PlanetSide Arena

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Dec 12, 2018.

1. iller

• Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

People speculating that DBG will reveal a Planetside themed battle royale game.
  3. raffa2

OH NO NO NO NO
    • Up x 1
  4. gunnner10

Yes I have a phone, but DBG already broke their games, I don't want them breaking my phone too!
    • Up x 1
  5. Gen.Drake61

I missed the stream,was it a br version?if so is planetside 2 gonna be shutdown in favor of the new game?
  6. Towie

Umm - it's tonight isn't it (or today depending on where you are) - I added the calendar entry to my diary and it's at 18:00 GMT.
    • Up x 1
  7. LegendarySalmonSnake

I still have a faint semblance of hope that it would be something original like an RTS or FPSRPG set around the time when Auraxis was discovered and the "Planetside Arena" is just an epic bait. We'll see in a few hours.
  8. Twin Suns

meh...catering to "Phoners" from the John Cusak film "Cell".

“At bottom, you see, we are not Homosapiens as all. Our core is madness. The prime directive is murder. What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherf$&@?! in the jungle. And that is what the DBG pulse exposed five days ago.”

LMAO
    • Up x 1
  9. raffa2

[IMG]

At least it's clearly a console moneygrab, hopefully it will finance planetside 3
  10. Blam320

As of 10am Pacific this morning, Daybreak announced their newest game, PlanetSide: Arena, which is essentially a run-of-the-mill standard shooter game that happens to use PlanetSide assets, mechanics, and weapons.

I cannot understate how utterly disappointed I am that Daybreak decided to sell out to the minority of players that wanted Battle Royale or other standard shooter game modes in PlanetSide. They took everything that made PlanetSide unique and neutered it for the brainless bottom line that PlanetSide seems to have built up over the last few years. Not to mention it's going to have battle passes and other really crap microtransactions on top of a base purchase.

Not to mention this parasite has likely siphoned resources that could have gone to making improvements to PlanetSide.

Unless Arena turns out to be the best decision they could have made, and somehow doesn't end up killing its predecessor, DBC lost a potential paying customer. PlanetSide2 will still be my go-to game, but don't expect me to buy any DBC or memberships anytime soon.
  11. Ak69

Infantry side, just went even more infantry.
    • Up x 3
  12. Cyropaedia

I got an email with a redeemable code to get the PSA base game free on Steam as a PS2 player.

I liked how Wrel's not-so-suble plug for Oshur and "another faction" on the live-stream overshadowed the watered down gameplay of PSA.

Edit: Did they mention anything about cross-platform play?
  13. TwistaX

1st of all, I hate you because you have a VS picture.... back to the subject - I think DB is trying to ride the "Battle Royal" horse to squeeze a few more bucks in to the bank account... Thats all fine but don't name it "Planetside". The name Planetside :Arena is contradictary to its self.

2nd , I doubt anyone in my Outfit will buy this - if I want this game style, Ill go buy BF5 or COD... I play PS1/ PS2 because of its unique and un-matched size ..
    • Up x 1
  14. Caudill

Watching the death of Daybreak Games live on stream today was truly GLORIOUS. They took al the money you spent on Planetside 2 in the past year and instead of using it to improve the product you bnought, they used it to create a cash scam on Fortnite kids. Unsubsribe today to show them what you think of this.
    • Up x 6
  15. Eligor78

I agree with the OP. It's a shame that they wasted resources on this abomination of "game" when they could spend them to improve the REAL planetside.

I won't never play it, even if it will be free to play.
    • Up x 3
  16. Pikachu

Well that was underwhelming. o_O Take a chunk out of PS2 and call it a new game.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kristan

So DBG have decided to make their own Tribes with blacjack and hookers. I'm fine with it.
  18. Scatterblak

<sigh>......
    • Up x 1
  19. Scatterblak

Agreed. Pretty amazing. It's like a continual cavalcade of bad decisions, driven by the fact that DBG doesn't actually have any developers - they have 'ForgeLight Modders'. There may be no fixing what's wrong now *and* no PS3 because they have literally no one on staff that has that sort of programming experience. :(

Let's hope they discover Unreal Engine and at least figure out how to mod and script up something worth playing with the revenues from this boondoggle....
    • Up x 1
  20. Kristan

You guys are too fixed around BR mode, while this game gonna have more classic multiplayer shooter modes.

Also let's be honest... no matter how we hate BRs, they make money.
    • Up x 1