[Suggestion] Get some new Reddit moderators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Caudill, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caudill

After being insulted by other users on the PS2 Reddit, I defended myself. This got me banned from the Reddit, which is no big loss. I was just killing time during server maintenance. You guys at DBG might want to take a look at who you have on there. While I was banned for making political statements, this did not stop the moderator from engaging in a little of his own, before muting me so I couldn't even reply to the moderators of the forum. Real classy!

See for yourself. "Soros bless you." is his idea of a joke, I guess. Pathetic!
    http://magaimg.net/img/6lm0.png
  2. BamaRage

Lol, I deleted my reddit account today so lol no more reddit.....
  3. Caudill

No big loss there. The place is a cesspool. I just thought I'd let the DBG folks know what is going on behind the scenes and who is representing their game on there.

PS - Heavy Hitters are a great outfit. Anyone looking for organized ops with a fun atmosphere should look into it! Of course, Anthem is for handsomer and more charismatic players who enjoy discussion and shooting communists and jihadis in the face.
  4. Campagne

As if DBG moderators would ever be any better.

I honestly don't think they actually even read most reported posts, and certainly not the threads which contain them.
    • Up x 3
  5. SmittyJensen

reddit is a scary place. Not necessarily the PS2 section.. but in general. I don't know why DBG staff spend no time on their own forum and instead on reddit and twitter nearly solely. This forum should get any news first and, if they want, link the other sites (such as reddit or twitter) to this forum imo. I mean you have a company forum.. why not use it more?
    • Up x 4
  6. Exileant

;) Contact the people at Daybreak, the forums Moderators have nothing to do with the game. Last issue I had here I got apology gifts from them. I do not know if any action was taken against them, but I do know they are no longer as critical of my posts here. :D Freedom of speech makes me happy. o_O So long as you were acting like a human being, and not some moronic, poop wallowed donkey, they should have left you alone. :) Personally, anything that cannot be pulled up on my phone properly without triggering at least 3 malware warnings can bite me. :p That is Reddirt all the live long day.
  7. Hegeteus

Problem is, that subreddit moderators are just random private people. You'd need to appeal to the actual reddit staff, not us.

That being said, I find politics in non-political subs to be of poor taste, as I did the mod response.
    • Up x 3
  8. HippoCryties

It’s EuroScumbag
    ANTM are my enemy xD
    • Up x 1
  9. Caudill

Hey dude! :)
    • Up x 1
  10. Caudill

That's fair. I don't giving me a 14-day suspension was so bad, but his little snarky comment was pathetic.
  11. Zizoubaba

they do if you're a famous super star like me ! I got "temporarily banned" hundreds of times on my last account ! :)
    • Up x 2
  12. saronyogg

I agree with a comment i did read a long time ago.
    "New generations are less psycological resillence"
    • Up x 1
  13. Roxxlyy Community Relations

The PS2 subreddit is run entirely by community volunteers. We don't employ or choose the moderators in any way, nor do any Daybreak employees have any sort of moderator permissions on Reddit.
    • Up x 1
  14. Caudill

Ok, then why does DBG seem to use it as an official forum? I thought I saw Wrel directing people there over the official forums? Perhaps I misunderstood, but the communication with players is very lackluster in this game. Some info appears on Twitter, but not on other places. I wish there was a central location for all info on this game. When the game is down sometimes, I have to go to three places to figure out why and when it might be back up.

I suggest one of those social media platform managers that shotguns to every venue when you have an announcement without having to manually paste it in each account to post it. I also wish there was more communication on these forums. I know it's a small team, but it feels like yelling into the grand canyon most of the time if there is a complaint about the game.

For instance, I've been waiting over a year for my outfit decal, while smaller and newer outfits got theirs. I jumped through all the hops and did all the paperwork, none of which is necessary if my decal is not being sold on the store. I think I insulted almighty Wrel and he put me on the "naughty list", so Anthem will never get their decal. Can I at least get my 10 bucks back? I was a big supporter of this game, have spent thousands, shared with friends and run a great outfit for years that has built a community around this game. I think a little reciprocation is in order from DBG. If not, that's okay. I can take a hint. I'll go where I (and my dollars) are wanted!
    • Up x 1
  15. JibbaJabba

I don't think the jab that the reddit mod did was very professional and he should not have done that. I agree with you.

The reddit vs official forums vs twitter vs whatever is also a legit gripe. The SOE/DBG PR has always been a bit sketchy in that regard and I think it does indeed contribute to a feeling of not being heard that players get.

But you keep expecting people to be all wink wink nudge nudge with these views of yours then get surprised when they aren't. You know your views are not widely accepted Caudill. You accepted that long ago I think. People are not obligated to like you nor is free speech guaranteed in these venues. We came here to play a game, not really talk politics. You tick mods or whoever off with that stuff and human nature is gonna take over (even if it's unjust). Stuff like this is gonna happen. The ingame stuff is getting a bit tiresome as well. I don't need it pointed out to me when a given player is Muslim or some other religion. I don't care. I only care if they are a good medic/pilot/whatever.

If you really feel you need to take off, that's cool. It's been fun playing with you and I wish you the best. I'm happy to keep the joint well financed in your absence.
    • Up x 1
  16. Caudill

OK, Cyntrax.
  17. Caudill

Just made a guess, based on past experience. What's your fascination with me? Is it my good looks? Sorry, I'm not a fairy!
  18. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Downtime announcements are available on the forums, game launcher, and social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) 100% of the time. Other official news is typically shared to the website and social media. This is incredibly consistent, and any other communications with developers are conversational and optional; they aren't shared across platforms because they are discussions with the community, and not official news.

If you'd like to discuss the unrelated issue with your decal, feel free to PM me. However, I have removed several posts in this thread that directly violated our Terms of Service, which may give you your answer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.