[Guide] Cyrious Guides to Knowing Planetside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sarmane, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Sarmane

Cyrious goes through Sunderer tactics on Spawn Placement, Battlebus, Armour Convoy and general approaches to using the Sunderer.
  2. Sarmane

I'm not Cyrious but I see where you are coming from in terms of metrics being weighed towards defences over attacks being recorded. Cyrious is just trying to pry the idea of being a good player in Planetside revolving around/synonymous with knowing how to farm rather than being willing to take on difficult fights IMO. Also those assumptions you have put forward can be valid and still hold weight for Cyrious's view that good players can be good farmers but they could also be good fighters in more difficult fights but they have developed a culture where they try to maximise their fight selection to be as frictionless to them in terms of fight options (farming rather than venturing into cluster **** fights). That's my take at least.
  3. DarkStarAnubis

I like a lot Cyrious episodes, but on this I am with JibbaJabba.

The point of Cyrious about being "good" players and picking difficult (usually offensive) fights is valid, however the metric he has chosen does not stand.

You can pick a lot of offensive but desperate and hopeless fights and ending up with abysmal results despite all your effort. That does not make you a good player despite good intentions.

Conversely you can fight hard in defensive and sustain your faction and contribute decisively to winning the alert.

Truth is, IMHO, that all those statistics are pretty much useless to figure out whether a player is "good" (whatever it may mean) or not: you need to play together to figure it out.

Renz0r made a good video about that, and the dichotomy between being a "good" player showing a good TTK/SPM and being a "good" player by clearing a room and dying in the effort.
  4. icufos

5. Blam320

I've only ever seen Cyrious play in zergs where he has no chance of losing. Shame, because MERC is one of the only TR outfits to actually have skilled players.
  6. Sarmane

Been away from the forum for a bit. Cyrious has been making vids regardless, here's a couple to get this going again for anyone out there looking for help in playing Planetside!