A thank you where it is due. (Magriders)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exileant, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Exileant

:D Oh please if the truth is getting old to you, get lost. Do ME and YOURSELF a favor and do not post in my threads, o_O because I am just as sick of reading your garbage of "you must not know how to use it." :p Especially since you STILL have no clue on how to use a Buzzard... I really won't miss you. Let me explain something to you, kill boards mean squat. :rolleyes: You can easily get vehicle kills if you sit back and let infantry do all the hard work and then stick your big honking Gun in their business and claim the final shot. Or wait to pull a weak tank until their are 2 more to back you up. :confused: That is how LIGHTNINGS get so many kills on M.B.T.s. It is funny to me that most of the people saying the Magrider was and is fine MAINLY use other factions. Sure it is fine so long as you can easily kill it. :eek: Vanguards were at one point were mobile Warpgates. Even though they moved like Frozen Syrup the shield lasted long enough and upped its defense so high, it would STILL demolish you in 1 on 1 combat, without moving, because while the shield was on an ENGINEER would pop out and heal it. o_O THEN it got an insane speed boost, to the point of the tank being able to flat out DRIFT, This gave it the SAME ABILITY as the Magrider "Always being able to keep it's hard point forward" with the added bonus of 2 mobile turrets. :eek: The Vanguard can still do a toned down version of Tokyo Drift too, if you set it up right. The tank is STILL one of the most dominant on the field, thanks to its single hit damage and over all speed the ONLY reason people lose them is because they get beside themselves when they dismantle like 2 or 3 M.B.T.s alone, they start thinking they can take out an entire army and get sloppy.

:D As far as the Prowler comment, Yes, you need to trail off... Because you don't read. :confused: I said Prowlers were the top long range tank in the game, bar none. They have Carpet ability, a glitch that fires 3 rounds instead of 2 per reload, the ability to sniper by speeding up their shell velocity and the ability to increase reload speed over maximum, TWICE.
    o_O The Magrider depends on movement to survive, movement it could not achieve moving a full 10 and 15 K.P.H. slower than that of the other tanks. It also have the added double edge sword of being taken advantage of by Lightnings. :eek: Just as we can crawl over a friendly Lightning, an enemy can slip into our blind spot and park under us and just stick its barrel in. No aiming needed. o_O The other tanks push our nose up so we cannot see how to shoot. :( And we were way too slow to do anything about it. By the time we figured out what direction they may not travel to get off of them they have fired 2 clips point blank into us. So we are at 50-25% health and they are now at 80% or higher thanks to suppression. or a quick thinking Engineer. You could not come back from that. Especially in the face of a Vanguard, because if they were GOOD players, they waited until you found your way off to activate their shield... At that point, you may as well have gotten out.

;) Now it is a possibility you are just that good in the Magrider to have never encountered these tactics. But honestly, It is my firm believe that you have not encountered any decent fighters that main as the other factions while you "Vacation" on Vanu's side. Otherwise you would know just how bad the tank was. :p Again, I had gotten the same way in Super Smash Brothers Melee. I could use Pichu (not Pikachu) and not only beat all of the challenge stages but fight the computer on level 9, 3 strong even all against me. I started to believe that the obvious weakest character in the game was just fine. And to me, she was. :)D Red Bow forever!) Until I fought people with my skill with them using top tier characters, like Yoshi or Dr. Mario... :eek: Even though I still won, I honestly saw just how much blood tears and cracks in the controler it took to win using something that hurt itself more often than it hurt others. They were having fun, and enjoying themselves, while I was calculating every flipping move and felt like I just worked half a shift after the match was done. :mad: Hands, neck and back hurting... And you want me to say Good Game?! :p Perhaps after a nice long nap. Hahaha! (Gamecube, You all may be too young to remember it. Hahaha!) To make it work you had to be skilled.

:D The only reason topics go the way they do is because you show up with a nasty attitude. ;) I am quick to tell people where they can place said attitude though, so it seems like we were made for each other.
  2. Exileant

:D Get out of here with that, just GET.... OUT.... That is one minor weapon in a SEA of Magnum Round spitting Death Engines. :rolleyes: That was not your Dang Vanguard. :p Hahahaha! Mag-Scatter..... :eek: Shame on you.;)
  3. Exileant

;) You may be able to hold your own NOW. But ask them to set up the old Magrider speeds for you to use, :D and then video your own butt kicking for me. o_O A Vanguard did not lose that fight unless you completely caught it bumper down, lubricating a tree. And even then... That shield would even the odds nicely .
  4. grazr

The statistics would suggest that your experience is relatively unique as the performance values between the Vanguard and Magrider are close enough to be argued to be within each others margin of error. Though the Prowler does pull ahead of the others by a notable margin, this has been understood for donkies now. The magriders main defensive advantage however is dynamic, which means if you don't utilise its 2 dimensional movement, you don't mitigate damage like it was designed for. If you are having a hard time then the implication is that either you're not exploiting the vehicles advantages properly or you have the unfortunate coincidence of having always gone against more organised and veteran players. Unfortunately one is more likely than the other.

P.S. see my signature for prior Magrider performance advantages.
    • Up x 3
  5. Demigan

Let's just recite all the bullcrap in here:

1. Since Buzzard can do something all AV-capable Flash weapons can do, it's A-OK regardless of it's purpose or how easy it is.
    2. Lightnings do magical wolf-packs and magically get better scores
    3. Lightnings are weak
    4. "people who say the Magrider is fine mainly use other factions". It's called faction bias, all factions have their players who believe their faction is the only one that is disadvantaged. Vanu's inferiority complex has made this faction bias into an art.
    5. Vanguards with shields could simultaneously defeat 2 or 3 other MBT's. You don't even realize that even with the invincible shield it had in the past it did not have the DPS or longevity to actually beat 2 or 3 MBT's, especially with the Saron and Prowler we had back then.
    6. Vanguards can drift and somehow magically use this to always have their frontal armor facing the enemy
    7. If Vanguards can always keep their frontal armor at the enemy they somehow still are more powerful with 'mobile turrets', even though if you can always have the frontal armor facing the enemy you don't need a mobile turret anymore as you can just fire straight at the enemy.
    8. I only mentioned the Prowler's Barrage ability change, I did not reply to anything you said with that comment. "learn to read" is some advice you could really use
    9. Prowler being the top long-range tank. Ignoring that the Prowler is well capable of being a top CQC brawler as well (just like the Magrider can, or the Vanguard).
    10. Prowler 3-round glitch is a problem for Prowlers. You apparently don't know yet, but the 3rd shot deals no damage, but it does prevent you from reloading early so it hampers your DPS. Once again your lack of information shows.
    11. Magriders went faster than 10 to 15 km/h before the update. Also "slower than that of other tanks"? The other tanks have no ability to strafe. If you are referring to broadsiding the enemy and driving backwards and forwards the strafe ability is still superior due to the Magrider's smaller front, more armored front, ability to better weave in and out of cover and the ability to still move forwards while strafing.
    12. A lightning can at best get 1 shot off into the belly of a Magrider, unless he's called Exileant and just sits there panicking apparently.
    13. If you let a Vanguard/Prowler get against your front and let it inconvenience you for more than half a second, unlikely to make you miss a shot as you'll probably be reloading, you really don't know how to use a Magrider or like drunk ops too much. When I'm in a Magrider and an enemy tank drives up my front it's the perfect opportunity to get behind them and get rear-shots in. You are fast enough to use that unless the lack of speed is in your brain. Or how about this: Everyone in the game is cheating because their Magriders are way faster than anything you make them out to be!
    14. Figuring out where a Vanguard/Prowler/Lightning is going is easy. You look where the front is pointed, that's usually in the direction of the length of the vehicle FYI, and realize they can only go backwards or forwards, or need to make a large circular motion. A Magrider cannot have it's direction predicted as easily. (anyone surprised that basic things like this have to be explained to him?)
    15. Engineers hop out, repair their Vanguard/Prowler a bit and hop back in without losing DPS while a Magrider is humping their tank, all before a Magrider can figure out what the Vanguard/Prowler is doing. Sounds legit.
    16. Can't discern how a Magrider is played but is somehow able to be skillful in SSBM against "top tier players".
    17. Thinks the only reason threads go this way is because of me, after throwing 15 brainfarts at everyone.
    • Up x 4
  6. Desann

Again, I have not used the pathetic, weak, and sad version of the magboost that is the post nerf. Its just absolutely silly on how weak magboost is (in its current form) compared to the prowler base-PWNAGE lockdown mode or a vanguards ROFL super shield.

Back in the day, when magriders climbed mountains and the saron was an anti-tank sniper LASER, the magrider was feared. Many TR and NC tears flooded the forums crying for nerfs, and they got what they wanted. With the Higlemyster at the helm of the NC hoard, and other developers rocking red/black themed outfits at their design studio, the vanu were nerfed into the dirt. Alas, I will always be vanu no matter how crappy our "futuristic alien-tech weapons are". Its called factional loyalty! This is a concept that eludes many Planetside 2 players, 4th factioners, and somedevelopers alike.

The main concept of planetside is quite simple:

TR = Rate of fire, overwhelming force
    NC= Hitting hard, being tough
    VS= MOBILITY, LASERS(flat firing weapons)

The magrider lost its mobility due to TR/NC tankers crying that they couldn't fire over bumpy terrain. Then they got the tank turret stability upgrade, while the magrider remained a sluggish floaty blob of purple silliness.
    • Up x 1
  7. Exileant

o_O Being since I like to remain constructive here I am going to at least try to beat some tactics into you forum jockey... Like I said, there are those who talk and those who play, since I can be gone for weeks actually DOING the things I preach about while you apparently are here every day, :D I am sure you might be behind the times on the games actual capabilities.
    Now you said you were going to recite the bull here, but you go between that and trying to comment on it, so yes I say learn how to type as well. Ready?

1: o_O Your original argument about the Buzzard was that it was weak compared to the other two and could not be used because unless it DETONATED it would do no damage. :DI told you that was a lie and told you how to use it from there...

2 and 3: :rolleyes: Obviously you do not play too often because somewhere down the line you would have met Buda and Lima-Charlie. Both are very good at using the weaker vehicles in the game and they use them in packs to ambush their targets. o_O Lightnings ARE weak, that is why they are so fast. On their own I have 0 problems targeting them and ending them, unless they manage to get under me first and to do this, most of them use Vehicle Stealth. :D I just ran into Buda yesterday with a partner in twin Lightnings. I can honestly say without the speed boost I would not have survived them, nor would I have managed to kill one of them in that sea of blue at our bases gate. I will save the rest for later--

4: :confused: Bias works when you say something is better than it actually is. It is better because you prefer it... Most of VANU's players do not PREFER anything but looks. o_O If one person says it is a mess, you can claim skepticism as it may be an isolated incident, but when multiple people are posting threads asking "WHY DOES VANU HAVE THE WORST WEAPONS AND VEHICLES IN THE GAME?" something is wrong. :eek: Where BIAS come in, are the few people who come back and say "Hey the weapons are fine." Like I explained with me and Pichu. I like the character and went to the ends of the earth to increase my skill with her. I rarely lose with her. But if you give me a character even a fraction better (Say... Samus) I will wipe the floor with anything to the point of often scaring even the computer from trying to mount an attack at level 9. o_O The same goes for most Vanu here. If you can fly a Scythe and win 90% of times, You will win 99% of the time in a Mosquito or the absolute best plane in the game, the Reaver. The only plane that does not even need an afterburner to constantly reverse from any direction. :confused: Or can CLIMB inverted standing still in a dead hover less than an inch off the ground. But that information was wasted on you because you have no idea what it applies to... :p Moving on.

5: :confused: You do not comprehend what you read, I said the only reason Vanguards would get killed was because after they destroyed 2-3 M.B.T.s on their own, :D (MEANING SOLO) they would get arrogant and bite off more than they could chew. Even now A Vanguard is still capable of engaging multiple targets and winning. Gameplay footage does not lie. Hunterfury is a good friend of mine, like me he plays all 3 however his main is N.C. o_O He can personally attest to it's ability to kill 2 tanks at once as he was my gunner as I tore down the desert monuntan hill in Indar leading to that base lodged in the mountain that has the large deep pit in the middle of it I call it the Sand Lot. The name escapes me at the moment. It is in the direction of Ti. :D Granted, I scared both of them half to death when I rounded that bend but it was a heads up fight using the standard main gun. Which leads to--

6: o_O --as I was sideways for most of that fight, drifting. What got us killed was arrogance. I also killed a truck, but did not bother to shield until it dropped us to 25% and we all know what usually happens after you get that 3rd skilled vehicle kill. :D Some random low rank Lightning or in our case, car sees smoke, pops up out of nowhere and seemingly lands every hit where it needs to be and boom... As if to say: :cool: "Don't let that go to your head, punk..." Magic has nothing to do with drifting, the dang thing will do it on its own if you have enough room, it may take a bit of skill to do so in tight quarters but it certainly possible. This leads to--

7: ;) As far as tactics go, it would be like expecting you to know why a Reavers thrust being powerful enough to climb inverted during a dead standstill is so important. You probably would not get it even if I bothered to take the time to explain it to you. I mean it is obvious but that is not something you seem to grasp with ease... Or at least pretend not to. o_O Either way it is called thinking outside of the box, or "Critical Thinking." Apply this to a Drifting Vanguard and it should click. A hint. A Lightning can also drift. Why is that important?

8: :D No you did not, nor I did specify that you did. That was me telling you this is my response to your comment. :p Learn to comprehend.

9: o_O Anybody with EYES can read that in no way did I ever say I Prowler could not fight close range, in fact it was the best thanks to its top speed, low profile Tri-shot cannon, and top guns that would not look out of place atop a Lightning.... :confused: Sooo I have no idea where you got (9) from. But that brings me to--

10: :eek: I have no problem taking that third hit from a Prowler, nor do I have a problem sinking in all 3 and getting kills with it. So this is as false as the claim you made about the Buzzard not doing damage unless it explodes. I am more so on the fence about it being a Glitch. o_O I am more so thinking it has to do with an attempt to be like Aphelion's burst attack. Eventually a chance of a third shot arises.

11: :confused: I have no idea where you got that, other than not reading.... :rolleyes: They went 10 to 15 KPH slower "THAN THAT OF THE OTHER TANKS" :D 80 K.P.H. (Prowlers Top speed) - 65 K.P.H. (Magriders former top speed) = 15. That is how you come up with the difference of two speeds. :( I would shake my head but I am just saddened by having to explain that....

12: --Is a brain-fart from you because your list is supposed to be bull crap I said, right? So since it is here that means you agree Lightnings can easily sink in more than one shot under you. Unless it is me, who I guess moves like the wind and suffers only one hit, right? :D I mean this list is supposed to be about you rehashing the bull crap I said, right? :p You cannot even devise a proper put-down list.... o_O But for the sake of argument I will comprehend what you lacked expressing with that comment. To that I can easily say, you just have not encountered anyone worth a dang in a lightning while you were (Vacationing) on your Vanu character....

13: ;) Mmmm-hm. You definitely could use that time to crawl your slow tail over them to get behind them.... And what do you think they will be doing when you try? Hitting you in the face, Magnet Drive and if they are even the least bit skilled the rear just as you try to pass over with that turn. Otherwise they simply follow you keeping the front forward bu doing what? :eek: Backing up.... This is all if they cared to let you try to begin with. Most would just hit the gas and start drifting until they find something to put their tush against. Or let the rough ground provide wonderful shot interference. :D NOW we can do something about that because we are now just fast enough to give chase to the tush. Before? This was not happening.

14: o_O I grew up on games that tested my skill level at Geometry. I was an avid Armored Core player until they came out with the 5 series........ Strafing is nothing new to me, and I know far better than most strafing will do you no good unless you have the speed to match it. ;) No my friend, if anything I suffered when it came to the concept of ONLY dual Propulsion on a single axis. True of the standard tank. I am used to fighting with 4 and combining them to make new lines. The Magrider I understood instantly. But just like in A.C. (For Answer more so than most) If you do not have the speed to keep up with your target, it does not matter what direction you can travel, you will simply die trying to get to your location or get kited to death because you will never be able to do so... o_O Now it would have been quite another ordeal if the turret speed matched that of the other tanks, when the others pulled that charge crap, we could have pulled a quick "bull fighter" movement, but it doesn't thanks to having to turn the entire tank. :D So what if you cannot off-the-bat predict which way a Magrider is going to go, in reality it could only go 2 directions in order to make you miss laterally, from the front or back, left to right, from the side forward or back. ;) If it cannot do so at a decent speed, how does that help? Answer: :D "It did not." The most dangerous opponent on the field is the one one you cannot predict, thanks to having treads the other tanks used the natural terrain to be unpredictable to move them up and down while they drift, making it much more difficult to nail them and moving at speeds that even flips THEM at times? :D Now if you have applied that Critical Thinking at this point, you have now put 7 and 7 together and now see how deadly have your main gun swivel is in this situation. Seeing as you say you play, how have you not encountered anyone using these vehicles the way they are supposed to be used? :eek: Oh right, you are N.C. You do not have to fight knowledgeable Vanguard users. :rolleyes:

15: :cool: You are darn straight it seems Legit, because it is. :eek: Even more so thanks to Nanite Grenades.

16: o_O You again, seem to think I cannot use a Magrider, I can... I could use it before the update. But just as I have said before just because you can use something that is pure garbage, does not mean that said garbage is good. I.E. Pichu, The Cloaking Flash, and the flipping Lasher. :D Hahaha! All of them bank on you not being noticed. You start running into problems is when you try to play offensively by yourself. From that point on, you were Ice skating uphill. The only way you came out on top is if you found a way to bend the rules employ cowardly tactics, or overwhelming skill, in which case, as I said before, put ANYTHING else in that persons hands, :eek: and it is game over.

17: :D I ONLY run into problems with you here I only get warnings when addressing you, and I do not see how, I do not curse you. I only give what I take. Hilariously I do not remember seeing you ONCE on the battle field. :p That is what leads me to believe you are just a Forum Jokey.
  8. LordKrelas

As usual, there is more 'smiles' than people in the entire thread, in just one reply.
    You used to be able to nearly fly the magrider over basically any wall.
    The Vanguard shield has been nerfed repeatedly, and needs to be replaced, as it's ether too strong or unavailable, resulting in the Vanguard being massacred if the enemy knows how to use their own vehicle.

The Saron, was feared, and still is; As it's an AV weapon with pin-point long-range accuracy, with the ability to burst fire the entire magazine if the enemy got closed; That's front-loading the entire clip.
    TR would love to be able to do that.
    Mix this Saron, with the original Lancer, another AV weapon capable this time, of near hitscan extreme range AV.
    In groups, it vaporized tanks who couldn't dodge, at render range.

NC weapons have been nerfed, TR weapons have been nerfed.
    VS isn't alone in being nerfed.

VS has had the most over-preforming equipment on record.
    Like come on.

VS weapons are on the top charts, and their users aren't godlike on NS weapons.
    If they we actually superior, they wouldn't drop into oblivion upon using identical weapons to their opponents.

Durability is nothing against Sheer DPS, or unavoidable Hits.
    High Damage is nothing, in of itself, against an target able to evade most hits.
    NC's gear is typically short-ranged, or long on the reloads, and that's not mentioning handling.
    That's against longer-ranged, higher DPS weaponry, and those designed for higher baseline accuracy.

VS used to have the most Anti-vehicle options available, that were highly effective at long-range.
    The Magrider is also quite effective at killing infantry; Low Velocity rockets vs a strafing vehicle that can activate a booster.
    Add in the plentiful AOE spam weapons, with high radius, and you have the means to effectively terminate vehicles at range past their firing range, and take out infantry en-masse.
    VS has the most easiest to use weaponry, with plentiful options for handling situations.
    Their Max Unit's ES ability, used to be absurd, and was nerfed hard, instead of changed entirely.
    VS was Given the original Canis UV option, which enlarged the head of enemies, and granted full headshot multiplier:
    VS then defended this gun, as if it was perfectly fine, for VS to be able to gain head-shot bonuses for missing their target by meters.
    VS has requested cloakable Magriders, Shields for their Magrider that also boost weapons, Hitscan Sniperifles, Flying Maxes..
    And has complained about NC not getting their RPM lowered, due to 100% perfect accuracy of NC gear being too effective.
    VS has the highest count of wins, from the game start.

NC, up close, terminates with the overly specific (resulting in a hardline supremacy in close-quarters) Shotgun Maxes.
    And a Shotgun focus, which only in their particular environment shines; And then shines hard, as that is the sole environment it is built for.
    Which typically results in that shotgun seeming OP, when it is actually practical; And on the MAX, if it fire, it usually is pretty damn close to, if not entirely OP.
    However, stick that MAX out of that perfect situation, and it falls flat;
    So users will, knowing its short-ranged, only use it where practical.
    The Vanguard Shield: Any encounter with the Vanguard, is expected to have this shield ready.
    With it, it can, from the front, out-last a straight slug-match without cover: Or roll into an enemy, and finish them off.
    Without it, it can't: It lacks the DPS, or the health advantage, and has a repair-time disadvantage on top.
    If it's nerfed further, it won't be able to allow the tank to win, without the enemy operating at a severe impractical position.
    But if it's left as this kind of equipment, it will not fix the problem with the tank itself; The Tank is too dependent on this shield.
    The Phoenix, is NC's ES Launcher. I suggest trying to use it, outside a spawn room, and then look at the Lancer.
    It did well for a day, and got nerfed - It had a bug one day, and people demanded NC lose their entire ES Launcher completely.
    NC has requested, changes to the Vanguard shield, Changes to MAX Weaponry from shotguns, changing their starter LMG.
    These threads collect from mostly VS (as they demanded VS be buffed instead), and severe nerf demands on everything mentioned.
    NC has the record lowest wins from the game's start.

For TR, they deal with typically mass inaccuracy at range.
    With their sheer DPS if they can direct the flood of bullets, being incredibly high.
    Their Max unit is typically quite dynamic, but their Max ability is incredibly situational due to the severe vulnerability & limitations of it.
    Pounders are a great TR AV weapon for the Max, able to also function as AI, akin to short-ranged arcing mortar fire.
    Vulcans, are incredibly useful spin-up high RPM weaponry designed for AV role, doing best up close, but functional at range.
    TR's chaingun is designed for slightly above close-quarters, and is for sustained fire, at a bit of a disadvantage otherwise.
    The Striker is the best infantry-level AA option in-game, and is on their heavy assaults, as an ES Launcher, akin to VS's Lancer.
    TR's Prowler, recently had its ES ability changed, splitting up some of the benefits, which afforded their DPS heavy (Same identical health as Magrider) tracked-tank, with the highest baseline frontal speed, incredible firepower boosts.
    TR requests are the fewest on this site.
    TR has middling to average wins across the game's history.

VS is not hard-done by.
    • Up x 1
  9. Exileant

;) Again, I wish I were here for the Herd of Imps, but I was not. I fully agree with Desann. They stripped the meat off the Magrider then gave the other tanks healthy choice to feed upon whilst leaving Magrider looking stupid.

o_O Now sure a Magrider can go side to side. But honestly with how slowly it did so it, made as much sense as asking telling a massive Sumo Wrestler to shimmy side to side attempting to dodge baseballs being batted at them. :D Far too slow to have made much difference unless the person just truly could not aim. And given the speed of the turrets, even the worst of shot would get in a few. It needs to move side to side by about 5 more. :p
  10. Exileant

I will be honest Lord you are almost as bad as Demi, Ok.... You speak of the Sardon.

o_O Have you not see heard of or FELT the burn of the Obliteration Door, The Hands of Hunger, A.K.A. The flipping GATEKEEPER?!
    It will expel its entire clip into you and it can even be used on infantry. It is beyond pinpoint. Last I fired mine ALL of the rockets went in the same line. :confused: You can even draw with it like a Destiny Trace Rifle.... :D Do not give me that river. Gate keeper was a stand alone weapon well before that ammo dump fire upgrade. Now it is pure pain. And easily can compare to a Sardon. Another funny thing is if you leave your tounge lose and shake your head really hard from side to side, you can sound like one. That is probably what inspired the new firing system. A smile and a :p "SPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPS!!!!!"

Face them in a group and you are beyond done....
  11. LordKrelas

Original Gatekeeper, yes was a monster: it's been nerfed & adjusted more than the Saron was.
    Saron also a monster.

I prefer the Saron to this day, on my tank.
    If you can aim, it's fantastic.

So, unless you believe a TR weapon's capability ages ago, means VS's weapon capacity ages ago, must be discarded..
    You end up with VS & TR having murderously potent weapons back in the day.
    Saron is still however potent; Gatekeeper is barely.
    • Up x 1
  12. Exileant

;) If you like the Sardon good for you. How ever liking it does not make it "the best". It is funny, because people love saying no weapon is the best. o_O "The best weapon is a weapon that can be used in every situation to great effect." In the original A.C. series the best GUN was called the Karasawa Plasma Rifle. (Later changed to Laser Rifle and then the ability to create explosions) ;) It only had 50 shots and was unbelievably heavy, but it had such high damage it could kill most regular enemies in 1 hit. o_O It was capable of bringing down Massive M.T.s or bosses by itself needing to land only 20 to 40 shots. But what made this gun so powerful was it had a lockbox nearly the size of your screen, so it was EASY to use. ;) And that is the key word, right there, "EASY". A SARDON has next to no explosive force and depends on direct hits to kill infantry, that is not easy thanks to a Magriders ability to Strafe and how badly it bobs around slowly righting itself after hills often blocking your view with its body. :eek: A Gatekeeper does not in the least. o_O For infantry, just unload the clip in the general position they should end up and they will die, Top this off with it doing high damage to a vehicles, and it spits on a Sardon in disgust. :( Sure a Sardon is armor piercing, but lets face it, Armor Piercing does only enough damage to what? Eventually save 1 shot? And in order for you to get that benefit you must nail all of the rest. :confused: The Sardon is Semi-Semi Auto, Fire it too fast and it will spray all over the place or worse, delay a shot until your next button press, where as Gate keeper is one button press, and worry about aim. Gate keeper is easy to use , hard hitting and is almost a dead tie for power as the Sardon just against vehicles, add the benefit of it keeping you safe from infantry? I tell you what, :D Trade us. You take the freaking Sardon and put the Gatekeeper on my flipping Magrider and see what happens to you. :p I will beat you like a Red-headed Step Mule that stole something on Christmas. :DA Ho-ho-Whole-LOTTA %&&Whoopin.
  13. Inogine

Chiming in as a harasser main user. IE: Use those topguns exclusively.

Gatekeeper was indeed a monster when it was first introduced. They then hard-nerfed it into the floor. It pretty much disappeared for the longest time from anyone's topgun unless they were relatively new. It's only recently come back in a big way with the buff, but it's still a 1-1 with the Halberd or perhaps a little behind it though. So it feels. It's not pinpoint, but it's close. It also has a lil' upkick when firing. Ease of use I still hand off to the Halberd, but gatekeeper is in a better place now and perhaps worth consideration for the first time since the nerf.

If you wanna trade the gatekeeper for your saron though... I will happily make that trade. Just help me convince the devs. Seriously. My gunner buddy would be ecstatic.

Used to be you couldn't go a few seconds without hearing the thump thump thump thump of the boombox, AKA: Mjolnir for the NC. Nor the laser whine of a Saron shot overhead. TR? Halberds. Anyone worth their salt anyway. There were a few brave souls still rocking the Vulcan, but you had to touch tanks to get any appreciable DPS from them. Better served to run Halberd where you didn't have to expose yourself as long to get any appreciable alpha damage. Now with the buffs feeling a bit more balanced, we can actually compete on even terms. Nice to hear TR weaponry on top guns actually be faction specific for once.

As for maggies... Well I generally don't pick fights with'em. I'll duck and weave on NC tanks all day. Likewise with prowlers cause I can leap over an edge they can't and be down and away to safety. Maggies though? They terrify me if they've got a good pilot who's aware. I'll poke and prod, but I die to them more than anyone else's MBT. If I see one, I'm cautious and waiting for something to distract and help me engage him. If I see two though... Peace, I'm out.

I try to keep an open mind even though I pretty much only main TR. After a buff/nerf to something I often use, I'll hop over to the other side and see how it feels to go up against it. My buddies tend to too. Now, I'm no major user of other faction's equipment, but I can get a general idea on how hard it is to cope going up against my own weaponry. Tactics have to change on my end for sure. Maggies feel quite easy to aim by comparison to other tanks. Godspeed to that prowler or vanguard that can pull off rolling shots cause bless my aim I can't. Maggies though? Easy to do with little practice. Moving around takes a minute to figure out how it interacts with surfaces, but it can get in such wondrous positions with a devastating cannon... It's as if the light vehicles had a mutant child that grew up into a tank for all it's mobility. If things stop going well, relocate. I can't do that in the prowler or vanguard. Not without noting terrain to a MUCH higher degree.

Every bump, every flat road, every surface I can slide off of with the other MBTs must be noted. Maggies? Nearly any surface will do as long as I'm aware of how to fight the sliding effect on sloped terrain. The transitions are far less jarring and I can dodge your shots. S'what I do often in the harasser so it feels like home. Other tanks can't get onto mountains.
  14. LordKrelas

Fun fact; I never said it was best, nor did I name any weapon for a 'best'

[IMG]
    You quoted me, you can see, I state the benefits.
    Hell, I stated the benefits of a lot of weapons prior to that.

What you are replying to
    [IMG]
    Still not a single instance of "dis gun is best"

If you can't use the Magrider's agility, as the strafing throws off your ability to use a drop-less AV shot that is literally pin-point if you can handle timing, you would be worse off with the Gatekeeper.
    As on the Magrider; You'd still be strafing, except in a full-on automated burst-fire of the entire clip.
    When you trigger the Gatekeeper in the modern day, it fires off an entire salvo.
    Which given your statement on why you find the Saron worse, would make the Gatekeeper even harder for you to use.

Not to mention, that the Saron is a Precision weapon: It has the close-range option to rapidly unload the entire clip in an alpha strike, to use the weapon accurately at a distance, you burst it, like a bloody Gauss Saw, or any heavy-hitting gun.
    You can land the shot a near mile away, and it'll be dead-center to where you aimed it.
    The Gatekeeper lacks this accuracy, so obviously, it had to make up for it, if the angle allows hitting the ground or other surfaces.

I use the Saron, to massacre: be it tanks, infantry, or even enemy snipers.
    I use the Gatekeeper to great effect against vehicles, with middling results against infantry.
    (Unless I can nail the ground below them)

The strafing of the magrider is easy to account for as well, when you control the entire fire rate of your weapon.
    Handle the Saron, like you would a Gauss Saw, and it's godly; Use it like a rookie, and you'll be useless.
    IE, it's a skill-check, for that massive power behind the perfectly accurate long-range dropless AV cannon.

A Gatekeeper is like the Yumi; Once triggered, it doesn't stop till it fired the whole salvo.
  15. pnkdth

VS have not won much more than TR. VS have won less than a thousand more alerts than TR over 6+ years (43k+ alerts...).

That's 2.2% more alert wins. So can we please drop the idea VS is the dominant faction, please?

The anomaly is, and always have been, the NC. There is no reason to gun for VS especially since as already pointed out all the OP toys have been blunted severely. Well, most, I still think the BG is too powerful (it should drop one more damage tier and be reduced to an effective magazine of 40).

Ok, the Saron is good but this is too much. Way too much. Sniping infantry? Enemy snipers? No, just no. I am sure you can hit them but massacring them? Why are these people standing still in the open while you slowly and methodically shoot them over and over?

It could also be argued that the quick follow up shots of the Gatekeeper enable to be efficiently track and readjust (especially in hectic situations) similarly to its main cannon. Also, why I like the Enforcer over the Halberd on the Vanguard. Indeed, much of the issues with the Vanguard is (and used to be) its single shot with higher damage being more punishing.

That said, the Magrider is a good MBT but let's not get carried away.
    • Up x 1
  16. LordKrelas

Eh, I over-sold it, but I do use it to murder quite well.
    I was replying to someone after all, who put strafing of the Maggie as a negative.

Had to get the point across! lol
    • Up x 1
  17. Demigan

My original point was that it wasn't an effective weapon due to it's range, arc, slow projectiles, limited damage per magazine making a kill unlikely and more. And that the Starfall was vastly superior. Even today the Starfall still has almost double the performance in both AI and AV compared to the Buzzard.

So because there's two dudes who use lightnings in tandem (which isn't 2 or 3 lightnings, just 2) suddenly the entire game plays with tandem lightning?
    Also you must have missed where I told you that I play Lightning, that I have well above average stats with almost every lightning weapon and that I actually do a lot of dual lightning with a friend. But if there's more than 1 in 150 players that actually does active lightning hunter-packs it's going to be much.

Also you are afraid of a Lightning coming underneath you, even though the Lightning player has a chance of accidentally missing you because it's hard to see where the Magrider begins and ends when you are underneath and you have to save a shot until you are underneath before firing or you'll miss your chance. The Magrider quite literally has to just move to avoid this tactic, and if you are worth anything you would immediately get off near the Lightnings rear while turning and give him a rear-shot as well, putting you back in the top.

You have a lot of user experience with bias but that does not make you an expert.
    First off, there's plenty of people who say TR/VS/NC is OP. There's also plenty of people who have said they are UP. Since multiple people have said it it's all true right? Right!?
    And speaking of bias, weren't you one of those multiple people who stated that the NC shotguns are superior to those of the TR/VS, even though they are carbon-copies of eachother?
    And that you said the Starfall was inferior to the Buzzard and Fury?
    And that Vanguards can handle multiple enemies at the same time? (You are going to say not in the next bit but you'll see that I'm right anyway in a moment).

Also you are trying to make us believe that you are godlike in SSBM and in a Vanguard (as stated below), even though you don't use your shield in the one situation where using it immediately is the right way to go (IE fighting 2 or more enemies at the same time) and even worst You can't even protect yourself from a Lightning going underneath you even though the solution is literally "move off". Planning your way out of a cardboard box is harder than a Magrider protecting against a Lightning underneath. A Magrider being defeated by a Lightning underneath is like complaining "oh noes snipers are OP cus I immediately stop/run straight at them and get headshotted every time!".
    How can you try to claim to be so good if you can't even do the simplest things in a Magrider?

"You do not read, they can destroy 2-3 MBT's solo. But Even now a Vanguard is still capable of engaging multiple targets and winning"

So... They are able to destroy multiple enemies at once, like I said you claimed. Are you really so bad at writing an argument that you literally forget the last sentence you wrote and made a big deal about?

Also as a Magrider I've destroyed multiple Vanguards, including in a 2v1 scenario, I've also once destroyed 2 Sunderer's, a Lightning, 2 Vanguards and a lost Prowler in one life. Does that immediately make the Magrider OP? No ofcourse not, so we have to look not at a single event but at what the average player will achieve with it, IE use performance statistics.

Seriously it's like explaining global warming to someone in siberia. "Look the average temperature is warmer here and you have more days without snow than before".
    "I see snow right now! Hah! You must be lying!".<--- This is what your examples of gameplay look like, except that you also claim to be the shaman who actually conjured the snow with his mere presence and then namedrop some people your audience may or may not have heard off (I haven't) to "prove" your righteousness.

So you are awesome! Except that you didn't activate your shield which is a dumb thing to do in that situation. Also if you are able to defeat multiple opponents in that area the way you describe, they were absolutely aweful at the game. It doesn't magically make the Vanguard OP as all heck because you could defeat some bads. I scored better in AV with my pre-CAI HE Lightning than most people did with their AP Lightning, that doesn't mean the HE Lightning is better at AV than the AP one!

"You must be bad, I just admitted to not even activating my shield when it was necessary and that I can't even perform tactics like drive off a Lightning that is trying to get underneath you, but you must be bad and I'll prove it by just stating you probably won't understand something random".

-Exileant.

Actually go back to my post, I mention the Prowler at one point to illustrate that the Vanguard got weaker since the last time I checked the stats that proved the Magrider could well keep up with it. I did not use the Prowler comment to react to something you said untill later where you go "yargh long-range Prowler" as a reaction to me.

Are you really that dumb? I just explained to you that the triple-shot is bad for the Prowler. You don't even seem to realize how a triple-shot can occur!
    Triple shots occur when you re-arm some ammo at a Sundy/ammo tower/from your implant while you still have 1 shot left in your barrel. It adds another shot to your magazine, but this shot will not deal any damage, thus decreasing your DPS.

Also if you make such a huge point about a tank being the best in long-range while many people claim the same in combination with "it's not good at short-range", then your argument is badly constructed if you don't mean that. Don't use ambiguity.

You are mixing things up again. The Prowler's 3rd shot does no damage and I never claimed the Buzzard deals no damage until it explodes, but since the explosion is it's primary feature and direct-hits are hard with it unless standing against your opponent, which still completely negates the idea of using the explosion which is just as strong as a direct hit, it's not a great weapon.

Also you claim the Buzzard is easy to hit with, even though you also claim that the Starfall is nigh impossible to hit infantry with despite the Starfall being much much easier to use.

Oh wow, my first misread in this entire discussion! Well I'm sorry.

Still, the top-speed is a wonderful trade-off for being able to strafe and have stable firing while on the move. It's called "balance", and if we gave the Magrider similar speeds as the other two it would have been a nightmare.

I quite literally say that Lightnings can get at most 1 shot in your belly, expect if you are Exiliant who apparently just takes it in his rear without moving off.
    Exileant: "So you agree that Lightnings can easily get more than 1 shot in and that I can move like the wind and suffer only one right?"

Good job Exileant! You just stated the exact opposite of a 1-line sentence in my post. One single and not very long sentence, and you still screw it up.

Learn to drive a Magrider and you'll see that everything you just said makes no sense. You are faster, if a Lightning just got underneath you it means he was moving forwards (unless he's also a dummy or you are so dumb that you personally moved your Magrider over him) so he takes longer to slow down and move backwards again and he's slower moving backwards and he's slower turning than you so you can just move off while turning and blow his rear open.
    Also if he's already underneath you and fired a shot, he can't just fire another one in your rear unless you are really really slow to get off that tank. It's called "reloading", look it up it might broaden your horizon. The only way it could fire another shot is if it was either a Skyguard or a Viper, one deals too little damage to matter much in this discussion and the other wouldn't be helped by saving a shot for your rear if he's already underneath you.

18. Demigan

After the whole "You react to me" thing I had to look at what you wrote.

"Lock-down increases velocity and fire rate". Lock down (anchor mode now) never increased fire rate, it did increase muzzle velocity and reduced reload time. The 0,5 second delay caused by the 120 rpm remains uninfluenced in both the old and the new anchor mode. The new mode only does muzzle velocity.

Barrage (Red Glow) influences your reload speed, again not changing your fire rate. You'll never reach the 240 RPM (0,25 delay between shots) that the Viper has as your RPM is never altered.

I realize you probably havent read the other rebuttal but just to try and get it in your head: the 3rd shot does not deal any damage when a Prowler receives another shot when re-arming.
  19. Desann

The main thing to realize is ALL VEHICLES got nerfed cuz infantry was sadcuzbad. Everyone wanted to run around like fools and cry when tanks ate them alive. Now every base is literally an infantry wet dream.

Speaking of bases. Who the hell thought of designing bases that cater to the attacker? Recall the amp station update years back that made spawn points for an attacking force to spawn at the base....wtf.

Ive said it again, ill keep saying it. Planetside 1 was a better game. Planetside 2 is fun, but the current gaming industry ruins every developers vision of a really good game to cater to the cod, battlefield, mlg masses.

It is what it is. I get they need to make money, but they alienate the true supporters and the game loses focus.

Vehicles need some love and we need more factional flavor on vehicles. Sunderers could use some faction-unique weapons and abilities!
    • Up x 1
  20. adamts01

Many bases favor defenders, often ridiculously so, all towers for example. The extremes should be reeled in a little in both cases. That said, a constantly moving front is a good thing, and if bases were easier to defend, we'd have a pretty boring stalemate of a front line.
    • Up x 1