Question: How do you deal with construction trolls?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zorok, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Zorok

I'm sure that some of you who play construction from time to time experience something like this:

You build a construction base a little bit behind friendly lines and then you set down your defenses to include pain fields etc. Right after you set down your orbital strike object, suddenly a lone wolf player begins to assault your base in a multitude of ways. They'll grab lightnings, harassers, drop into your base from an ESF, and finally pull up a sunderer. Eventually they'll take up residence in the pill box and begin to kill your modules. Any attempt to exterminate them is met with your instant death as they'll bring along one of those spit-fire turrets. :mad:

I'm certainly not the best player in the game but I'm about average at best. When they start camping inside a pill box, seemingly immune to the pain field that you set up right outside it, what would be the best way to counter their tactics? Sure, it's best to get some of your squad to help, but I really don't want to ask for help when they are busy trying to capture a point.

The bad thing is that this same individual seems to pop up every time a construct a base and it seems he gets a kick out of trolling construction players. The only other thing that I didn't try is to have grabbed an AI Max and go in there and tear him to shreds but with my luck he probably also had AV mines for just such an occasion.

Has anyone else ran into such players and what successes did you have in purging your base of such nuisances?
    • Up x 5
  2. Twin Suns

Dats funny. I needed a good bit of humor.

Belay my last, if you're being serious.

o7
    • Up x 1
  3. csvfr

Farm them.

It is possible to keep modules safe inside the pillbox if the spawntube is placed at its entrance blocking the doorway. This should at least protect an AI module, which when paired with an Anti-infantry tower will decrease habitability for hostiles in the base.

If a bunker is placed, damage the terminal until its burning and place proximity mines on it. This will destroy the terminal on a hacking attempt, perhaps taking out an inconsiderate infiltrator but most importantly stopping a hostile MAX from appearing.

If a base is well constructed Harassers should not be able to get in. Make sure that all 3 repair modules are in range of the Anti-vehicle turret to increase survivability against tank attacks. If an MBT shows up an ESF with rockets might be your best bet to counter it.

The best "purge" tip I know is to not let provocateurs enter in the first place, this by building on/in difficult terrain.
    • Up x 2
  4. Vanguard540

This is how I auraxiumed the blackhand, bullying base builder with a stalker infil.
    • Up x 2
  5. Sindroms

Ask yourself, why could have they take up residence in your pillbox.
    Perhaps you should have placed the killfield elsewhere. Perhaps you should have not used a pillbox.
    Perhaps you should have put down betties/claymores?
    Etc.
  6. JobiWan

I usually just, ya know, kill them.

You lost all credibility when you said you faced instant death from spitfire turrets. Hilarious.
    • Up x 2
  7. PlanetBound

I've done my share of long wolf "trolling" of PMB's. A base in a reasonably defensible location with people dedicated to maintaining it is the best deterrent.
    • Up x 1
  8. TRspy007

This is funny cuz when u saw the question how to deal with construction trolls, I immediately thought you were going to ask how to deal with these trolls who build bases deep inside enemy territory or better yet build them in the middle of the road. I was thinking you were going to ask how does one fight such trolls when they pack their base with pain fields and AI turrets and skyshields. But no you're just asking about how you kill the poor guys trying to deter these construction trolls from harassing us with their orbitals. Lol this is so hypocritical idk whether to laugh or cry
    • Up x 2
  9. Armcross

Spitfire for a reliable alarm. Darklight on main gun. Mines and AI tower. Do the pillbox spawtube thing and place all your module inside it.