When is daybreak going to ban the cheaters?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Walking Shark, Feb 28, 2018.

1. strikearrow

It the end it doesn't really matter if it's lag or not. If the game doesn't respond to what you see, then it's a bad game. Either the game play outweighs the poor game performance or it does not.
  2. The Wolf

The game use to be well done, but since the change and patches its gotten pretty bad. Honestly I don't even care much about the customer support hence why I take long breaks and rather not deal with the game. Besides we have separate servers for these people, they need to IP block people on certain servers. Players from China shouldn't be on a US server, first of all due to a language barrier, and secondly due to their overly high ping/lag.
  3. adamts01

Now that we have Soltech, I'm really hoping they do set a ping limit. But they need to offer that server transfer first. But don't think an IP block will solve a single thing. All of those players from China are already using VPNs.
    • Up x 1
  4. The Wolf

You do have a point well they should start banning them from certain servers some how I mean its just ridiculous I rather play on a dead server versus one with a crap ton of laggy players.
  5. adamts01

The fact is that we don't have enough servers to offer the ideal ping that many are asking for. Even with Soltech, you still have paying customers in central and south America that won't meet competitive standards. 12v12 games can offer ideal ping because they can offer small servers to small markets. That's just not in the cards for a game like this. Anyway, Australians play with 200 ping on Connery and things aren't crazy. I play with 200 ping from the Philippines and things aren't bad. I've got buddies that play with 160 ping from China with VPNs that don't cause problems. It's Chinese players without VPNs with 400+ ping that cause issues, and now they have a server where they can get 250ms without a VPN, or 50 with one. It's players who purposefully manipulate their ping that cause problems. With a ping limit of 250 or 300, that would let everyone in the world find a server, and eliminate the warping and 90% of the funny business that we see day to day. It would also eliminate the American players who use a VPN to connect to Asia to play on Connery and exploit latency advantages. Players need to be realistic with the state of the game and what Daybreak can realistically do, and a ping limit of 70 or 80 that people demand is just not a possibility. To those who aren't satisfied with that, I say that this has never and will never be a competitive shooter, and they need to get over it and enjoy this game for what it is or move on.
  6. utofbu

FPSK isnt cheating, they are rubber-banding guys... cmon...

I remember one cheater who would shoot me with a zephyr or dalton and it would always be a different gun that got the kill. So I would get Daltoned, but the a knife or a LMG would get a kill-tick. That was back in 2012. That person was confirmed-banned. Never to return.
    That is the only clear and hands-down hack I have ever seen. And it was a stat-padding hack.
    So.....
  7. adamts01

There have probably been hundreds of bans since this post started. If you've only seen one hacker since 2012, the only takeaway is how terrible you are at spotting such things. You even mentioned FPSK, so I'm guessing you play on Connery. And you really don't remember the blatant cheating leading up to Battleye? It was out of control. Daybreak didn't spend all that money on Battleye for no reason.
  8. niceone011

Yup... sad, but true... hack buyers are truly pathetic bunch.
  9. AllRoundGoodGuy

I need some advice here, how old does a post have to be to qualify for a necropost meme?