Hitbox / Aimbot Users on the Rise

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wolfborne, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Vanguard540

If what I sometimes see from the same players is pure luck. Why are they playing PS2 and they're not in Vegas.
    • Up x 1
  2. PlanetBound

The original poster probably wasn't referring to the occasional occurrence.
    • Up x 1
  3. ObiVanuKenobi

I had an NC sniper bolt me while i was on a moving Flash mid-air. And it was simply luck. Sniping a moving target might not be very easy but it's not that hard either. And luck is a thing, i've noscoped moving targets countless times.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/922b6j/nc_really_have_the_best_snipers/
  4. Nenarch

Some players are just good, learning curve is harsh in ps2 it takes 30d of gameplay to be even good in my eyes not to mention time played being in top10 of your server if u got the potential for that, and dev's do ban ppl.

I wish I could count how many times I have been reported for hacking or aimbotting, in the end some devs took a look of my gameplay and never got penalized for my gameplay. Many have same problem, there's loads of reports but they do something about them always. Seen few hackers but next day they weren't anymore in the game.

Anyways will see next month if there's a problem with cheaters or not, as I'm on vacation and can spend most of the days ingame.
  5. Inogine

As to the sudden uptick of actual hackers, however, it might be a preparation for Arena which uses the same engine. I'd imagine since the devs have stated that "Cross content will be a thing" that it would apply to hackers on the engine too. Not often you can prep easily for a "new" game so directly.
    • Up x 1
  6. Towie

IF they use the same game engine and internal data structures (a distinct possibility) - cheats will be in from day 1. I still haven't used my free download code...

I'm convinced that DBG can do more to shift stuff around and generally mix things up on a regular basis (I remember early digital TV had rarely-changing pay TV codes that people could use to program a CI module - this happened until the broadcasters produced a rapidly changing code which instantly made this technique obsolete).