[Suggestion] Ground-based AA could use a buff.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talthos, Jan 20, 2019.

1. adamts01

I don't buy any of it. I doubt you even fly if you think small arms are even remotely effective against ESF. And this isn't coming from an infantry "pleb" perspective, I spend most of my time in the air. Small arms simply aren't a viable counter to ESF.
    • Up x 2
  2. Talthos

Agreed. And in my case, unless I'm hovering slowly like a fool, small arms inflict insignificant scratch damage, considering how few of the shots actually make contact.

Hell, I've been on both ends of that equation; I've shot at aircraft with small arms myself, and I've been shot at by small arms when I fly an ESF.

In any case, I'm just noticing his account's join date: He's only been here since January 6th of this year, meaning he's making broad judgments, when he's only been here for about 15 days.
  3. BigG

Small arms fire is very effective when focused. You can keep making up lies to feel better about being bad players and try and get things nerfed or you can adapt to the situation and come out ahead. If I have really only been here for 15 days then it is a shame that someone seasoned such as yourself is having so much trouble with it and someone so new has it already figured out. Also having a game account doesn't mean you automatically have a forum account. I could have played since beta and just registered a forum account 15 days ago. Shows just how little you actually understand about the systems you encounter.
    • Up x 1
  4. PlanetBound

And the pilot has accumulated or will accumulate enough Nanites to replace the aircraft. Hence, driving off an attacker becomes a victory since it is impossible to permanently keep aircraft from the battle.
  5. Talthos

I'm not asking for air to be nerfed, I'm asking for AA weapons to be buffed. Also, you should probably drop that haughty attitude if you want to be taken seriously.
    • Up x 1
  6. Demigan

The pilot has regained his nanites BECAUSE he gets to just move away. And regardless of how many nanites the ESF has, just temporarily sending him for repairs is not in any way, shape or form a victory.
  7. Demigan

He shouldnt just drop the attitude, but also his points. I have organized multiple squads to use small-arms against ESF and guess what? It is virtually useless.

- It is hard to have all your squaddies outside during the attack, you are busy with things like fighting others, rejoining the squad after death and looking in multiple directions.

- people who are engaging an ESF are almost always the ESF's victims. Small-arms fire is more a signal to get shot than a counter.

- Small-arms fire has a lot of weapon stat problems. Their damage falloff is so fast that an ESF at what for the aircraft is "close" distance will often already receive the lowest damage a bullet can deal or close to it.
    Infantry COF is designed for infantry ranges, sustained fire at an ESF is not practical and you need all your shots to hit to really have any chance to down the ESF.
    An ESF needs to barely do anything to move out of effective range of small-arms, any attempt to escape is almost an automatic success.
    The only way small-arms works is by using extraordinary amounts of infantry. 12 infantry not being able to down an ESF with focus-fire is already ludicrous, and you need closer to 24 people organized to have a chance of success.

He also makes the fallacy that "theres so much AA". Who cares? Theres more AV, both in terms of amount of weapons available and weapona used. And there's even more AI available and used than that! And of the AA available most isnt even useful! AA turrets were unjustly nerfed to uselessness and most AA weapons struggle to down an ESF (never mind a Lib) while sacrificing all their abilities to engage anything else.

The terrible thing is why AA turrets were nerfed. "because we get plinked". Scratch damage, that was the reason. Not actual danger, not how many there were used (practically none, an AMP station for example struggled to have more than 3 turrets filled before the nerf!). And this "we get plinked from everywhere" rethoric is also being used for other G2A weapons...

Pilots should get with the program and learn some basic facts. We could add 50 new Skyguard versions of similar power and aside from when they are released, the amount of G2A users wont go up. People would just have more choice in what to use. But we SHOULD get more G2A users so that aircraft cannot pick-and choose a battle based on AA presence. G2A should also get uses outside of AA duties so that it is already present before aircraft arrive, and the user wont feel that he's wasting his time holding one for aircraft that may not even be there.
    • Up x 2
  8. BigG

You statement is full of hypocrisy. You are complaining on one hand that there is no one outside to kill the esf. If noone is outside then how is the esf getting kills on you. You also claim it takes 24 infantry to down an esf which is blatant lie unless your players are downs. Anyone who spends just a little time in virtual training can disprove your claims. This has gotten laughable at this point.

If you don't stop lying I am gonna post video proof that exposes you all as the liars you are. a single T9 carv sets an esf on fire in 1 magazine. The original post was about esf ground pounders which would be easy to drop even if they removed all the AA from the game which is how the game was around launch time. There used to be 0 anti air options other than burster then lockon came out and in those days libs were masters of the sky and galaxy had ams like sunderer. If you had to deal with aircraft then, you would understand just how insanely easy it is to deal with them now. On top of all of this, aircraft render for infantry long before infantry render for aircraft. Last I checked infantry rendered for air at around 300m, but air rendered for infantry at around 600m. There is no reason to be having trouble with them. If there aren't any g2a players then maybe you should play it. It sounds like you want other people to keep the skies clear for you while you only focus on infantry. I am not being arrogant or superior. I am just telling the truth and the truth seems to be very hard for some people to deal with.
  9. Demigan

A pilot with bad reading comprehension to make his points? What a surprise! (not).

First a lesson in hypocrisy: It means that you tell other people to do something (or not to do something) but you don't follow your own advice.

Second a lesson in reading comprehension. The words "not enough" does not mean "no one" or "nothing", it means "The amount necessary hasn't been reached". With that in mind what I said meant "if you have 12 players organized you do not have the amount necessary outside and with a view of the plane when it engages players that are outside, not necessarily the players of your squad". You need 24 people or more because of this fact as it is going to be hard to get them all outside, within effective range and with a clear view of the aircraft.

Going to virtual to test this is ridiculous. You can test how many shots you need to down a stationary, not-resisting plane. But if you try to take that outside of the VR and try to engage an actual ESF that tries to murder you and is moving constantly you'll find that everything you thought you learned in the VR is completely besides the point.

please do. But outside of the VR. Show us how easy it is to down an active, I'll-kill-you-where-you-stand ESF. Don't show us what you can do in the VR, because if you use the VR you might as well say "Snipers are dominating the game as they can OHK from the longest ranges". Yes it's true, but accuracy has something to say about it as well, and the fact that you and your enemy are moving and the environment and many more factors.

I really really want to see your reaction if you manage to organize 12+ people to counter ESF only to get your face ripped off.

Ah yes, if you don't miss anything, IE in perfect conditions against an ESF that does not move or retaliate. This ofcourse perfectly represents the battlefield conditions when you are engaged by an ESF! Yes yes! And snipers always OHK on every single shot because everyone in VR stands still and does not retaliate so this is the same when you go in-game! And my tank canons OHK infantry on every shot! And the tank with the highest DPS automatically wins because no one ever misses! Oh and every shot is a rear-shot, because your opponent does not move and waits for the "engagement" to start until you fire! This is all truth! Listen to the great book of pilots which speaks of the men in the sky who shall rain their crap truth down on those below!

And you actually believe this? Do you remember launch? The time where a Nosegun could almost win a direct DPS battle with a Skyguard and with rocketpods you could just outright win from a Skyguard? The time where MAX's wouldn't render for ESF until they were within 50m and still 2 Burster MAX's didn't stand a chance to down an ESF? The time where small-arms were also virtually useless against ESF?

You weren't there at launch then! You must be reading stuff from back then and mixing them up as the AMS on Galaxies was only there shortly in the Beta but it was removed before launch. You also obviously don't know the absolute hell it was back then to use G2A, it was worse than it is now!

You are really trying to warp reality here aren't you? I know it's gotten better, but that's only because it was virtually impossible to down an aircraft before. That doesn't make it hard to make it "insanely easy" compared to before, it also means that just because it's "insanely easy" compared to before the G2A can still be completely useless right now.

You are arrogant, you are also lacking comprehension and lying about everything to get your way. I have auraxed the Skyguard for example, I have done my bit for G2A. You apparenlty haven't done anything with G2A, and I'll welcome you to try it.
    • Up x 2
  10. Nenarch

To original poster:

If lock ons haven't been changed and your that good. Enjoy the game as your a superior pilot.

I never complain about farmers, if they got the skills enjoy them as your top of the food chain of your server and you'r forced to look for other farmers to get a good skill improving fights. Other good players will find you, thou problem is if there isn't any online.. u'll get bored and end up doing some crazy low score/per hour stuff like I do when I can't find any real opponents.

Games a sandbox, even if u farm, u can do fun stuff aswell with few mates. That's how we played when the damn score cap was BR100 for months and we had nothing to do than enjoy the game. Wierdest kind of crap happened back then instead of going for the maximium farm unless we where competiting inside our own squad of farmers.

Prolly too rusty myself these days to be considered a farmer, will take me atleast a month before I can call myself a farmer. Oh well it's winter here and 2,5month winter vacation so maybe I'll reach the farmer status again on my server as infantry player.
  11. Talthos

The enjoyment is shallow, because it doesn't take much learning to get the gist of ESF AA evasion; past the 'basics', all you're doing is becoming more consistently 'untouchable'. I don't enjoy sitting at the top of a heap that didn't challenge me that hard. Know what I'm saying?

Rather unfortunate that there are people who would prefer to keep this game 'unfinished', if they happen to gain more power from it staying that way.
  12. Yessme

disagree this thread.
    because harraser ranger, kills an esf in 3 seconds if you hit.
    to time i play much harr, and can say, flak is too much op.
    libs leav me, if i face them and i got only a 150 nanites vihecle.
    a harr wo drives around, with ranger = owernage vs all aircrafts.

i just see, you a infanterysider, who whiny " i can`t kill with my 1 HA, any Aircraft" you just blame a game.
    a tipp, play that game, try some thing and you will see, some **** thing is owenage in his role.
  13. BigG

Launch/beta it was around the same time basically blurred together. Galaxy could spawn players and people were putting tanks inside biolabs and all kinds of crazy stuff and you could teamkill in the warpgate. Remember all you nerds getting farmed by BCP and the Enclave? Memory isn't 100%. My bad if I confused a couple weeks before launch with a couple weeks after launch. I guess it discredits my entire existence. It was long ago. Anyway it doesn't matter how long either of us have experience in the game or how we "feel" things are, what matters are the facts and the facts have been posted. It is kinda funny how you say that even if I post video proof then you will not accept it because you think VR is useless because the game happens outside VR with "other factors." Typical snowflake response. VR is a very valuable tool. It is pure facts and no bull. It is like the textbook for the game. It's like saying training mode is stupid in fighting games because when you fight real players they fight back. Hurr Durr. You can learn the systems there and apply them in combat. Do you know how many decimator shots it takes to drop a magrider from the front/back/sides? How many c4 kill a lightning with flanker armor? What about how many striker shots to kill a liberator with composite armor? How many shots from the base rocket launcher on all faction to drop a sunder with blockade armor? Some of the best players in the game I have encountered know this kind of information. It is information that is giving people an advantage over you and you are just calling it worthless. Anyone who wants proof can just go into VR and test it. That is what it is there for. It is not my fault if you complain that you can't hit moving targets. It just means you need to practice more or put yourself into a situation that makes it easier to land the shots. I am sticking by the stance that you are just being bad at something and failing to adapt. I am being as truthful as I can possibly be and the only reality that is warped is yours.

I also like how how everyone is going back and editing their posts after they get called out. Like the one where someone complains that esf is too easy to use against people, but in the same posts complains that they won't pull one because they are impossible to fly due to controls. I am outta here, you people sicken me. Enjoy getting farmed. Git Gud Scrubs.
  14. Sazukata

Watch out, guys. We have an internet tough boy who will set you weaklings straight with irrefutable FACTS and TRUTH :p

Some words of wisdom: Narcissism is a powerful hallucinogen.
    • Up x 2
  15. Inogine

Hell that was using skyguards back then? Ho-boy I remember those days and they were great. Rendering issues aside, being able to tackle other tanks on top of ESF/libs/gals was glorious. Kinda too powerful really. I don't remember seeing ESF run away with the show, nor have I seen that even today... In fact me and my buddies joke about it every time we see air. "Look at all that over-powered air!" is all you'll hear on our discord every time we spot even a single air vehicle.

It's kinda the same argument for harassers easily running infantry over. If it is, why are you not placing down mines/obstacles for it? That turret engies deploy can act as a sudden stopper too! Get creative. There is no all powerful being in Planetside 2... Cept admins, but they don't exist anymore.

Unless I've been swarmed, I've generally killed all engaging ESF/Libs that tried to out duel a ground target. Now, smart ones won't stick around long enough to get the killing blow put on them, but I see them drop a lot of times if there's even one other flak source. Even a single mobile flak source tends to put them under fast enough to make them reconsider sticking around for long.

This is me, solo, uncoordinated. If a pilot's having an easy time of it, they're likely picking out easy targets out of habit. A lot of times I don't see folks attempting to take on my skyguard or harasser ranger head on unless they have numbers on their side in both air and ground. I did have one exception yesterday, but that was due to us being at their warpgate and there being a number of pressing ground units as well as multiple flights of air. Even then, it was only one lib that dared to come at me straight and he still paid for the effort and died shortly after. Props to him though, he was tenacious.

Air can avoid being engaged by ground, sure, but they're not making certs when they're looking for a fight, only once they're in it. Once they're in the fight, sure they can rack up certs easily as they have a number of options mounted to their vehicle to engaged grouped targets. Don't want air having an easy time of it? Pay attention to them. Spread out. You paid nothing for your general load out, they paid nanites for theirs. Vehicles have larger payloads than infantry cause... they're vehicles. Surprise.
  16. adamts01

You're comical at this point. Please post that video and show us how great small arms are against ESF.
  17. BigG

Now Just imagine a few more people engaging. Small arms fire melts esf when focused.
  18. Demigan

The VR is good for Newbs to learn some basics, or for veterans to test some new item. Otherwise it's useless. You can learn how many C4 it takes to take out a vehicle, but you can't learn how to C4 an active vehicle. You can learn how many magazines it takes to down a MAX, but you can't learn how to actually stay alive long enough against one to actually accomplish it in the VR.

And yes, the facts matter, so why are you continuing to pump out untruths? Like how "other factors" are a snowflake response? I honestly hadn't seen that one and boy we've had some weird crap on here.

The fact that you try to parade the VR as the holy grail of learning for the best of the best and try to downplay my points by saying "you must be bad", which even if it was true wouldn't discredit what I actually say, is very telling. The only reason "people like me" sicken you is because we have a point, and you don't want to lose your position of power.
    • Up x 2
  19. Demigan

Post another video! This time of an ESF killing infantry! It'll be a lot shorter than 23 seconds, and if your 23 second video is proof of how infantry can "melt" an ESF, then a video showing an ESF murdering infantry should be proof that ESF would murder entire squads on each pass! Yes yes!
  20. BigG