[Suggestion] Add Hit Counter to the HUD

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarAnubis, Jan 20, 2019.

1. DarkStarAnubis

Add an hit counter to the HUD:

[IMG]

The orange number above the ammo counter is an hit counter and registers the number of hits while you fire until you reload a magazine or switch to another weapon: once you do that the counter will reset to zero.

It should help veteran players to burst more efficiently and fresh players to better understand CoF and Bloom: no more "I unloaded and entire magazine on him and he didn't die, he's hacking!".
    • Up x 5
  2. Demigan

I really like the idea, but perhaps change it slightly. Instead of one hit counter until you reload, make it multiply if you hit multiple persons.
    Say: you hit one person, one hit counter is displayed. You hit 3 different persons with one clip 3 counters are displayed so you get a better idea of how many hits you had on one person. Otherwise you might think "see! The counter says 15 hits!" while you didnt realize some stray bullets hit someone else.
    Probably best to keep it at 3 maximum to prevent a Lasher for example to see too many counters.

As an alternative you could perhaps display the actual damage dealt as well?
  3. icufos

Just a top idea. Hope the 'creators' read your post and do it.:cool:
  4. Beerbeerbeer

Cool idea.

I’ll go one step further: they need to create elements similar to recursion and incorporate them natively. I refuse to use third-party anything, but I do like some of the features recursion offers.
  5. Commander Tychus

That. Is THE best idea I've heard in a long while.. Better than PSA IMO. Should be implemented ingame.

But if the devs can't seem to do that. Then someone that makes mods for the Recursion Stat Tracker UI should be able to make a mod for it.

Hopefully someone will get the message and make it happen.
  6. Talthos

Yes, this is a good idea.
  7. DarkStarAnubis

There are of course many variations, but I am a KISS believer.

I had considered also tracking headcounts differently or considering damage, but at the end one hit marker is good enough (we won't get it anyway ... :))