneSerene

Title unlocks after BR100 that you haven't reached and unlocked, which I'm not sure how that will work after A.S.P., but you do get to keep up to whatever >BR100 titles you got.
  4. Armcross

I lost 10,000 certs. And Hope to the this I could put somewhere else quikly.
  5. Talthos

If you aren't a subscribed member, it costs 10,000 certification points. If you're subscribed, it's free.

Also, if you activate ASP before reaching Battle Rank 120, you permanently lose the chance to gain the rank icons and titles associated with Battle Rank 120. Regardless of when you activate ASP, any Battle Rank icons you gained for the levels you gained prior to ASP activation are kept, if I remember correctly.

Other than those, you lose nothing. Just be sure to pick your ASP perks wisely; you don't unlock the perks by sections, you pick individual perks within the sections themselves. You get one ASP token to start with, and you gain another ASP token every 25 Battle Ranks you gain while in ASP levels, up to ASP level 100 (so 5 tokens overall, if you include the 1 you start with).

And once you choose a perk, it's permanent (at the moment, no method exists to undo your ASP perk choices). So pick your ASP perks carefully.
  6. f0d

thanks guys thats exactly what i wanted to know
    i dont really care about rank icons/titles and anything cosmetic, i just want to be able to get the cheaper vehicle perks (especially magrider as i main as a tanker)